was a whole other level.It was the toughest thing mentally, was a whole other level.It was the toughest thing mentally, | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Nov 7 '19
NEW YORK -- Mets stars Yoenis Cespedes and Noah Syndergaard left New Yorks game against the Washington Nationals with injuries Friday night. MLB Jerseys Outlet .Cespedes was pulled after three innings with a strained right quadriceps. The slugger made a sliding catch in shallow center field in the top of the third and was replaced by Juan Lagares in the fourth.Syndergaard exited in the fifth with arm fatigue that was not elbow-related, the Mets said.The injuries came hours after New York announced struggling pitcher Matt Harvey will have season-ending surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome.Pitching with a bone spur in his right elbow that he has called pretty insignificant, Syndergaard stepped off the rubber with two outs in the fifth and a 2-2 count on Jayson Werth.Catcher Rene Rivera visited the mound and then went back behind the plate before manager Terry Collins and assistant trainer Brian Chicklo came out of the dugout, prompting groans from the crowd. Syndergaard waved his glove in their direction as if to shoo them away, but after a meeting on the mound, he walked back to the dugout with Chicklo.Syndergaard was throwing his sizzling fastball in the high-90s (mph) earlier in the game, but his first two heaters to Werth clocked 93 mph.Seth Lugo relieved with New York trailing 3-0 and was given all the time he needed to warm up. The rookie right-hander tossed two hitless innings.Cespedes and Syndergaard were both selected for the All-Star Game on Tuesday in San Diego.Collins will manage the National League squad and said before Friday nights game that Syndergaard would definitely pitch in the Midsummer Classic, a pledge that now seems likely to change. Cheap MLB Jerseys From China . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Cheap MLB Jerseys Authentic . -- The Magic have their first victory of the new year. https://www.mlbjerseyschina.us/ . 24 Baylor in a Big 12 clash between teams trending in opposite directions. Andrew Wiggins made 10-of-12 from the foul line and scored 17 for Kansas (14-4, 5-0 Big 12), which capped a stretch of four straight games against ranked opponents unscathed. VIENNA, Austria -- Retiring Formula One world champion Nico Rosberg says he would have continued for at least one more year if he had not won the title this season.In a surprise announcement ahead of the FIA prize giving gala, Rosberg broke the news that he has raced for the last time in F1 and will retire as reigning world champion this year. Rosbergs contract with the dominant Mercedes team was due to run for another two years, but the decision now leaves the team with a big space to fill on next years grid.Rosberg won the title by five points from teammate and rival Lewis Hamilton following a dramatic showdown at the final race in Abu Dhabi, and admitted on Friday night that he would have stayed in F1 in 2017 if things had gone differently.I never give up, so if Id finished second I would have gone for another year, for sure. Definitely, he said after receiving his trophy on stage at the Hofburg palace in Vienna.When I was six years old and started out, the dream was very clear: I wanted to become Formula One world champion and thats what I pursued all along and its mission accomplished for me, Ive done it. Its a dream come true and now its on to other things, with family first. Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys. Well see what the future holds just following my heart.Although Rosberg did not tell the Mercedes team until earlier this week, he knew he had already made the decision as he crossed the finish line in Abu Dhabi.I knew when I won, yeah. I didnt know if I had the courage, but here I am now and Im very happy.It was unbelievably intense and really indescribable at the last four races. Thats the moment where it was my championship to lose. The last race is mentally the toughest thing Ive done, except for watching my wife suffer through the birth of our daughter -- that was a whole other level.It was the toughest thing mentally, but all the more special to come through after that and see the chequered flag and take the title. Big respect also to Lewis, of course, who was a big competitor for all these years, at an awesome level and one of the best drivers out there for sure. Even that makes it that little bit more special as well that I was able to take it away from him. ' ' ' 
Share: