d the night before, and we end up getting in at 2 in the morning. It then becomes a decision. It really does. Youre either going to all | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 15 '19
NEW YORK -- Baruch College gave 30 student-athletes more than $255,000 in improper benefits over the course of five years, NCAA officials said in a decision issued Thursday. Fake Balenciaga For Sale .The NCAA Division III Committee on Infractions said the schools former vice president for student affairs and enrollment management and its former head womens basketball coach both violated NCAA ethical conduct rules.As I stated unambiguously to the NCAA, Baruch College accepts, and takes full responsibility for, the fact that some improper benefits were made available to a limited number of student-athletes during the period from 2010-2015, Baruch Colleges President Mitchel B. Wallerstein said in a statement.The committee said in its report that it had not seen a high-level campus administrator who had such breadth and scope of responsibilities in an infractions case as the former vice president.The former vice president wanted to raise the profile of athletics at the college and as part of that effort he was closely involved in the recruitment, admission and awarding of financial aid for prospects and student-athletes, especially in the sport of womens basketball, Gerald Houlihan, a member of the infractions committee.The administrator and coach were not named in the report and university officials declined to name them.The former vice president, who was with the institution for 10 years, and former head womens basketball coach knowingly arranged or provided impermissible financial aid and extra benefits to student-athletes, according to the NCAA.However, the former vice president claimed he did not receive education on NCAA rules, therefore the violations were inadvertent. The former head womens basketball coach also said he had insufficient rules education, according to the NCAA.The penalties include four years of probation, a one-year postseason ban for the womens basketball team and prohibiting the coach and vice president from all athletically related duties for one year.When asked about the possibility of an appeal, Baruch spokesperson Christina Latouf said the college will digest the information and respond at another time. The school in Manhattan has 18,000 students and 13 sports teams, according to its website.Violations included granting in-state residency based on athletics, providing impermissible financial aid, cash awards and extra benefits and choosing student-athletes for resident assistant positions when they were not qualified.The case started when Baruch College received two anonymous letters in early 2013 that alleged the former vice president provided two student-athletes improper financial aid. An internal investigation was conducted and a self-report was submitted to the NCAA enforcement staff in January 2014.Wallerstein said the college made some changes during the course of the NCAAs investigation, including revamping the role of the athletics director, appointing a new faculty athletics representative, establishing an athletics compliance team and improving training on student-athlete recruitment and financial aid.This was not the first time Baruch College was found to have committed major violations.In the 2004-05 and 2005-06 academic years, the womens basketball program was involved in a work-study program that wasnt monitored correctly and led to extra benefits and wages for work not completed. Penalties included one year probation, a $5,000 penalty, vacated wins, and a two-game suspension for an assistant coach.Houlihan said the prior case did not factor into the committees decision.I am committed to having an Athletics Program at Baruch College of which our students, faculty, staff, and the entire Baruch community can be proud and that is managed in an ethical and responsible fashion, Wallerstein said. Fake Balenciaga From China . Dusautoir, the former World Player of the Year, sustained a torn bicep playing for Toulouse in the Heineken Cup on Saturday. The flanker, who has played 65 times for France, is expected to be out for up to four months. Wholesale Balenciaga . The Americans, skipped by John Shuster, seized the advantage in the eighth end by scoring five points for a 7-3 lead. The Czechs pulled two back in the ninth, but Shusters team of third Jeff Isaacson, second Jared Zezel and lead John Landsteiner ended with another point to secure the last Olympic berth on offer. https://www.fakebalenciaga.com/ .com) - The Montreal Canadiens will try to halt their longest losing streak of the season when they host the struggling New York Islanders in tonights clash at the Bell Centre. There has been an ongoing conversation for a while about who is the point-guard-of-the-future for the U.S. womens basketball team. But such discussion should never be boiled down to this question: Whos the next Sue Bird?Because that would be drastically unfair to anyone who someday will play point guard for the senior national squad after Bird has moved on to whatever else she will do spectacularly well. Broadcasting, which she already has started? Coaching? Running the WNBA? Maybe shell do all that and more.But there simply isnt going to be a duplicate of Bird on court. So lets genuinely appreciate her while shes still playing.Bird, who is currently competing in her fourth Olympics, will turn 36 in October. But she looks to be in the best shape of her life, and her stats for her 14th WNBA season are as good as theyve been in her career.Bird is very exacting about what she expects in her own performance, and the previous couple of years had not met her standards.I felt like I wasnt myself, and that can be tough, she said. Kind of looking in the mirror and asking yourself, How do you want your career to end? Thats what it really came down to.I figured, Why not just try to control everything you can? Dot every i and cross every t and see where it gets you. I really worked on my nutrition, and on a workout plan that was going to be really beneficial to my body. Im lucky that I have people in Seattle that are going to support me.Meaning that those in the Storm organization understand that Bird doesnt need to partake in a lot of punishing practices at this point in her career. There are other things, like bike riding, that actually do her more good.When you dont have to worry about your body feeling like crap every day, Bird said, when thats a consistent thing -- of feeling good -- it allows you to actually worry about whats in front of you and whats important.There is no way for athletes to beat time, but they can cheat it as much as possible if they take the right approach. Youd expect nothing less from Bird.If Sue was old, and played old, and thought old, and acted old, she wouldnt have made the team, U.S. Olympic coach Geno Auriemma said. But Sue at her age thinks quicker, and moves quicker, and makes more plays for other people than any other guard in the league.Im not privy to all the huddles that are out there. But Im sure when theres a huddle, theres only one person thats talking, and everybodys nodding their head.Bird would appreciate the compliment, but she has never been very comfortable with such things. She is intensely competitive, but more at ease with humorous self-deprecation and deflection of praise to others.You could go through the entire list of people who have played or currently are playing point guard -- male or female, pro or college, we truly mean anybody -- and you wont find one whose very essence is more point guard than Bird.It is in everything she does as a basketball player: from her commitment to setting up teammates on the court, to how she thinks of the collective at all times.You get the feeling Bird could be home alone cooking dinner and shed be wondering if all her teammates were eating something healthy. Shes the one who can hold everyone accountable by holding herself the most accountable.Bird always has been the smartest kid in class who never needs to tell you that, or even have it acknowledged. If the scoreboard reads in favor of her team, thats what matters.This is not to say, though, that Bird doesnt focus on hersself, because of course she does. Cheap Balenciaga. . Bird probably couldnt help but hear the chatter from some womens basketball fans that maybe it was time for the national team to move on to a much younger guard corps back before the 2014 world championship.Yet the reality is that Bird and Minnesotas Lindsay Whalen, 34, are still premier point guards in the WNBA and great leaders at that position for the national team.And, as mentioned, the fine-tuning Bird did with her diet and her fitness really did help slam the door shut on why shes still running the show for the Americans. Its obvious in her play.Bird is leading the WNBA in assists at 6.0 per game, and shes averaging 12.5 points while shooting a career-high 44.1 percent from 3-point range. Shes also helping oversee the development of the Storms two No. 1 draft picks of 2015 and 16, Jewell Loyd and Breanna Stewart, the latter of whom is on the Olympic team with Bird.I love playing with Sue, Stewart said. Just the fact that shes been through so much that she knows everything. Shes a tremendous leader, not only on the basketball court, but off.It is in keeping with how analytically Bird approaches everything that she has put a lot of thought into how to mentor younger players.I have moments where I think to myself, What do I wish I was told at 21 or 22? Bird said. And its nothing groundbreaking. Its just little stuff. Immediately, I told Stewie, Something youre going to need to take care of is your body.Now, you can probably eat McDonalds every day -- Im not saying she does this, but just as an example -- and sleep six hours, and play back-to-back games and be none the wiser. But you might as well start the good habits now. Because Im telling you, in 10 years, youre not going to be able to do that.Bird also knows that even if you do everything right, injuries can still get you. Thats what ended the career of Birds longtime Storm teammate, Lauren Jackson, and for the first time since 1996, the Australians will play in the Olympics without her. She competed for the Opals in the Summer Games in 2000, 2004, 2008 and 2012.The Storm retired Jacksons number in July, and it was Birds hilarious and heartfelt tribute speech to Jackson?that was the highlight of the ceremony. Bird was moved to tears -- and took everybody in attendance with her -- talking about her empathy for Jackson no longer being physically able to play.Bird is grateful she still can. She thinks back to 2004 when she competed in her first Olympics, soaking up all the advice offered by veterans like Dawn Staley. Now here Bird is a dozen years later, at another Olympics and sounding as if she still gets wiser by the day.At some point, its mind over matter, Bird said of how she faces challenges. My WNBA team is young, so this is something I preach to them.Lets say our flight was delayed the night before, and we end up getting in at 2 in the morning. It then becomes a decision. It really does. Youre either going to allow it to affect you, or youre not.Even within a game, I have moments where I have to remind myself, All right, you need to pick it up or Your energy is low. There is a saying, You fake till you make it for a reason. You just have to push yourself, and its easier said than done.Unless youre Bird. Because -- whether its with the WNBA, overseas or the national team -- she says it and does it with equal aplomb. ' ' ' 
Share: