plan that they want to follow t | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Jan 3 '18
DALLAS -- Texas athletic director Mike Perrin joined president Greg Fenves in expressing his support for coach Charlie Strong on Friday and insisted there is no magic number of wins Strong needs to reach this year in order for his third season at Texas to be considered a success. Discount Eagles Jerseys .I support Charlie Strong. Hes my coach. Hes a friend. I respect him as a man, Perrin said in a meeting with reporters in Dallas, the day before the Longhorns play rival Oklahoma.?I really cant speculate or answer hypothetical questions here of what might be put before us later in the year. I just cant.When asked specifically whether he would ever make a coaching change during the season, Perrin replied: Thats something Ive never considered.Perrin, Texas athletic director since September 2015, said hes been getting more calls and emails from fans who are greatly in support of Strong than those who arent in favor of him. The former Texas letterman said hes excited about the direction of Texas offense but conceded that the teams struggle in the kicking game in a 49-31 loss to Oklahoma State bothers me, and he called the issues Texas defense is facing troublesome.The Longhorns have given up at least 47 points in three of their first four games. Strong took over the defense from defensive coordinator Vance Bedford this week.When asked what he would consider a successful season for the 2-2 Longhorns, Perrin offered no specific goal. I dont have a magic number of wins, yardage, honors, he said. I want to see an improved program from top to bottom.He was asked specifically whether eight wins is enough and joked: Eight wins would be, from a math majors standpoint, three more than last year.Fenves, Texas president, posted a message on his Twitter account on Wednesday extending his support for Strong and his players as they prepare for OU and rest of the season.Perrin shared Fenves optimism going into Texas Red River Showdown with the No. 20-ranked Sooners.I feel real good about the people weve recruited the last two years and the coaches who have succeeded at every level, Perrin said. I remain very excited about the football team, I really do. Its Oct. 7. Well be playing for two more months, so weve got a lot of football ahead of us. I havent given up on the football team or any aspect of it. I believe in our players, and I believe in our coaches. Eagles Jerseys From China . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Youth Eagles Jerseys . Reassurance came from Paul Tesori, his caddie and close friend whose newborn son is in intensive care in a Florida hospital. "Paul sent me a text this morning, just told me he loved me and wanted to go out and fight as hard as I would any other day," Simpson said Sunday after doing just that. http://www.cheapeaglesjerseyschina.com/ . Mats Zuccarello and Derek Stepan scored shootout goals, and backup goalie Cam Talbot earned his second win in two nights as the Rangers shook off a late tying tally and beat the Maple Leafs 2-1 Monday night. A washed out first day in Christchurch is unlikely to prompt wholesale changes in strategy, because there is still plenty of time left in the game, New Zealand batting coach Craig McMillan said. Not even the toss was possible on Thursday, which means neither team has yet named their XI.Play is now set to begin half an hour early, for the following four days, as long as weather permits. A minimum of 98 overs is scheduled for each of these days, when usually, only 90 are expected to be bowled.Theres not a lot of overs lost even though we lost the whole day today, McMillan said. We havent named our XI, and there are probably discussions on that tonight, but I dont think too much has changed.Though a day of rain may make an already green Hagley Oval surface even more conducive to seam movement, McMillan hoped the recent proliferation of greentops in New Zealand will have equipped his batsmen with the means to cope.I think its fair to say looking at that surface that the toss will be important, he said. I think with the pitch being under cover today with the rain about, that first session tomorrow (Friday) is certainly going to be challenging. Hopefully, though, theres enough movement for a couple of days, so that the team that wins the toss doesnt have so big an advantage. I think theres going to be enoughh for both teams in the first innings. Cheap Eagles Jerseys. These are conditions that weve been in quite a lot over the last few years. Weve batted first on a number of pitches that looked very similar to the one out there, and weve done it well. Its nothing new to us but we still know that we have to get things right against a very good Pakistan attack.McMillan had been charged with helping New Zealands batsmen - who were battered in India - regain some confidence ahead of the long home season. He said the top order had prepared specifically for the Pakistan attack, with special attention given to combating the left-arm angle that Mohammad Amir, and perhaps Rahat Ali, will provide.I want to see the batsmen commit to their own personal game plan, McMillan said. Weve done some good work over the last two days in the nets. Both sets of fast bowlers are licking their lips and are pretty excited I think by whats on offer. I think they have to commit to the style and game plan that they want to follow through with and they have to make good decisions. They have to be nice and precise the way they go about it. If they do that, theres a reasonable chance they can come out with some success. Cheap NFL JerseysCheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: