get to the point where, physically, there will only be one decision left to make. So I have to just be prepared for that. I just | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 10 '18
RIO DE JANEIRO -- John Speraw ran along the sideline about as close as he could to actually being in the action, cheering Aaron Russell to make a save while crashing into the barrier some 20 feet behind the end line. Camiseta Sergio Busquets .I was willing him to get that ball, the U.S. coach said. Im into it. Its the Olympic Games.Russell didnt quite get there. Moments later, Micah Christenson pulled off a nearly identical play and kept the point going.It has taken that kind of hustle -- not to mention several heart-to-hearts -- for the semifinals-bound U.S. mens volleyball team to put itself in position for an Olympic medal.It gives me goosebumps talking about it and thinking about it because those are the plays that were all making for each other, said Christenson, one of eight U.S. first-time Olympians. Were sacrificing everything we have for each other and we can really see that, its really evident in our play. And I dont think thats ever going to stop. Those are kind of defining moments in our tournament that really help us.The fifth-ranked Americans topped second-ranked Poland 25-23, 25-22 25-20 on Wednesday, building serious momentum at Maracanazinho arena after dropping their initial two matches to Canada and Italy before stunning Brazil and finishing off France.Brazil beat Argentina 25-22, 17-25, 25-19, 25-23 and will play Russia in the semifinals Friday.The U.S. will play Italy, which beat Olympic first-timer Iran in straight sets. That included a 31-29 first set that finally ended on Italy captain Emanuele Birarellis block. The Italians beat the U.S. in four sets during pool play -- and the Americans havent lost since.We started this tournament horribly, not how we wanted to play, U.S. outside hitter Taylor Sander said. We really learned from those two matches. Now, were playing every match like its a gold-medal match.Sitting in his hotel room a week ago, Speraw had his doubts after the 0-2 start. Then, the jitters subsided, the volleyball got far better after those team chats, and everything clicked for his young group.I had a hunch that if this team -- as young as they are and as inexperienced as they are, without tons of adversity -- if we were going to reach our very best, it was going to take some adversity within this tournament, Speraw said. I dont think any of us expected to come into this volleyball match against Poland, as good as they are and as well as they were playing, and come away with a 3-0 win. Its really remarkable. We demonstrated an incredible amount of poise.From David Lees leaping blocks and fist-pumping celebrations to high-flying kills by Sander all afternoon and steady setter Christenson leading the offense, the U.S. now has a true shot at the podium. Four years ago in London, the veterans of this group were on the other end of a quarterfinal sweep at the hands of Italy.Speraw is typically subdued. This time, he let loose on the sideline, yelling and raising his arms in triumph.He wants this as bad as we do, if not more, Christenson said. Hes a very level-headed guy, but he also has the yearning to win so much.Speraw embraced a youth movement for this four-year Olympic cycle. Hes proud of the progress made in a matter of 10 days.Were competing really hard, and thats all I can ask of these guys, Speraw said. Guys are playing with incredible fight and energy. Im beyond ecstatic were in the position to play for a medal in Rio. Camiseta España Mundial 2018 . Scott Kazmir allowed four hits in seven shutout innings, Michael Brantley hit a two-run homer in a three-run first inning and the Indians maintained their hold on an AL wild-card spot with a 4-1 win over the Houston Astros on Saturday night.Camiseta España Mundial Rusia . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http:///...-espana-mundial.html . -- Edmontons Val Sweeting is two wins away from a trip to Winnipeg to play in Canadas Road of the Rings in December.Skier Lindsey Vonn is hoping to race on through the 2019 season with the aim of competing against male rivals in her final season. The American great has the 2018 Winter Olympics in South Korea as her main target as she thinks about retirement, but she still hopes to get the chance to race her male counterparts before calling time on her career.Vonn asked to compete against the men in 2012 at her favourite course - Lake Louise in Canada - but her request was turned down by the International Ski Federation (FIS). The 31-year-old has battled injuries over the last couple of seasons, but she bounced back to form in 2015-16 and clinched her eighth World Cup downhill title before being hurt again.The goal is definitely to make it to the next Olympics in South Korea in 2018, so thats two more seasons, Vonn said.But Im really hoping for three seasons, and Ill tell you why - its because, in my final season, I woould like to race against the men in one race. Camiseta Nacho Fernandez. Vonn won the World Cup downhill title last season Vonn concedes that she will be unable to compete much beyond 2018 because of the damage she has suffered, especially to her knees, in a series of high-speed crashes.But she remains hopeful that it will not be an injury that causes a premature end to her career.Eventually it will get to the point where, physically, there will only be one decision left to make. So I have to just be prepared for that. I just hope it doesnt come too soon. Also See: Sagan targets mountain title Farah: Medals the priority Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: