, who can make plays after he catches it -- his run after ca, who can make plays after he catches it -- his run after ca | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 14 '19
ANAHEIM, Calif. Vente En Gros Nike Air Max . -- The Los Angeles Angels saw one of their future stars make strides but may have lost their biggest star for the last days of the season, as Mike Trout exited the game after taking a fastball to the shoulder.Kole Calhoun homered, Alex Meyer earned his second major league win and the Angels held off a late rally from the Oakland Athletics to sweep the three-game series with an 8-6 win Wednesday night.Trout was hit by a John Axford fastball in the back of his left shoulder in the eighth inning and was removed from the game. Hell have imaging done Thursday to determine whether or not he can play through the weekend against the Houston Astros.Trout said the pitch hit his shoulder blade and left him with a sizable, sore welt.I want to (play), Ill tell you that, Trout said. Weve got three games left, so Im going to try to grind it out.Meyer (2-3) limited the As to two runs on five hits over four innings and struck out five. J.C. Ramirez pitched a perfect ninth to convert his second save.I think theres no doubt that Alex is moving forward in many ways, Angels manager Mike Scioscia said. I think first and foremost, I think his delivery is getting more consistent. Hes able to repeat it, his arm angle is where hes working towards getting it, and hopefully hell continue to improve with his consistency.Meyer said his month in the big leagues has been beneficial for his confidence.Im definitely happy, Meyer said. Going into next year, now Ive kind of had some success. Ive learned a lot and I took some bumps and bruises along with way.Khris Davis, who played at nearby Cal State Fullerton, hit his 41st home run and his sixth against the Angels this season in the sixth inning, making the score 8-3. Marcus Semien brought the As to within two runs with a three-run homer, also his sixth against Los Angeles, in the eighth.After going down 2-0 early, the Angels rallied for eight runs in the fourth inning. Ross Detwiler (3-3) got the first out but then put then put the next four batters on and gave up two runs before getting the second out.With runners on the corners, Shane Robinson cleared the bases with a double to left and took third on the throw. Calhoun homered for the 17th time this season to give Los Angeles a 6-2 lead and Mike Trout singled to keep the inning alive.The Calhoun one was the one that really hurt, As manager Bob Melvin said. Whether or not coming in and not being the starter (was an issue), thats something you have to ask him but hes relieved and started before so that shouldnt have been an issue.Detwiler was finally replaced after giving up a double to C.J. Cron, the 10th batter of the inning. Reliever Chris Smith couldnt end the threat as he walked the next two batters to walk in a run and Stephen Vogts failure to throw to first on a grounder by Jett Bandy allowed Cron to score for the eighth run of the inning.Gregorio Petit, the 14th batter, finally ended the inning by grounding out to Smith.Sonny Gray was activated from the 15-day disabled list prior to his start. Gray was limited to only one inning and was replaced by Detwiler. He gave up one hit and faced four batters in his first start since Aug. 6.He threw the ball where he wanted to, he had a good breaking ball, Melvin said. He was very composed for an excitable guy that hasnt been out there for a while.TRAINERS ROOMAngels: RHP Garrett Richards threw off the mound to hitters for the first time since tearing his ulnar collateral ligament May 1. Richards, who has been throwing for a month after stem cell treatments showed significant healing in the ligament, will throw another bullpen this weekend before continuing his season in the instructional league.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Kendall Graveman will start the As final series of the season, Thursday in Seattle. Graveman is 0-3 with a 5.28 ERA in his last five starts and has posted similar numbers against the Mariners, going 1/3 with a 5.40 ERA in seven career appearances.Angels: Los Angeles manager Mike Scioscia declined to name a starter for Fridays series-opener against the Houston Astros. RHP Daniel Wright or RHP Jhoulys Chacin are likely candidates. Air Max 90 Femme Pas Cher .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Air Max 97 Jaune Pas Cher . 10 Texas A&Ms offence dominated as usual against SMU. http://www.maxnikepascher.fr/ . What general manager Dave Nonis called "short and productive" negotiations ended with Kessel signing a US$64-million, eight-year contract on Tuesday. EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- Odell Beckham Jr. has clear understanding of what it means to be the go-to receiver for the New York Giants.When Dallas comes up with a game plan for Sundays season opener, he is going to be the receiver who draws the most attention. He is also the player who is going to take that extra shot if the Cowboys can find a way to deliver it legally.At home, Beckham is the hero for Giants fans. Away, he is the villain: the bleached-haired player who is going to be booed whenever fans get the chance, and they love it when he loses his cool, as he did against Josh Norman last season.For those with no rooting interest, Beckham is simply the player noted for his one-handed touchdown catch against the Cowboys in his rookie season.Talk to the 23-year-old Beckham and there is a lot to be learned. While he would love to have another 1,300-or 1,400-yard season and added another 12 or 13 touchdown receptions, its more important to win.The Giants have posted consecutive 6-10 records in his two seasons and missed the playoffs.The numbers mean something in a sense, but the 6-10 number, flip that around, 10-6 means a lot more, Beckham said Wednesday after the Giants practiced for the opener in Dallas.I just hate losing. Im cool with other people being open, were scoring. Theres no better feeling than being on the field and everything is clicking and were winning games.Beckham said his freshman year at LSU was fun. The team went undefeated and he made his contributions in other ways.I wasnt going for 120 yards a game, he said. It was 50 yards, five catches, the blocks that you made to spring a running back. Its really about winning. I hate losing.Beckham would like to see the Giants get off to a good start for new coach Ben McAdoo. New York has not won a season opener since 2010, and it has not made the playoffs since 2011.The Giants went 2-2 in the preseason and the offense did not play well.Beckham hesitated when asked if he felt more pressure to produce after having 187 catches for 2,755 yards and 25 toouchdowns in his first two seasons. Nike Air Max 270 React Soldes. I dont like the word pressure because it is not something I feel in a sense that I have to do this and I have to do that, Beckham said. Its football. This is what I have done all my life. I love it and I give it my all. Hopefully, thats good enough.Beckham admits to having his own expectations. He does not care what others expect from him. He believes this season will offer him more opportunities to get better, and he hopes playing with Victor Cruz and rookie Sterling Shepard will help him, or them.You cant worry about whats ahead of you, Beckham said. Its predetermined and destined for you. You just have to stay the course and it will take you right to where you are supposed to be, whether it is good, bad or indifferent.Beckham said the one thing he enjoys is studying other receivers, and stealing stuff to add to his game.You want to be the best, Beckham said. If you aim to be the best and fall short, I think you will be in a good position.Dallas did a good job against Beckham last season, limiting him to nine catches for 79 yards and no touchdowns.They feature him, he is the go-to guy, and he is one of those guys where you have to know where he is every time he breaks the huddle, Cowboys coach Jason Garrett said.We understand the challenges he presents as a downfield receiver, as a receiver who they throw the ball to underneath, who can make plays after he catches it -- his run after catch is outstanding, he has been a huge playmaker for them ever since he got there.Game notes McAdoo said that Randy Bullock will kick in the opener for the suspended Josh Brown. ... Recently signed OT Will Beatty hopes to play on Sunday. Thursday will be his first practice in pads in a year. ... McAdoo refused to say whether he or offensive coordinator Mike Sullivan will call plays Sunday.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' ' 
Share: