We are here to run to the end, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 29 '17
MEXICO CITY - Christina Kim won the Lorena Ochoa Invitational on Sunday for her first LPGA Tour title in nine years, beating Shanshan Feng in a playoff after losing a five-stroke lead. Charles Oakley Jersey .Kim won with a tap-in par on the par-4 18th on the second extra hole at Club de Golf Mexico.This is the greatest win in my life, without a doubt, Kim said.The 30-year-old American celebrated with an exuberant dance and jumped up and down on the green. Kim hugged caddie T.J. Jones, boyfriend Duncan French and friend Michelle Wie, with Wie wiping away tears after embracing the winner. French is Wies caddie.I cant put into words how Im feeling right now. Kim said. Im still riding so many emotions. It feels surreal. I cant explain. Im so overwhelmed right now. Im so proud and honoured to be a champion for such an incredible tournament.Kim won for the first time since the Tournament of Champions in November 2005, ending a 221-tournament victory drought. She also won the 2004 Longs Drug Challenge.She jumped up and she was really happy, Feng said. I felt the same thing. I was really happy for her because shes a good player, good person.Feng, from China, drove left on the second playoff hole, with her ball settling too close to a tree truck for her to do anything but chip sideways into the fairway. With Kim already pin high 20 feet right of the hole, Feng hit her 9-iron approach to 25 feet — also to the right. Her par putt slid by the right edge, and Kim two-putted for the emotional victory.Feng had a birdie putt to win on No. 18 on the first playoff hole, but left her 15-footer inches short and left. Kim then made a 5-foot par putt to extend the playoff.Kim bogeyed the final hole of regulation — running a 3-footer past the left edge — for a 1-under 71 that left her tied with Feng at 15-under 273.My brain just didnt work right there, Kim said.Feng shot 66.I thought other than Christina, the rest of us were competing for second place, Feng said. I never thought I could catch up. ... I had a really solid run.After bogeying Nos. 14 and 15 to fall into a tie, Kim rebounded with birdies on Nos. 16 and 17 to take a one-stroke lead.I was just thinking that there were still chances for me to make birdie, Kim said. All the last four days I was thinking, What would Lorena do? She would gather herself. She would know that she has the ability to make more birdies and just play her best. And whatever happens, happens.Feng played the four par 5s in 5 under, making an eagle on No. 2 and birdies on Nos. 6, 11 and 17, and chipped in for birdie on the par-4 15th. She won the LPGA Malaysia last month.She shot 6 under. She played lights out, Kim said. It was a very easy round to watch her play. She just made it look so easy while I was bumbling around with the trees.Top-ranked Inbee Park was third at 11 under after a 68. Brittany Lincicome and So Yeon Ryu followed at 9 under. Lincicome had a 69, and Ryu shot 71.Lexi Thompson, the winner last year at Guadalajara Country Club, holed out from 129 yards for a double eagle on No. 2. She finished with a 73, also making two double bogeys, five bogeys and five birdies, to tie for 15th in the 36-player field at 3 under. Phil Jackson Jersey .Sinclair, from Burnaby, B.C., led the Canadian team with three goals at the four-nation competition. She also earned tournament most valuable player honours.The Canadian captain scored on a penalty kick in the 63rd minute and added the winning goal a minute later. John Starks Jersey . As if he had been rehearsing it, Vasquez looked around with a grimacing stare as he clinched two fists and flexed his muscles. What do you think of DeMar DeRozans face after he hits a big shot, he was asked moments earlier.Looking to avenge the result of the 1950 World Cup when it hosted the tournament and lost in the final, Brazil has been handed a difficult route to the promise land in 2014. After being pushed all the way to penalties in the round of 16 by a stout Chilean team, Brazil must now face a Colombia side that has emerged as one of the front-runners to win the competition. Listen to Brazil vs. Colombia LIVE today at 4pm et/1pm pt on TSN Radio 1050 Toronto, TSN 690 Montreal, TSN 1200 Ottawa and TEAM Vancouver 1410. While Brazil has the star power of Neymar, David Luiz and Oscar, Jose Pekerman is hoping that Colombias team-first approach can carry the nation to the semifinals, where it would face either France or Germany. "Sometimes a team with a lot of potential, if they dont find the result and they need to win, they cant play so brilliantly," Pekerman said of Brazil after beating Uruguay in the round of 16. "So the competition becomes interesting because a team with less individual stars can disturb the balance of the other team." Of course, Colombia is not void of stars itself. James Rodriguez has been the toast of the tournament thus far, producing stunning bits of play and coming up with five goals to sit atop the race for the Golden Boot. Brazil, though, has not hit its top gear just yet, and the host nation is looking forward to Fridays continental battle. "Theres no doubt that being continental rivals has a huge impact," Brazil defender Dani Alves told FIFAs official website. Frank Ntilikina Jersey. "Emotionally, theyre very tough games, because unlike European nations, we come up against each other all the time - in the Copa America, in World Cup qualifying. "In technical terms too, its a different style of football, though that side of things is changing. Football has evolved a lot and nearly all the best South American players are in Europe. Thats made the national teams here get even better and stronger. The games are still intense, with that South American flavor, but with more players used to always playing at the very highest level." The Brazilians see themselves as a team of destiny, and while many of the teams supporters are disappointed in the lack of beautiful football on display, Neymar has stressed that advancing beyond each round is whats truly important. "You cant always enjoy yourself and win 4-0 or 5-0," the Barcelona forward said in a press conference. "Football nowadays is so difficult, so even, that the team who is most committed on the pitch ends up winning. I dont want a show. Thats the last thing we are trying to do. We are not necessarily here to produce a spectacle. We are here to run to the end, until we are tired, and come out as winners. "I would be happy to do nothing in this game if Brazil won 1-0. That would be marvelous." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: