rinka said, wherinka said, whe | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 18 '19
Leinster completed a clean sweep of Guinness PRO12 wins for the Irish provinces this weekend with a 28-15 bonus-point victory over Newport. Cheap Vapormax 2 China .It took 41 minutes for Leo Cullens men to register the bonus point, but a sloppy final half an hour will have frustrated the Leinster management as the men of Gwent closed out the scoring with tries from Pat Howard and replacement Sarel Pretorius.Peter Dooley and Ross Molony both crossed for their first Leinster tries in the first half, with man-of-the-match Jack Conans effort on the half-hour making it 21-3 for half-time.Joey Carberys withdrawal after his 41st-minute try may be a sign as to who will fill the fly-half position in next Fridays Champions Cup clash with Northampton. There are ongoing concerns over Jonathan Sextons hamstring strain.Leinster captain Isa Nacewa landed all four conversions and they were needed in the end as the Dragons outplayed the home side for the remainder of the game. However, the visitors challenge for a losing bonus point fell short.The lineout was an early concern for Leinster, with five balls lost by the break, but they opened the scoring with Dooleys 11th-minute score which saw him wriggle free of two defenders and stretch over near the left corner.Nacewa converted and also added the extras to Molonys try barely three minutes later. Luke McGrath and Hayden Triggs sparked a lively attack and with Rhys Ruddock straightening up from a half-blocked pass, he linked with Noel Reid whose offload sent Molony over.Angus OBrien responded with a penalty but the Dragons efforts to hang on to Leinsters coattails were not helped by an injury to full-back Carl Meyer in an accidental knee-to-head collision with Adam Byrne.The Leinster pack lost possession at a third successive maul opportunity just as they were poised to strike for another try, while Byrne also threatened from a couple of kick chases.The hosts continued to create chances and Conan brilliantly burst onto McGraths flat pass to break two attempted tackles and charge in under the posts, with Nacewa converting.What would have been a classy team try, finished by Rory OLoughlin, was ruled out for a forward pass from Byrne.However, there was nothing wrong with Carberys almost immediate try on the resumption, the young number 10 trailing a powerful break by OLoughlin from halfway to gather the scoring pass.Lewis Evans did just enough to prevent Nacewa from collecting Dan Leavys offload for a probable fifth try for Leinster.Whereas the hosts allowed their intensity to drop, the Dragons bench had the desired impact, particularly Pretorius and Cory Hill.Another of the replacements Geraint Rhys Jones floated an excellent one-handed pass behind him for the onrushing Howard to cross the whitewash in the 54th minute.The deficit was down to 13 points after Pretorius threw a smart dummy from a 69th-minute close-in ruck and reached over wide on the left, giving his side a deserved seven points following a prolonged bout of pressure.For all the Dragons energy and momentum, Leinster held them at arms length during the closing 10 minutes as the Welsh region fell to their 17th straight away defeat in the PRO12. Discount Vapormax . PAUL, Minn. Cheap Vapormax Flyknit . Its the second straight game Bell has scored in extra time for Kelowna, which beat the Brandon Wheat Kings 6-5 on Friday, and he now has four game-winning goals on the season. http://www.clearancevapormax.com/cheap-vapormax-2020-clearance.html . Anthony Calvillo, through 20 CFL seasons, was frequently invincible and largely stoic in the heat of competition. But underneath the professional exterior he was, and is, compellingly human. Certain scenarios are meant for certain people, and the one that has developed in Londons 02 Arena at the ATP World Tour Finals seems tailor made for Stan Wawrinka.Should Wawrinka beat No. 1 Andy Murray in straight sets Friday, and Kei Nishikori defeat 0-2 Marin Cilic, the year-end championships will be denied that much-anticipated showdown between Murray and Novak Djokovic. It would also open the door for Djokovic to reclaim the top ranking.In fact if this scenario transpires, Murray will be out of the tournament before the semifinals. Among the possibilities if that happens is a rematch of the Djokovic-Wawrinka US Open final.Early in the week, after Wawrinka plodded his way through a desultory first-round loss to Nishikori, the chances of something like this being in play were remote. Not any longer, especially in light of Wawrinkas display of firepower Wednesday evening in a 7-6 (3), 7-6 (3) win against Cilic.I think the level was really high, Wawrinka told reporters after that match. Im happy with many things tonight -- the way I was mentally on the court, the way I was moving. I think I was moving great. I had some good defense, some long rallies. I mixed a lot with my game in general.When Stan the Man, aka Stanimal, is living in HappiStan, its time for everyone else, including Djokovic, to be afraid. Thick as a linebacker, Wawrinka is bearish in more ways than one. He tends to hibernate for significant periods, but when he comes out of his den, and the scent of a nearby meal sets his nose quivering, its time to climb the nearest tree.Wawrinka has never been No. 1, but he can play like the No. 1. It tends to happen in critical matches on the biggest stages.Im very far from being No. 1, Wawrinka said for perhaps the 2,700th time at the pretournament news conference. Referring to tennis Big Four, he added, If you look at their records, theyre playing in the final of every tournament they play, so its not something Im thinking about now.But rest assured, Wawrinka is something theyre thinking about. He not only belted Djokovic off the court in the last US Open final, he ruined the same guys day in the French Open final of 2015.Wawrinka also hammered Murray in straight sets at the Tour Finals last year. Murray leads the head-to-head by a very slender 9-7 edge, but there is so much pressure on him in London that he might have to take hits off an oxygen tank instead of a sporrts drink on changeovers when he plays Wawrinka. Nike Air VaporMax 2019 White-Metallic Gold. Pundits have tried to shoehorn Wawrinka into the Big Four ever since he belted his way to the 2014 Australian Open title (he beat Djokovic in the quarters and Rafael Nadal in the final), then backed it up during the ensuing months. Some have tried to expand the quartet into a Big Five including Wawrinka, but hell be the first to shun the honor. Hes humble and realistic. Hes also a creature who needs to hibernate.Besides, life is much more fun in HappiStan if Wawrinka can avoid the pressures and hassles that accompany everyday life. Wawrinka has a deft way of staying under the radar despite having, in every respect, the profile of a cargo plane.Nobody has taken Wawrinka very seriously at this tournament, and thats somewhat understandable. He won just one match in two fall Masters 1000 events. The only bright spot after that stunning upset of Djokovic in Arthur Ashe Stadium was a final in Moscow, where Wawrinka lost that to ATP #nextgen upstart Alexander Zverev.The sluggish opener against Nishikori in the O2 suggested that sometime in early October, Wawrinka decided to just mail it in. But its a mistaken assumption. This is just Wawrinkas way. He showed Wednesday that he hasnt licked and stamped the envelope just yet.Im here to try to enjoy, Wawrinka said, tacitly acknowledging that he doesnt want to fire expectations -- or put pressure on himself. Its still always a dream for me to be here. Im trying to enjoy; Im trying to do the right thing; Im trying to fight as much as I can to stay alive on the tournament.Because of his build, Wawrinka is only as good as his movement on that day. Thats a difficult factor to control. Wawrinka was moving poorly and mentally out of it Monday against perhaps the worst guy to face under those conditions, Nishikori.On Wednesday, the gum on his shoes turned into wheels. I know I can beat every player, Wawrinka said, when asked if he intends to compete for the top ranking now that applications are again being accepted. But I need to do it more often in the year if I want to think about that. But three Grand Slams in three years is something that I didnt expect. Im very happy with where I am now.Welcome to HappiStan. Beware if your name is Murray or Djokovic. ' ' ' 
Share: