e that.Kiraly, an assistant coach in | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 18 '18
NEW YORK -- Alex Rodriguez had a day off to think about the "overwhelming" reception he received in his season debut at Yankee Stadium. Mens Under Armour Speedform Apollo . A-Rod did not play Saturday in the New York Yankees 9-3 loss to Detroit, a game that began about 13 hours after Rodriguez struck out three times in four at-bats during a 10-inning victory over the Tigers. "Just a day, its a quick turnaround and hes coming off an injury," manager Joe Girardi said. "If we dont have that late night maybe I play him today." Rodriguez left the ballpark Friday night without talking to the media, but he was upbeat and smiling throughout a chat in front of his locker before Saturdays game. The one topic he wouldnt discuss: a report that said he was given a letter by the Yankees stating that they are thinking of fining him for violating the collective bargaining agreement in late July. Citing anonymous sources, ESPNNewYork reported the Yankees could fine him for seeking an unapproved second opinion on his strained quadriceps. He can also be penalized for failing to show up for work July 12 after meeting with Major League baseball officials conducting the investigation into Biogenesis, the now-closed Florida anti-aging clinic. "Maybe they sent it to my lawyers, but Im not really going to talk about that," Rodriguez said. A call to general manager Brian Cashman on Saturday was not returned. Coming off January hip surgery, Rodriguez played his first game in New York since a horrendous post-season and since appealing the 211-game doping suspension he was given last week. He received a mix of cheers and boos throughout the pregame and a good number of fans stood and applauded during his first at-bat against Detroits Rick Porcello. But any good vibes quickly turned to jeers when he struck out. "I was having a hard time keeping my emotions in check," Rodriguez said of the welcome. "So much better than I even dreamed of. I just felt the love walking around the city. What people are screaming, pretty incredible. This city is the greatest city in the world." Rodriguez was booed throughout his first three games of the season in Chicago. And he expects to hear plenty for the rest of the year. "For the last 14 years theres always been a mix. Do you ever get 100 per cent of anything?" Rodriguez asked. "Even Chicago was a mix. Bostons going to be a mix -- well, maybe not Boston. But I was overwhelmed. Yesterday was a day Ill never forget." After going 0 for 4, A-Rod was lifted for defence in the ninth inning. He had no problem with the move, saying he trusts Girardi. Girardi insisted hes only trying to manage a player returning from a serious injury. And he has experience. Girardi already has seen star shortstop Derek Jeter return to the disabled list twice since coming back in July from off-season ankle surgery. Out with a right calf strain, Jeter played catch on the field and said he might ride a stationary bike. He thinks he could starting running in the next couple of days. A 14-time All-Star with 647 career homers, Rodriguez is 3 for 15 with two walks and a hit by pitch in his first four games. He thinks hell need about a dozen games to know where he is in his recovery. Under Armour Mens Shoes Sale . Listen to the game live on TSN Radio 1050 at 7pm et. The Raptors traded Rudy Gay, Quincy Acy and Aaron Gray to the Sacramento Kings on Monday, in exchange for Greivis Vasquez, John Salmons, Patrick Patterson and Chuck Hayes. Under Armor Speedform Gemini . - Blake Griffin had 30 points and 12 rebounds, J. http:///...ur-scorpio-blue.html . Barcelonas entertaining victory ensured the defending Spanish champions retained their share of the league lead with Atletico Madrid two rounds ahead of their meeting in the capital. Real Madrid needed a late goal by substitute Jese Rodriguez to earn a 3-2 victory at Valencia to stay in third place and three points behind its title rivals. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Forty-eight hours, they said, and theyd be ready. Ready to fight for a medal of the wrong color.Nothing against bronze medals, but thats not what the U.S. womens volleyball team intended to bring home from Rio, and it was not what anyone expected the top-ranked team in the world to do as it sought the first gold medal in the programs history.In one of the bigger upsets suffered by the U.S. in these Games, the 2012 silver medalist fell Thursday to Serbia, playing in its first Olympic semifinal, 20-25, 25-17, 25-21, 16-25, 15-13.This one stings, for sure, [but] we have a great example set for us. Kerri Walsh Jennings and April Ross responded really well after their semifinal loss, and we plan to take that same approach, said team captain Christa Harmotto Dietzen, referring to the American beach volleyball duo that lost in the semifinals before beating the top-seeded Brazilian tandem for the bronze.The obvious difference? Walsh Jennings had never lost in three previous Games.Right now this loss is deeply disappointing. It cuts deep, its very painful, and thats OK. When you care this much, its going to, said U.S. coach Karch Kiraly, the most successful Olympic volleyball player in history, winning gold medals in beach and indoor.Kiraly went to his bench often after an unspecified leg injury early in the second set sidelined Foluke Akinradewo, who had led the U.S. with six points and three blocks in the first set. Experimenting with different lineups, the error-prone Americans were helpless to contain the sudden momentum of the Serbs, who won the second and third sets.Yeah, it was tough when Foluke went down, said Harmotto Dietzen. I think we were a little distracted there for a second because we care so much for her. We obviously wanted to turn this around for her and for everybody thats part of this program.The Americans rallied in a one-sided fourth set in which they converted on a whopping 12-of-18 spikkes. Stephen Curry 2 Shoes For Sale. They led 12-10 in the final set before Serbia reeled off the next three points and five of the final six. A U.S. serve into the net to set up match point for Serbia was the most devastating point in that match-winning Serbian run.In a topsy-turvy tournament, Serbia will go for gold against either China, led by former U.S. coach Jenny Lang Ping, or the Netherlands, returning to Olympic volleyball competition for the first time in 25 years.What I can say after this game? said Serbian coach Zoran Terzic, whose team lost to the U.S. on Aug. 10 in a pool-play four-setter. I dont have words definitely because this is a historical moment for me, for Serbia volleyball, the first Olympic medal in our history. In this moment we are very happy, very proud, especially the way we played against maybe the best team in the world.Serbia may have been the underdogs, but the Americans, as has been the case in all of their games here, faced a loud majority of fans rooting against them.While Kiraly praised his teams ability to face adversity, he stopped short of using the crowd as an excuse.It had nothing do with the noise, he said. I love the energy in Brazil. Whether its loud against us or for us, that kind of energy and that atmosphere is why were all doing this. We love passion like that.Kiraly, an assistant coach in 2012 who was hired shortly after the London Games to take over a program on the upswing, led the U.S. to the 2014 FIVB World Championship, its first international title. And he was determined, by stressing team as family, to win its first gold medal.Weve built something special over the years. ... I dont know if it will happen four years from now or 52 years from now, he said, but our job is to make an Olympic gold medal happen at some point for the history of the U.S. program. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: