Former Raiders coach Jon Gruden ashamed of email scandal wants another shot in the NFL | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
ymakerpi8d
ymakerpi8d Mar 13
Jon Gruden is suing Breon Borders Jersey the NFL over the events that led to his as coach last October. But he'd welcome an opportunity to rejoin the league. at Arkansas' Little Rock Touchdown Club on Tuesday, Gruden said he's "ashamed" about what he wrote in derogatory emails that were exposed during an NFL investigation, but that he seeks forgivene s and wants to return to the sidelines."I'm not gonna say anything but honest things here," Gruden said when asked to addre s his resignation. "I'm ashamed about what has come about in these emails, and I'll make no excuses for it. It's shameful. But I am Teair Tart Jersey a good person, I believe that. I go to church. I've been married for 31 years. I got three great boys. I still love football. I made some mistakes, but I don't think anybody else in here hasn't. And I just ask for forgivene s, and hopefully I get another shot."Gruden, of course, is referring to the emails that surfaced in 2021 reports by the and , which suggested the coach Ryan Tannehill Jersey had engaged in a pattern of misogynistic, homophobic and racially insensitive comments from 2010-2018. Those emails were discovered while the NFL was conducting a separate investigation of the , Malik Willis Jersey who had been punished for a "hostile workplace culture" that included alleged sexual hara sment."I get choked up, because there's a lot of misunderstanding out there right now -- what you read, what you hear, what you watch on TV," Gruden said Tuesday, defending his character. His allege that the league "sought to destroy (his) career and reputation" through a "malicious and orchestrated campaign" to leak his emails and increase public pre sure for his dismi sal or resignation. Gruden spent just over three seasons in his most recent stint as Raiders coach, going 22 Taylor Lewan Jersey -31 before his resignation. He previously spent four years with the team from 1998-2001 but is best known for a seven-year run as the ' coach, during which he led three playoff runs and won a Super Bowl.
Share: