n game. Evidence? We n game. Evidence? We | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 10 '19
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. Dom Nunez Jersey . -- Acknowledging that its been a combination of tough to watch but great to see [the Patriots] win, quarterback Tom Brady said viewing the teams opening two victories on television has sparked an appreciation for the clubs approach.I was hoping to gain a little different perspective, and I think I have, Brady said during his weekly Westwood One radio interview prior to Monday Night Football.Its amazing the way our team responds to adversity and the way our coaches prepare us for all these different situations that we face. Im just proud of the guys for how hard theyre working. You can see it on TV, and obviously its really paying off. Its great to be a fan of the Patriots and its really great to be a player on the Patriots. I definitely have gained that perspective, and hopefully we get to 3-0 on Thursday night.The Patriots host the Houston Texans on Thursday, which is a quick turnaround with quarterback Jimmy Garoppolos status is in question after he suffered a sprained AC joint in his right, throwing shoulder Sunday. Garoppolo left in the second quarter after throwing three touchdown passes in a 31-24 victory over the Miami Dolphins.Its tough ... I feel for him, Brady said on the program. He made a great play to escape the pocket and made a great throw on the run on a third-down play. The linebacker [Kiko Alonso] hit him and landed on top of him. You see that quite a bit in the NFL. Its a tough injury, especially your throwing shoulder ... I know hell be back out there as soon as he can. ... Who knows? Jimmy may be out there [Thursday]. Well see how it plays out.Brady had been impressed with what he saw from Garoppolo up to that point.Its been a great start. Hes a very hard worker, and Im just proud of the way that hes led the team, Brady said. To be 2-0 at this point when two of the other [division] teams are 0-2, its really great for our team. Hes done a really great job.If Garoppolo doesnt play Thursday, rookie Jacoby Brissett would take over. The third-round pick from NC State (91st overall) has caught Bradys eye quickly.Jacoby has done a great job taking advantage of his opportunity as well, Brady told host Jim Gray. He went in there [Sunday] and showed a lot of poise. He has a great demeanor about him. I love working with him. He shows up to work every day working hard. Hes very competitive, and I know our coaching staff will have him prepared and ready to go for Thursday night if hes called upon.Meanwhile, its possible that receiver Julian Edelman could be the teams emergency quarterback, which led Brady to joke about his best pal.He still talks about that touchdown pass he threw against Baltimore [in the playoffs] a few years ago. Hes kind of batting 1.000 right now, Brady cracked.Edelman played quarterback at Kent State before switching to receiver after the Patriots selected him in the seventh round of the 2009 draft. By his fifth NFL season, he had emerged as one of Bradys go-to targets.If he was ever thrust into the top spot at quarterback, Brady, turning serious, expressed confidence.Coach Belichick always has the team prepared for any situation. He thinks these things through, and obviously the game just happened [Sunday], so a lot of things could happen between now and Thursday night, but Julian has kind of been in that role, he said.Hes played the position and, God forbid anything happened to Jacoby, if hes the only guy out there at quarterback, if thats the case, then Id expect Julian to go in there and the coaches to be comfortable with the plays that theyre calling for him.As for Brady himself, he confirmed that he worked out with former teammate Wes Welker on Sunday morning, saying, It was fun to be out there on the field with him. We got out there and broke a pretty good sweat.In addition, Brady said hes been trying to replicate what hed normally do during the course of the week and feels hes in a decent place. He added that he looks forward to the next couple weeks going fast.While serving a four-game suspension as part of the NFLs Deflategate penalties has kept him away from the Patriots, it did bring Brady back to his alma mater on Saturday as he was honored at Michigan. Brady played catch with coach Jim Harbaugh on the field before the Wolverines victory over Colorado.They were so warm and embracing; I have a lot of love for the people there, he said. Coach Harbaugh has done such a great job with the university and the team, and bringing so much excitement back. ... It was a really cool experience being back in the Big House. Ive never had a chance to go back in the fall, so to have an opportunity to do it was really special. I had my son there with me, so it was such a memorable day and such a memorable experience for me and Jack. Quinton McCracken Jersey . Manuel was offered a position the day he was fired. He accepted earlier this week and the team made the announcement Friday. Rockies Jerseys China . - Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie never doubted he would bring back coach Dennis Allen for a third year despite back-to-back 4-12 records. https:///...-jersey-rockies.html . Pert has formerly spent time as an assistant coach with Cardiff City, Coventry City, and Bahrain mens national team. "Martyn is a highly-respected coach with experience at the top levels in England," said Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson. CHARLESTON, S.C. -- Wake Forest coach Danny Manning is ready to face No. 3 Villanova, even if hes fairly certain his Demon Deacons wont have a similar offensive outburst as they did to run past UTEP.John Collins scored a career-high 24 points and Bryant Crawford had 20 in Wake Forests 103-81 victory, the first time in eight years it surpassed the century mark in a game.Shots fell early and often as the Demon Deacons, 3-0 for the first time since 2013-14, took a double-digit lead early and were rarely pressed by UTEP (1-1). Next up, though, are the national champion Wildcats with a spot in the Charleston finals on the line.Were excited, Manning said. Its the chance to play, rightfully so, one of the teams that higher ranked in the country.And one that will do its best to ensure Wake Forest doesnt shoot almost 60 percent from the field as it did against UTEP (35 of 59, 59.3 percent).Its going to be a challenge, but its something we welcome, Manning said. Well see where were at.Wake Forest put things away with a torrid first half where it went 13 of 20 from behind the arc. Dinos Mitgolou had four 3-pointers while Austin Arians, Mitchell Wilbekin, Crawford and Keyshawn Woods each had two the first 20 minutes.I dont think we were close (defensively) on any of those shots, said UTEPs frustrated coach, Tim Floyd.UTEP (1-1) plays Western Michigan, which fell to Villanova in the eight-team tournaments first game, on Friday in the consolation round.The Demon Deacons led 63-44 lead at the break, the first time they had reached 60 points or more in half since the 2008-09 season when it accomplished that against UNC Wilmington. That was also the last game they finished with 100 points or more, defeating the Seahawks 120-88.Wake Forest couldnt quite gget that many, but did more than enough to move past UTEP. Ryan Castellani Jersey. Collins, at 6-foot-10, made nine of 10 shots -- all in the second half -- including several jams to break his previous high of 19 set last November against Bucknell.Mitgolou finished with 18 points and Keyshawn Woods 16 for Wake Forest. Dominic Artis led UTEP with 24 points.BIG PICTUREWake Forest wants to run and did so at will against the Miners. Things will get considerably tougher against Villanova, the national champions known for its in-your-face defense.UTEP had few answers to slow down the Deacons. Artis did his share, hitting three 3-pointers. The team, though was 5 of 14 from behind the arc with many of the misses triggering the Wake Forest transition game.CHANGING GEARSManning like his teams outside touch early on. But at halftime, he stressed to his players about looking for the Deacons big men, Collins and Mitgolou down low and give them touches. The result was Collins big performance, something the team will look to duplicate against Villanova. Its going to tell us where we are and what we need to do, Crawford said.LACKING DEFENSEUTEP coach Tim Floyd had nothing good to say about his teams defense. He said his team did not rebound well or slow Wake Forests transition game. Evidence? We shot 60 percent (18 of 30) in the first half were down 19, Floyd said.UP NEXTWake Forest will face No. 3 Villanova on Friday with the winner advancing to Sunday nights championship game.UTEP will take on Western Michigan on Friday in the consolation round.---More AP college basketball: www.collegebasketball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' ' 
Share: