Its absolutely not a capitulation, she said Those people in Australia | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 4 '18
BRASILIA, Brazil -- Shes just 18 and the youngest soccer player at the Olympics for the U. Cheap Rays Jerseys .S., but Mallory Pugh displays the confidence of a seasoned veteran.The Colorado teenager holds the distinction of being the youngest American ever to score an Olympic goal. She got it on Tuesday night in Manaus, when the three-time defending champion United States won its group with a 2-all draw against Colombia.A couple of days later, the magnitude of the feat had sunk in -- at least as much as possible for someone who considers goals just part of the job.I got on the bus after the game and its kind of felt like any other goal, she said Thursday. But that night I was getting settled in and I was like, this is actually pretty cool. I scored a goal in the Olympics.Pugh was in Brasilia preparing with the United States for a quarterfinal match against Sweden on Friday.The recent graduate from Mountain Vista High School in Colorado made her debut at the senior level in the teams opening match this year, scoring her first goal in a 5-0 win over Ireland. Shes appeared in 16 matches overall with four goals.Her latest put the United States up 2-1 against Colombia. She blasted a shot through several defenders in the 59th minute.I was asking her when we were in ice bath: `Did that shot go through a bunch of peoples legs? And she told me, `I dont really know. I just hit it as hard as I could. Thats just kind of how she is. She does amazing things and its kind of like, `Well, I do these things all the time. So I guess its just every day, U.S. defender Becky Sauerbrunn said.Pugh said she remembers thinking: Its go time.The lead didnt stand, however, as Catalina Usme scored her second goal of the match on a free kick in the final moments to tie it.Pugh first came to the attention of U.S. coach Jill Ellis when she was 14. She has played on the under-17 and under-20 national teams, and turned heads when she captained the team that won the CONCACAF Womens U-20 Championship last year, earning the Golden Boot award for most goals with seven.She is the youngest of a youth movement for the senior U.S. national team. The average age of the team is 27.8, down from the 29.5-year average of the team that won the World Cup in Canada last summer.Several veterans, including Abby Wambach and Lauren Holiday, have since retired from the team that beat Japan 5-2 for the World Cup title. Sydney Leroux and Amy Rodriguez didnt vie for Olympic roster spots because of pregnancies.Pugh, however, is not the youngest-ever Olympian on the team. That distinction went to Cindy Parlow, who was about a month younger than Pugh is now when she played in the 1996 Atlanta Games.Following the Olympics, Pugh will compete for the U-20 national team (shes the captain) at the World Cup for that level of play in Papua New Guinea in November. She jokes that she still hasnt figured out how to pack for big tournaments in far-flung locales.When things settle down, she said she plans to enroll at UCLA in January. She didnt enroll for the fall because she didnt want to use a redshirt year.At least for now, shes all about soaking up the Olympic experience. Pugh would like nothing more than to help the U.S. win a fourth straight gold.I think for now were just all looking forward to just playing in these big-time games in the Olympics and just trying to push toward our main goal, she said. Rays Jerseys Outlet . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. Discount Rays Jerseys . In the response filed Wednesday to the complaint by 30-year-old Alexander Bradley, attorneys say the former University of Florida player is invoking his Fifth Amendment right that protects people from incriminating themselves. http://www.cheapraysjerseyschina.com/ . Nathan MacKinnon, Jamie McGinn and Jan Hejda also scored for the Avalanche, who won despite being outshot 38-23. MacKinnons goal, also on the power play, came with just over a minute remaining. Australian swimmer Emma McKeon will be allowed to march in the Olympic closing ceremony after winning an appeal to overturn a team-imposed ban.McKeon fell foul of team officials after a night out in Rio when she failed to return to the athletes village, opting to spend the night with friends, and failed to advise of her whereabouts.Chef de mission Kitty Chiller says she met with McKeon who now understands what she has done wrong.She says McKeon, who won four medals in Rio, wrote her a two-page letter pleading her case.The tone and content of her letter and my conversation with her proved to me that she now very much understands the seriousness of our safety protocols, Chiller said.She apologised for breaching those protocols.As well as marching on Sunday (Monday AEST), McKeon will be allowed to attend an official swim team dinner on Saturday but, other than for thhose events, remains subject to an 8pm to 8am curfew. Womens Rays Jerseys. hiller said she had not heard from breaststroker Josh Palmer who was also sanctioned for breaching team rules.Palmer was robbed of $1000 and was found disorientated at Copacabana Beach after opting not to return to the Olympic Village during the same night out.He was helped by two businessmen who contacted consular officials.Chiller has rejected suggestions her about face on McKeon was a backdown. Its absolutely not a capitulation, she said Those people in Australia who have criticised this sanction are in Australia, they are not in Rio.Rio is a very different city to Melbourne, Sydney or Brisbane.It is a dangerous city and that night could have ended in tragedy for Emma. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From ChinaCheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys' ' '
Share: