Theres only been a couple of times, a couple of times in this whole | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Jan 1 '18
ST. Under Armour Clearance Sale . SIMONS ISLAND, Ga. -- Nothing about Jim Furyks game would suggest with certainty he has played his last Ryder Cup.Aesthetics aside, he has one of the most repeatable and reliable swings. In an era of the long ball, he has won 21 times in 23 years around the world. He played in every Ryder Cup from 1997 until this year, when wrist surgery kept him from starting his season until May. He still managed a runner-up finish at the U.S. Open, became the first player in PGA Tour history to shoot 58 and was under serious consideration as a captains pick until the final two weeks.The only thing that could change his Ryder Cup outlook would be a request -- not a campaign -- to be the captain.I would accept the job, he said.That doesnt mean he is lobbying to be the next U.S. captain. Furyk simply gave an honest answer to a hypothetical question.He contemplates being Ryder Cup captain the way he considers his chances for the World Golf Hall of Fame. He doesnt think about it at all unless someone brings it up. In this case, three reporters stopped him in the lobby of the Sea Island Lodge after he opened with 64-69 in the final PGA Tour event of the year.The six-member Ryder Cup committee has its first meeting in two weeks to start laying the groundwork for picking the next captain. Among the candidates who are bound to come up are the 46-year-old Furyk and Steve Stricker, the current Presidents Cup captain who turns 50 in February.Davis Love III, the winning captain at Hazeltine, is on the committee with Tiger Woods, Phil Mickelson and three PGA of America officials.Again, its all hypothetical, Furyk said. I havent had a conversation with Tiger, Phil, Davis. I havent had any conversation with the PGA of America, so I dont want to put the cart before the horse. That committee is in place for a reason. If they decide `18, `20, `22, whenever it is, if they decide that Im the right person, I would love to have that job. I think everyone would. Anyone in that position would want that tap on the shoulder and that confidence that Davis was given.The more he spoke, the more clear it became how much the players now have a stake in every aspect of the Ryder Cup. Furyk was part of the task force that first met two years ago and ultimately asked Love to be captain for the second time.Furyk considers it one of the highest honors -- not just being the captain, but the manner in which a captain is chosen.Unless Im wrong, I dont think you publicly pine for the job or promote yourself or say, `I really want the job, he said.He recalls the task force throwing out the best qualities of a captain, the nature of the job and the best candidates. Before long, they all settled on Love.I think thats the highest compliment you can be paid, Furyk said. He didnt ask for the job. That committee went to him and said, `Hey, we want you to take the job. Would you like it?... Those six folks will try to figure out who the next guy is. Theyre going to try to figure out who the absolute best person is for the job.Love said only that the next U.S. captain would be somebody with experience. The trouble now is that some candidates are still playing good golf. Furyk, for example, is No. 34 in the world even though he missed six months of the previous season. Mickelson is determined to extend his record by qualifying for his 12th straight team.Are such players forced to choose between being a captain and wanting to play?Thats the big thing well talk about in early December, Love said. Who are the candidates and how do they feel about it?Furyk realizes making another team will be tougher than ever. He plans to reduce his schedule to about 18 events a year, which puts him at a disadvantage with players half his age who play a lot more. And while he was 15th in Ryder Cup points with a limited schedule, nearly half those points came from one tournament (U.S. Open).Before leaving Medinah in 2012, Furyk said he looked over the top of the bridge on the first tee at a sea of fans dressed in red and wondered if that was his last Ryder Cup. He made the 2014 team, and when it was over, he stood on the 18th green by himself at Gleneagles and wondered the same thing.Maybe I played my last one, he said. I dont know.If the Ryder Cup committee decides Furyk is the best choice for captain, there wont be any doubt. Cheap Under Armour Shoes . - Baltimore Ravens quarterback Joe Flacco is not a fan of his teams use of the wildcat formation, saying "it makes you look like a high school offence. Under Armour Outlet . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U.http://www.prsucenter.com/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. SEATTLE -- Inside the small club on Seattles Capitol Hill late Monday night, the chant would not be contained by the walls, drifting out onto the street with every urging scream from the performers on stage. "Super," the DJs would shout. "Sonics," was the emphatic reply from the crowd. After months of waiting and politicking, recommendations and reversals, and a remarkable amount of money being thrown around, fans in Seattle will finally learn Wednesday whether they will cheer on a team with the SuperSonics name again or whether the Kings will remain in Sacramento. "I think weve been in this game a long time. Weve had setbacks and weve had gains and if it goes against us well deal with it, but I am confident in our guys: Steve Ballmer, Chris Hansen," said Brian Robinson, the former head of "Save Our Sonics," the grassroots fan group that pushed to block the move of the Sonics to Oklahoma City five years ago. "They are willing to put the resources into making this happen one way or another." "May," remains the important word as the NBA Board of Governors meets on Wednesday in Dallas to tackle the issue of whether the Kings stay in Sacramento or are allowed to move to Seattle, where they would be rechristened the SuperSonics. Investor Chris Hansen and Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer have had a deal since January to buy a 65 per cent controlling interest in the Kings from the Maloof family. Hansen originally offered a total valuation of $525 million, then increased that offer to $550 million after a competing Sacramento group matched his deal. He hoped to move the team to Seattle to replace the original Sonics, who were relocated and renamed the Thunder in 2008. After months of staying quiet and letting the process play out, the Hansen and Ballmer group went on the offensive following the NBA relocation committees decision on April 29 to recommend denying the move. The Hansen and Ballmer group elbowed its way back into the conversation using money and creativity. It started last Friday when Hansen increased his total valuation of the Kings from $550 million to $625 million. Hansen also announced on his website that he has guaranteed owners that the franchise would pay into the leagues revenue-sharing system if it was in Seattle and not collect money as it has in Sacramento. On Saturday, word leaked of a backup deal with the Maloofs to purchase a minority interest in the Kings with the Maloofs remaining the controlling party. The limited partnership would be a purchase of at least 20 per cent of the Maloofs stake in the franchise at a valuation of $600 million, but the Hansen/Ballmer group would retain a two-year option too purchase majority control. Clearance Under Armour. They were bold and aggressive moves by the Seattle group. And for fans, they were a needed boost. "If they had folded, we would have folded," Robinson said. All that brings the whirlwind back to Wednesdays meeting in Dallas and likely the last chance to provide clarity. Anyone who says they definitively know what will come out of the meeting is likely just taking educated guesses. The roller coaster both cities have been on emotionally since January has come with stomach-knotting twists and turns that have provided little clarity about what the final answer will be. Will the Kings stay in Sacramento with an ownership group led by Vivek Ranadive and plans for a new downtown arena? Will the Maloof family remain majority owners with Hansen and Ballmer as minority investors in a Sacramento team? Will Hansen and Ballmer be successful in throwing enough money into the pot that owners are swayed to give the Kings a one-way ticket to Seattle? Or will expansion finally be a plausible solution that could satisfy both markets despite the NBAs stance thus far that expansion wont be discussed until after the leagues next television deal is negotiated? "Im really excited. I think there is an opportunity for this saga to end," Sacramento Mayor Kevin Johnson said before boarding a flight at Sacramento International Airport on Tuesday. There is just as much apprehension in Seattle, where the criticism of the NBA has quickly risen since the relocation committees recommendation. Fans already feeling burned by the league after the messy Sonics divorce are having flashbacks. "If they spurn us again and were not offered a clear path toward a franchise at some point we have to say, Do they want us to be their customers?" Robinson said. "I think the NBA needs to recognize that this is a very special moment and probably the opportunity to reclaim this market because of the work a lot of people have done on the ground here." On Monday night, those concerns were forgotten for a few hours. Bouncers were forced to turn fans away from the club after capacity was reached and then exceeded. Those fortunate to arrive early and stay inside raised their bottles at every scream of the word "Sonics," and they treated former Seattle great Shawn Kemp like a rock star when he took the stage. Kemp was the same as the others, keeping hope that Wednesdays result would see a return of the Sonics. "Theres only been a couple of times, a couple of times in this whole ordeal where my spirit has been broken," Kemp said. "But I can promise you this, Mr. Hansen has definitely kept my spirit up." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaCheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: