draiser Monday for the Democratic National Codraiser Monday for the Democratic National Co | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Dec 3 '19
All through Monday, weather experts in lands surrounding the Caribbean Sea tracked a low-pressure trough moving westwards across the Atlantic, anxious to see if it would develop into a tropical cyclone, with a wind speed ranging from 63kph to 119kph. Nike Shoes Sale . If it met those conditions, they could officially call it a tropical storm. They already had a name ready for it - Earl.All through Monday, even as blue skies gave way to grey over Sabina Park, the occupants of Indias dressing room were not worried about the weather. There was no point worrying, because it was not in their control.Eventually, 43 overs of day three were lost to rain, and more showers are expected on days four and five of the Test match. Nonetheless, Ajinkya Rahane, who scored an unbeaten 108 to lift India to a declaration with a lead of 304, believed there was still more than enough time left for his team to force a win. India only made 142 runs in the 46.1 overs played on day three, and Rahane credited West Indies bowlers for keeping Indias scoring rate down, particularly their captain Jason Holder, who bowled a spell of 11 overs spread across the first two sessions, nine of them before lunch.We were not thinking about the weather, Rahane said. Initially, in the morning, we wanted to play normal cricket. Unfortunately, Wriddhiman [Saha] got out just before lunch. That partnership was really important for us. The plan was to bat once and bat long, and I think we did that. Theres still some help for the fast bowlers in the wicket, and I thought Holder bowled a very good spell before lunch. He bowled pretty well. After lunch, the plan was to play positive and try and get a 300-plus lead. Unfortunately, the rain came in, thats not something we can control.Later, asked the same question in Hindi, Rahane said the timing of Sahas dismissal might have prevented India from accelerating immediately after lunch.On the islands, it rains, but clears quickly also, he said. You cant be thinking about the weather and playing. The important thing was how much of a lead we could get and how quickly we can get it. We wanted to play normal cricket till lunch, and then, if we played positively, our lead would have grown. Anyway, there is plenty of time left in the Test match.India lost two quick wickets - of Amit Mishra and Mohammed Shami - after the days first rain interruption, which lasted 52 minutes. Between resumption and Indias declaration, Rahane moved to his seventh Test century. He had a hundred in the West Indies to go with tons in New Zealand, England, Australia, Sri Lanka and India, and 90-plus scores in South Africa and Bangladesh.Rahane seemed to quieten in the 80s, and for a time, farmed the strike, with No. 10 Umesh Yadav at the other end, before soaring into the 90s with an inside-out six off the offspinner Roston Chase.Frankly speaking, I was not thinking about my hundred, Rahane said. When Mishra and Shami got out, I told Umesh to play normal cricket. Just give your 100% whether defending or playing a shot. When I was 84-85, I wanted to play normal cricket, but the offie brought his long-off in and I wanted to clear the fielder. When I was on 95, [I told Umesh] just play normal cricket, and once I get my hundred, well play some shots.Despite the help still available from the pitch, Rahane said Indias bowlers would need to be patient to bowl West Indies out in the second innings.There is something for the fast bowlers, but its important for us to bowl a decent line and length tomorrow, he said. We have to bowl patiently. In the first Test match, we bowled in good areas and we bowled consistently. If we do that, we will be in a good position tomorrow.Cheap Nike Shoes For Sale . PETERSBURG, Fla. Wholesale Nike Shoes . -- The Sacramento Kings are set to become the first major professional sports franchise to accept Bitcoin virtual currency for ticket and merchandise purchases. https://www.wholesalenikeshoesauthentic.com/ .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. CHILMARK, Mass. -- When President Barack Obama goes on vacation, he plays a lot of golf. And when he plays, he likes to hang out with big-name basketball players.Five days into his family vacation on Marthas Vineyard, the president has spent four of them hitting the links. While the president rarely plays basketball anymore, he could put together a pretty strong pickup team with his golfing partners if he were so inclined.In his first outing, Obama joined up with Chris Paul of the Los Angeles Clippers. In the second round, it was Stephen Curry of the Golden State Warriors, and in his third and fourth rounds, Obamas foursome included former all-stars Alonzo Mourning and Ray Allen. The latter two were playing partners during last years vacation as well.The round with Curry makes good on Obamas promise of a rematch when the Warriors visited the White House in February to be honored for winning the 2015 NBA championship.I heard during this summer, after our golf game, that Steph was using the excuse of Secret Service being intimidating for why he lost the match, Obama said at the time. That is not the case. But he will have another opportunity.When Obama golfs, a handful of reporters, a camera team and photographers -- known as the pool -- are nearby, usually kept far enough away so the president doesnt see them, and vice versa. But the press was allowed to watch Obama on the first hole on the first day.A skunk livened things up when it waddled by the press van on the second day of golf. No damage was done before it wandered over to an area where the Secret Service was checking cars for bombs before their drivers were allowed to enter the courses parking lot.Many weekends in Washington, Obama also goes golfing, but generally on just one of the days.On Marthas Vineyard, Obama also has gone out twice for dinner. In the town of Oak Bluffs, he dined Sunday evening at Down Island, a new, trendy restaurant that has a $59 prix fixe menu.Executive Chef Scott Cummings told the Cape Cod Times the president shook hands with staff and posed for photos. The menu included island-caught striped bass, roasted carrots, octopus and chocolate pate. Obama tried all the dishes that were brought to him, Cummings said.Hundredss lined the street hoping for a glimpse of the president and first lady, cheering enthusiastically as their motorcade sped away to drop them off on the other side of the island. Discount Nike Shoes. Its friendly country for Democrats, though a couple of Trump supporters watched the motorcade Thursday behind a Trump sign.The Clintons also frequented the vineyard during Bill Clintons two terms, and the motorcade passed a permanent sign reading Hoo-rah for Bill. The sign was erected by the late Craig Kingsbury, an eccentric local who was the inspiration for Quint in the movie Jaws. Much of the movie was filmed on the island.For their second dinner out, the Obamas headed back Tuesday to State Road restaurant in West Tisbury, which has become a yearly stop for them. Lobster salad, local greens, striped bass, monkfish, duck breast and cheeseburgers were on the menu.The Obamas have vacationed every year but one on Marthas Vineyard. They generally keep a low profile, and indeed there were few people on the street in West Tisbury when they left the restaurant around 10:30 p.m.On the day Obama didnt golf, he and the first family went to a private beach. The White House said Thursday he and daughter Malia also went for a walk in the morning on a trail near the house the Obamas are renting. The White House doesnt disclose exactly where he is staying, but hes in the same neighborhood of a home the Obamas stayed at in 2014 and 2015. One of the local papers, the Marthas Vineyard Times, describes the home as containing seven bedrooms, nine bathrooms, expansive views of Vineyard Sound, a swimming pool, a hot tub and a dual tennis-basketball court.Obama has added a new event to this years itinerary, a fundraiser Monday for the Democratic National Committee. Meanwhile, Hillary Clinton will be on the island as well on August 20. Her campaign website stated that shell be in Edgartown at the home of Carol and Frank Biondi, a former CEO for Viacom and Universal Studios. Its unclear for now whether the two politicians will spend any time together.---Sara Brown and Peter Brannen contributed to this report. ' ' '
Share: