mbles happen. If you play this game long enough, the balls going to get turned over. Guys make mistakes, its OK. And this isnt the first time | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 9 '19
Jurgen Klopp said Mamadou Sakhos absence was not to blame for Liverpool giving up a two-goal lead to draw 2-2 with Newcastle on Saturday. Dave Parker Jersey . Sakho was not involved in the squad after the pre-match announcement that he is being investigated by UEFA for a potential anti-doping violation.Instead it was Kolo Toure and Dejan Lovren who played at centre-half as Liverpool saw their winning streak come to an end after being 2-0 up at half-time. Sakho probed over dope test Liverpool defender Mamadou Sakho investigated for alleged anti-doping violation Asked by Sky Sports whether Sakhos absence played a part in the result, Liverpool boss Klopp said: Thats not a reason. We have changed a lot in the last few games.Playing like we did in the first half is not easy so we did really well, but at half-time they had nothing to lose and we conceded twice, but we could have scored again.It was an intense game and we did well against a team who are fighting for their lives in the Premier League. Mamadou Sakho (C) was in attendance at Anfield Liverpool looked to be heading for a fifth straight victory after first-half goals from Daniel Sturridge and Adam Lallana.But Newcastle battled back to grab a point and leave Klopp to acknowledge it was not his sides best day. Matt Le Tissier gives his thoughts on Newcastles comeback to earn a point against Liverpool From 2-0 up it doesnt feel like you have won a point it feels like you have lost two, he said. I didnt feel we would concede a second so I was confident and thought we could score a third.At 2-2 you are not in your flow and it becomes harder work. But we have to take what we get and carry on. Also See: Sakho probed for doping violation Liverpool 2-2 Newcastle As it happened Get a £10 free bet! Bill Mazeroski Jersey . LOUIS -- Heading into the final stretch of the season, the issues for the Chicago Bears banged-up defence only seem to be getting worse. Ralph Kiner Jersey .500 on the season. The Jets are now 0-5-1 in the second game of back-to-backs. The game started the same way the Vancouver game started the night before, with the Jets taking the first two penalties of the game and killing off the first, but the Oilers getting on the board first, scoring on the second man-advantage. https:///...-jersey-pirates.html . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans.  The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. CINCINNATI -- Paul Guenther took down the photos from above his desk and pointed out Jay Gruden standing in their group with various racehorses.The two of them hit it off during their time together in Cincinnati, spending a lot of time together at the track and other places. They and their families remain close.We talk every other day, every third day, said Guenther, the Bengals defensive coordinator. Were up there in our sports pictures together, all of them.No friendly chats this week, though. Guenther and Gruden have to scheme against each other -- trying to take advantage of their familiarity -- as the Bengals (3-4) get ready to host Grudens Redskins (4-3) in London on Sunday.Its the second week in a row that the Bengals are facing a former offensive coordinator. Hue Jackson pulled a few tricks with his depleted Cleveland Browns last Sunday, keeping the game close until he lost yet another quarterback. The Bengals pulled away 31-17.Gruden preceded Jackson as the Bengals offensive coordinator and installed the system they still use. He and Guenther spent a lot of time picking each others brains about how they can make things more difficult for opposing teams. And yeah, there was some friendly competition and they drew their competing Xs and Os on paper.Theres plenty of trash-talking over a couple of sodas, thats for sure, said Gruden, in his third season as the Redskins head coach. When we were together, we actually helped each other out a lot. We talked about (pass) protections and blitzes and all that stuff. I told him our answer, and he helped me with their answer.Whoever had the pen last, I promise you, was the victor.Now they get to draw it up for real.Both teams bring prolific passing offenses into their match at Wembley Stadium, the first time either franchise has played a regular-season game in London. It well could come down to who has the better answers on defense.I think theyll be a little more extravagant with what they do against us most likely, Gruden said, trying to think along with Guenther. Its going to be a great challenge.Some things to watch on Sunday:A.J.s JUGGLING: Bengals receiver A.J. Green made a one-handed catch in the end zone for a 48-yard touchdown against Cleveland. He had another one-handed, 48-yard catch later in the game. He takes his juggling skills, which he honed in grade school, to another country, inttending to entertain with a game as good as the previous one. Omar Moreno Jersey. .Yeah, it was a little bit of everything, said Green, who leads the NFL with 50 catches.DALTONS SURGE: Gruden developed Andy Dalton starting with his rookie season in 2011. Dalton had his best year in 2015 before breaking his passing thumb, and hes following with another impressive season. He hasnt thrown an interception in the past three games. Hes posted a passer rating above 100 for each of the past four games.BENGALS RUN DEFENSE: Browns rookie quarterback Kevin Hogan ran for 104 yards against Cincinnati last Sunday, and Cleveland piled up 180 yards rushing overall. Cincinnati has allowed more than 150 yards rushing three times this season -- Dallas also ran for 180 -- and ranks 24th in run defense, presenting an inviting target for Grudens ground game.They run a little bit of that (quarterback) read option, and Im pretty sure were going to see some read option after how we defended it last week, defensive tackle Domata Peko said.COUSINS GETS HIS ZZZZs: To adjust his body clock to London time, Washington quarterback Kirk Cousins went to bed as early as 7:15 p.m. during the week and woke up at about 5:15 a.m. His offseason visits to England sparked the idea.I had a hard time adjusting, Cousins said. I was only there for about three days, and it was tough. I was sleeping in until noon or 1 oclock just because of how tired I was, so I want to make sure that doesnt happen.FUMBLITIS: Running back Matt Jones lost a fumble near the goal line in the Redskins 20-17 loss at Detroit, raising questions about whether undrafted rookie Robert Kelley might see a bigger role. If Jones cant play because of a knee injury, Kelley is Washingtons featured back and Chris Thompson remains in his third-down role.Im not worried about it, Cousins said, calling Jones tough-minded. Fumbles happen. If you play this game long enough, the balls going to get turned over. Guys make mistakes, its OK. And this isnt the first time he or anybody on this team has faced adversity, so we all just keep working and hell be no different.---AP Sports Writer Stephen Whyno in Ashburn, Virginia, contributed to this report.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' ' 
Share: