Monica Niculescu teamed to beat Slovenias Andreja Klepac a | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Nov 18 '19
Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn. Replica NCAA Jerseys .ca! Hi Kerry, The delay of game penalty for sending the puck over the glass - I get the penalty, but after the San Jose Sharks went down two players late in Game 2 and essentially lost because of it, what do you think about maybe putting off the delay of game penalty if the offending team is on the penalty kill? It would be along the same vein as having no icing on the penalty kill. What do you think? Bernard Seo Bernard, I, like you, get the penalty. I understand the theory of the rule when it was implemented; create more offence through sustained pressure by the attacking team when the puck cant be dumped over the boards by the defending team to kill the play. In practice, I dont know of too many hockey people or fans that like the rule and believe it should be changed. You can include me in this list! The puck over glass rule was first initiated to keep goalies that were adept at puck handling skills such as Martin Brodeur from relieving pressure by shooting the puck over the glass. Then general manager of the New York Rangers Neil Smith posed to his colleagues around the table the unfairness if the rule exclusively targeted goalkeepers that had to execute a shot with their big gloves and sticks. If the rule was going to be adopted, it only made sense to include forwards and defencemen whose job it was to pass and shoot the puck with less encumbered tools of the trade. The automatic penalty to be received when a non-deflected puck was shot or batted over the glass was thought to force defending players to attempt a skilled play to move the puck. Every other rule in the book allows for referee discretion to determine the existence of an infraction, along with the varying degrees at the referees disposal to implement the final assessment ranging from a minor, double minor, major or match penalty. Aside from determining if the puck is deflected, the referees discretion is nonexistent when it come to Rule 63.2 — Delaying the Game; Puck over the glass! We have seen more than one playoff game determined when a player accidentally put the puck over the glass to incur a penalty. It matters not if the puck was rolling and unsettled or the ice was bad and contributed to the flight of the puck. Its the only rule that I can honestly say is simply Black and White! It was very disconcerting for me to see obvious infractions that went uncalled in deciding games and particularly Game 7s that were played in the previous round. These discretionary calls ranged from body slams to majors for elbowing, cross-checks from behind or a major cross-check infraction to the face (minor called), attempted slew-foot, goalkeeper retaliation with a blocker strike to an opponents head, charging, and boarding. The referee discretion implemented at times pretty much ran the gambit with a "let them play" mentality. While Im not suggesting that this poor standard of enforcement is in any way acceptable, it further demonstrates the absurdity of the puck over glass rule as it now exists. Regardless of anything and everything that the referees chose not to call, a puck over glass is the singularly most guaranteed infraction that would be called at any time in the game, including overtime! Think about the absurdity of that scenario. Two things need to done. First, get the referees to enforce the expected standard in as consistent a manner as humanly possible throughout a game and the series. Next, make Rule 63.2 a discretionary call, just like all the rest. If the referee deems the action of a defending player shooting the puck over the glass to be deliberate, then assess a delay of game penalty. I much prefer the NCAA rule where a defending team is not allowed to make a line change similar to icing when they shoot the puck over the glass from within their defending zone and it is deemed unintentional/accidental. Until a sensible approach is taken by the NHL to implement a rule change, we just might witness more of the let em play, let em cheat discretionary standard applied. That is until, God forbid, a player accidentally shoots or bats the puck over the glass from his defending zone! No discretion can be applied to that call. Cheap NCAA Jerseys . Reigning world champion Eve Muirhead of Scotland opened with a 12-2 rout of Winnipegs Jennifer Jones in a battle of teams bound for the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi. Wholesale NCAA Jerseys . The FA rejected Wilsheres appeal that the length of his punishment was "clearly excessive" and said Thursday his suspension begins with immediate effect. He will miss league matches against Chelsea on Monday and West Ham on Dec. https://www.chinajerseysncaa.us/ .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. MONTREAL -- Simona Halep beat Australian Open champion Angelique Kerber 6-0, 3-6, 6-2 on Saturday to advance to the Rogers Cup final for the second straight year.The fifth-seeded Halep will face American Madison Keys on Sunday in a rematch of the Romanian players three-set victory in the round of 16 at Wimbledon. The 10th-seeded Keys beat Slovakias Kristina Kucova 6-2, 6-1 in the second semifinal.She hits the ball very strong, Halep said about Keys. Her serve is good. It will be not like today, with many rallies. In Wimbledon, the points were shorter. So I expect that I will not have a good rhythm because she can hit a winner and you dont see the ball. But she can miss sometimes.Last year in the final in Toronto, Halep retired in the third set because of illness, handing the title to Belinda Bencic.Halep beat Kerber on Saturday after losing to her in the Wimbledon quarterfinals.She gets a lot of balls back, Keys said aabout Halep. Custom NCAA Jerseys. Her ability to get that extra ball and become the one thats in charge of the point is what shes so good at.?Halep won two weeks ago in Bucharest for her second title of the year and 13th overall. Keys won the Wimbledon tuneup event in Birmingham, England, for her second career WTA Tour title.After her singles victory, Halep and countrywoman Monica Niculescu teamed to beat Slovenias Andreja Klepac and Katarina Srebotnik 6-3, 2-6, 10-6 in the doubles semifinals.?They will face Russias Ekaterina Makarova and Elena Vesnina, 6-4, 6-2 winners over Americans Christina McHale and Asia Muhammad.Actually, when I started the tournament, I said with the prize money from doubles I will go shopping, Halep said. Now I have enough, so I will enjoy it. Maybe thats why I kept winning. ' ' '
Share: