first base -- D | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 6 '19
Lewis Hamilton has questioned why the British Grand Prix started under the Safety Car, while his fellow drivers have criticised how long it stayed out. NCAA Jerseys .As with the Monaco Grand Prix, rain before the race meant race control felt it was too risky to start the race as normal. The pack was led away under the Safety Car, which then stayed out for six laps.Though Hamilton himself complained about aquaplaning in the early laps, he was heard saying Come on Charlie, lets go, before it came in, a message aimed at FIA race director Charlie Whiting.?I personally think we could have started from the grid, Hamilton said. For sure there were patches all over the place and it would have been tricky but thats what Formula One is all about. But then we did stay for sure far too long. It was pretty much intermediates by the time they let us go.It would have been fun. I think it was just as wet and there was more water on the track in 2008 [Hamilton won his first British GP that year] when we started from the grid so thats why I said that.Hamiltons comfortable race victory could have been very different, with the reigning world champion nearly running into the back of the slow-moving Safety Car at Copse.?I had glazed my rear brakes and they were low on temperatures. I was trying to pick up them, but the safety car was so slow, you cannot imagine. Our car is so fast, and you cannot see that well behind the safety car, I braked and the thing wasnt stopping, so I nearly hit the safety car. It is a first, fortunately I didnt.Not everyone agreed with Hamiltons opinion. Jenson Button thought the track was too wet for a normal start, though he said the Safety Car stayed out for much longer than was needed.It was definitely a safety car start, it was super wet, loads of standing water, Button said. But we waited a long time. The safety car should have come in two laps earlier.The problem is then everyone pits at the same time so you cant do anything different [strategically].Toro Rossos Carlos Sainz says the spray in the early laps was difficult for those running down the order.They played very safe, he said. The start needed to be behind the safety car because you could see absolutely nothing in the middle of the field. But two laps to see how the track is, see where the puddles are, then go for it.Ferraris Sebastian Vettel said the decision showed people do not have enough faith in Pirellis extreme wet tyre.?It depends where you are to be honest. I was looking forward to a start because it gives you a chance to move ahead. Obviously if you are in the lead then its a safe bet that you will stay in the lead when you start behind the Safety Car. Initially I think it was the right call initially to start behind the Safety Car because there was quite a lot of standing water in the first half of the track, whereas the other half was quite dry.I think to criticise its not really the call whether to start behind the Safety Car or not, I think to criticise is the fact that nobody has any trust in the extreme wets. So youd rather take a lot of risk going on to the intermediates where there was a lot of aquaplaning in the beginning, simply because its the quicker tyre. So I think weve mentioned a couple of times that the extreme wets are basically good enough to follow the Safety Car and then you want to fit the intermediates. So nothing has changed in that regard.The early Safety Car, and a Virtual Safety Car triggered by Pascal Wehrlein spinning off, neutralised much of the strategy around the grid. After switching from wets to intermediates around lap five, the drivers then took on slick tyres between laps 14 and 16, with the majority going to the end on that set of tyres. NCAA Basketball Jerseys .1 million pounds ($61.2 million) on Saturday, giving the beleaguered English Premier League champions a major lift. College Football Jerseys . Bryzgalov stopped 25 shots on Saturday in the Oklahoma City Barons 4-1 victory over the Abbotsford Heat. The Oilers signed Bryzgalov to a one-year $2 million contract last Friday after shedding payroll by dealing defenceman Ladislav Smid to the Flames. https://www.cheapncaajerseysjustwholesale.com/ . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. MIAMI -- The Miami Marlins may have a closer controversy brewing ... or maybe it is just a good problem to have.The Marlins, fresh off a road sweep of the Pittsburgh Pirates, open a three-game series against the 2015 World Series champions, the Kansas City Royals, on Tuesday.Kansas City (64-60) is even hotter than Miami, having won eight consecutive games -- the majors longest active streak. Miami (65-59) has won three in a row. Still, neither team would be in the playoffs as the race currently stands.The Marlins have been coping with a power void caused by injuries to right fielder Giancarlo Stanton and first baseman Justin Bour, who have combined to hit 40 homers in 171 games this season.It is dubious whether either slugger will return this year.In the meantime, both of Miamis left-handed starting pitchers -- Adam Conley and Wei-Yin Chen -- are on the disabled list.The bullpen issue surfaced Sunday, when All-Star closer A.J. Ramos returned from the disabled list -- but not in his former role.Fernando Rodney, who also made the All-Star Game this year on the strength of his work with the San Diego Padres, closed all three games in the Pirates series.Ramos pitched the eighth inning Sunday, which left Marlins manager Don Mattingly to do some explaining.A.J. and I have talked, Mattingly said. Were going to do what is best for the team.The Marlins, trying to chase down the St. Louis Cardinals for the second and final NL wild-card berth, are just hoping that either Rodney or Ramos is in position to save Tuesdays game.Miami will send right-hander Andrew Cashner (4-9, 4.92 ERA) to the mound for the series opener. Since being acquired from the Paadres on July 31 in a package that included Miamis top hitting prospect, Josh Naylor, being sent to San Diego, Cashner has gone 0-2 with a 5. College Jerseys. 8 ERA in four starts.His numbers are even worse in his past three starts: a 7.04 ERA. Cashner also has nine walks and just six strikeouts in his past two starts.To get his first win with the Marlins, Cashner will have to cool off a red-hot Kansas City team and defeat right-hander Yordano Ventura (8-9, 4.46 ERA). The Royals have won each of Venturas past four starts, and he has a 2.52 ERA during that span.Royals left-hander Danny Duffy expects another quality outing from Ventura.Our rotation has been unbelievable, Duffy said Sunday. Our bullpen is back, doing what were known to do. The teams been doing great. We just have to keep that up.Indeed, Kansas City has won five straight series and 13 out of 15 games. And after the series at Marlins Park, 20 of the Royals final 35 games are at home.Other story lines to watch:--Marlins executive Michael Hill said Chen (left elbow) may not be back until late September. Hill said Conley (left hand) could be back sooner.--The Marlins are rotating three players at first base -- Derek Dietrich, Xavier Scruggs and Chris Johnson. The team is also reportedly looking to make a trade to acquire outfielder Jeff Francoeur from the Atlanta Braves. Francoeur would be used as a backup and a pinch hitter.--This will be the first series between Miami and Kansas City since the Marlins took two out of three from the Royals three years ago. ' ' ' 
Share: