Buccaneers Mike Evans extends NFL record for most 1000-yard seasons to start a career | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
Fighting for an NFC South title on Sunday, also made NFL history for the . Despite Tampa Bay's offense struggling for much of the year, the veteran wide receiver went off against the rival in Week 17, eclipsing 100 receiving yards in the first half to top 1,000 yards on Jerrel Jernigan Jersey the season. Evans' accomplishment secured a ninth straight 1,000-yard campaign to start his NFL career, which is now the longest ever by three full seasons, extending his own record set in 2020.The four-time Pro Bowler first set the record for most consecutive 1,000-yard seasons to start a career when he logged his seventh straight during a 1,006-yard performance Xavier McKinney Jersey during the Buccaneers' Super Bowl championship season. Hall of Famer Randy Mo s held the record previously, with six straight. Now with nine straight, Evans is tied with another Hall of Famer, longtime star Tim Brown, for the second-longest overall streak of 1,000-yard Darius Slayton Jersey receiving seasons in NFL history. He now trails only legend Jerry Rice, who eclipsed 1,000 yards in 11 straight seasons from 1986-1996. Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), Evan Engram Jersey and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was Phil Simms Jersey an error proce sing your subscription. In terms of combined 1,000-yard seasons, Evans is tied for third among all-time receiving leaders. Rice is atop that leaderboard with 14 total, while Mo s eclipsed 1,000 yards 10 different times. Four others have logged at least nine: Tim Brown, , Terrell Owens and . Evans' career-high mark came in 2018, when he finished with 1,524 yards.
Share: