an interception or fumble recovery. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 8 '18
TORONTO - Mondays 8-3 win over the Detroit Tigers got the Toronto Blue Jays back to the break-even mark in their seemingly constant flirt with . Omri Casspi Jersey .500. It was an important win coming off a 2-5 road trip through American League East-rival cities Tampa Bay and Boston and because the Tigers are scheduled to pitch the nasty trifecta of Doug Fister, Max Scherzer and Justin Verlander over the next three nights. Not to mention the injury bug. With R.A. Dickey pitching at full health and showing it on the mound (seven innings, two earned runs on Monday) and Jose Reyes back in the lineup, the ranks of the infirmary seemed to be thinning. However, Edwin Encarnacion – more on him in a moment – and Adam Lind are nursing nagging injuries which kept them out of Mondays game. Linds back, which was a problem for him during three down seasons between 2010-2012, is once again an issue. This time, the issue is mid-back. He says his lower back, the scene of the previous trouble, is fine. "Hopefully its just a couple of days," said Lind. "I came out of the game (Sunday) so it would only be a couple of days instead of trying to play through it and turn it into a month." Lind, who took up yoga in the offseason to better keep his muscles loose and improve flexibility, has been unable to continue with classes in-season due to the demands of the playing schedule. He has maintained an exercise routine but admits there have been moments this year when his back has wrenched. Its just that Sunday felt different and, like he gives partial credit to maturity and a better understanding of himself for his offensive turnaround, Lind is taking the conservative approach to dealing with this latest setback. "I could have came out the last few years but I decided to try and stick it out and play a few extra innings which resulted in a month on the DL," said Lind. "I didnt want to put myself through that again. It just wasnt the smart thing to do." Lind is hitting .327/.386/.547 with 11 home runs and 33 RBI. He admits the last 24 hours have been emotionally taxing, worrying about an injury recurrence interrupting his bounce back season. "I feel better (today)", said Lind. "I can take deep breaths. Im in a better mental situation than I was yesterday. I was pretty rattled and shook up ... I was pretty distraught, especially for a couple of innings and then it took a doctor like four innings to get to the clubhouse. It was just like, come on. I was pretty shook up." Meantime, Mark DeRosa, also ailing, was pressed into action Monday afternoon when Encarnacion was a late scratch with tightness in his left hamstring. Encarnacion, 30, is having an all-star-calibre season. His slash line is .270/.350/.537 and his 23 home runs and 66 RBI lead the club. Encarnacions also been dealing with nagging pain in his wrist. DeRosas three-run home run in the fourth off Tigers reliever Luke Putkonen gave the Jays an 8-2 lead and put the game out of reach. DeRosa played with pain in his neck, which hes dealt with sporadically since 2008. He believes its the result of a bulging disk. The absence of Lind and Encarnacion, who remain on the active roster, left manager John Gibbons with only Emilio Bonifacio on his bench. Gibbons says he doesnt anticipate the Blue Jays having to make a roster move to deepen the reserve. Mitch Richmond Jersey . 5 Trade Deadline is drawing closer and teams will be deciding on whether to buy or sell while figuring out which players can make the biggest difference and hold the greatest value. Klay Thompson Jersey . With newly minted president of hockey operations Trevor Linden looking on from above one day after being handed the keys to the franchise, it was more of the same on Thursday night.RENTON, Wash. - Pete Carroll talks about it constantly, almost to the point of exasperation, about how protecting the ball is the most important thing in the Seattle Seahawks program.Not having the fiercest defence in the NFL or a dynamic offence based around a strong running game. But simply holding on to the football.Ive been trying to emphasize this better than anybody in the world for as long as Ive been a head coach, Carroll said.Clearly his team is listening.The Seahawks set a franchise record this season for the fewest turnovers, giving the ball away just 14 times during the regular season. That was three fewer than the previous best mark for the Seahawks when they committed only 17 turnovers during the 2005 season and Seattle made its first Super Bowl appearance.It continued a trend of Seattle being better at protecting the ball with Carroll in charge. Seattle committed 31 turnovers in Carrolls first season in 2010. The Seahawks had 23 in 2011, 19 in 2012 and 18 last season on their way to the franchises first Super Bowl title.This season the Seahawks finished third in the league in fewest turnovers. And not surprisingly, the two teams ahead of Seattle — New England and Green Bay each had 13 turnovers — are also still playing on championship weekend.Its a conscious effort for those guys, Seattle offensive co-ordinator Darrell Bevell said. Its something that we talk about all the time. Its something that we show them all the time. There are things that happen on the field that we preach about all the time. Its in the front of their mind quite ooften as ball carriers. Stephen Curry Jersey. Seattles proficiency in holding on to the ball is a mix of emphasis, conscious decision-making and a good deal of luck. Quarterback Russell Wilson has made better decisions with his passing, watching his interception numbers drop to just seven. Surprisingly, six of his seven interceptions were thrown at home.Ive always prided myself in that. You dont want to give them the ball and just making key decisions, anticipating things, too. Understanding what the defence is and what theyre trying to do and also if its not there, throw it away, Wilson said. I throw the ball away a good amount if its not there. Thats just trust in my guys and trust in the system.There is also the aspect of luck. Seattle fumbled the ball 23 times in the regular season, yet lost only seven. Three of the fumbles were credited to punter Jon Ryan, safety Earl Thomas and centre Stephen Schilling.Wilson put the ball on the ground 11 times in the regular season and didnt lose one.The reduction in turnovers was critical in a season where the Seahawks defence didnt force as many turnovers. Seattle opponents committed only 24 turnovers this season, compared to 39 last year. Four times in the regular season, Seattle failed to force a turnover, a stark change from 2013 when the Seahawks only went one time without an interception or fumble recovery.This was just the second time in Carrolls five seasons that the Seahawks failed to force at least 30 turnovers in the regular season.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: