he Buffalo Bills made Kathryn Smith the NFLs first full- | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 5 '19
CLEVELAND -- Mike Clevingers night couldnt have gone much better. Colin Kaepernick Jersey .Clevelands rookie right-hander took a no-hitter into the sixth inning to get his first major league win and beat the team that drafted and signed him.Clevinger wore a big smile after the Indians one-hit the Los Angeles Angels in a 5-1 victory on Saturday night.Its storybook-esque, he said. It was everything and more that I could have imagined. Its hard to describe right now.Andrelton Simmons got Los Angeles only hit on a grounder with two outs in the sixth. Shortstop Francisco Lindor got his glove on the ball while ranging to his right, but it bounced into left field for a single.Clevinger (1-1) was removed after that to a standing ovation. The right-hander allowed one run, struck out three, walked four and threw 91 pitches.Clevinger, who was dealing with a callous on his middle finger, allowed a run in the second, thanks to a pair of walks and an RBI groundout.About the fourth I was looking to see who was coming up on the scoreboard and I was like, `Wait, theres no hits up there, he said. It kind of took me aback for a second. Theres a run on the board. Im not even thinking about hits at that point.That was fun, Indians manager Terry Francona said. His stuff was pretty electric. He had some walks. There was some traffic, but he really competed.Clevinger was drafted by the Angels in 2011 and traded to the Indians three years later for reliever Vinnie Pestano.Matt Shoemaker (6-13) allowed five runs in six innings for the Angels, who have dropped nine straight, their longest losing streak since 1999.Cleveland scored three times in the first on an RBI double by Jose Ramirez and Lonnie Chisenhalls two-run single. Chris Gimenez added an RBI single in the sixth.Johnny Giovatellas second-inning groundout scored the Angels only run.Clevinger has spent most of the season at Triple-A Columbus and was making his fifth major league start. He walked Mike Trout with two outs in the sixth before allowing the hit.Four Cleveland relievers held Los Angeles hitless over the final 3 1/3 innings.I thought our approach at the plate was pretty good for the most part, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. We took our walks and hit some balls hard, but Clevinger had good stuff.Ramirez made two outstanding plays at third base and extended his hitting streak to 17 games. Lindor was 3 for 4 for the AL Central leaders.The Indians have won the first three games of the series by a combined score of 32-8.The start of the game was delayed by rain for 2 hours, 11 minutes.THE STREAK LIVESCleveland minor leaguer Francisco Mejia had his hitting streak stretched to 50 games when the official scorer changed a ruling on an error from the third inning more than an hour after Class A Lynchburgs 7-5 10-inning loss to Winston-Salem. Mejia chopped a grounder down the line, and third baseman Gerson Montilla missed trying to backhand it for a two-base error. The scorer changed the play to a double hours later after reviewing video and conferring with the teams.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: OF Shane Robinson (strained right hip) was placed on the 15-day disabled list. OF Nick Buss had his contact selected from Triple-A Salt Lake.Indians: DH Carlos Santana (head contusion) has been cleared to play and will likely be in the lineup Sunday. He was hit in the head by a foul ball while standing in the dugout Thursday.UP NEXTAngels: RHP Jered Weaver is 7-2 with a 2.99 ERA in 12 games at Progressive Field.Indians: RHP Trevor Bauer tossed 6 1/3 scoreless innings in his last start, a 3-1 win at Washington on Aug. 9. Anthony Davis Jersey . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Joe Montana Jersey . Ibaka equaled a career high with 20 rebounds, adding four blocked shots and 15 points as the Thunder smothered the Milwaukee Bucks offence in a 92-79 victory Saturday night. https://www.sportsstarsjerseys.com/ray-allen-jersey/ . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. GLENDALE, Ariz. -- The Arizona Coyotes have hired Dawn Braid as skating coach and say she is believed to be the first full-time female coach in NHL history.Braid has a long association with the NHL.She worked part-time for the Coyotes last year and served as a skating consultant with the Toronto Maple Leafs, Anaheim Ducks, Buffalo Sabres and Calgary Flames.Braid also spent seven years with the Athletes Training Center as director of skating development. Among the skaters she worked with while there is New York Islanders center John Tavares.Its something that Ive wanted to see happen, she said in a statement released by the Coyotes. The fact that they respect what I do enough to name me as a full-time coach, or to name me as the first female coach in the NHL, I take a ton of pride in that. Yao Ming Jersey. Ive worked very hard for this opportunity. Its been going on for years and I just look forward to going even further with it.The hiring is the latest in a series of breakthroughs for women in mens sports.Last year, the Buffalo Bills made Kathryn Smith the NFLs first full-time assistant coach. Smith is the teams quality control coach.The NBA has had two female assistant coaches -- Becky Hammon of the San Antonio Spurs and Nancy Lieberman of the Sacramento Kings.A year ago, the Arizona Cardinals made Jen Welter the first woman to hold a coaching position of any kind in the NFL when she served as an intern in the preseason. ' ' ' 
Share: