missing the fmissing the f | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 20 '19
Tim Cahill has made himself an instant Melbourne City hero, scoring a wonder-goal and inspiring his A-League side to a 4-1 Melbourne derby win over rivals Melbourne Victory. Custom Nike Chicago Cubs Jerseys .Bruno Fornaroli, Luke Brattan and Fernando Brandan also scored to punish Victory - who replied through Marco Rojas - in a display which confirmed Citys title credentials.As is so often the case, the derby didnt lack for excitement or moments of magic.But on his first league outing in Australia for 20 years, Cahill made the occasion his own in less than half an hour.Seizing on a loose ball, the Socceroo struck a half-volley that whistled past Victory goalkeeper Lawrence Thomas from 35 metres.Cahill had conjured something from nothing, leaving a bumper crowd of 43,188 wondering what theyd just seen.The goal was no less than City deserved after working over Victorys defence.And the full-time result was entirely fair too after City unleashed a scintillating display of attacking football.John van t Schips inspired decision to play three defenders allowed City to overload Victory going forward, and in time that dominance paid off.Fornaroli added his name to the scoresheet four minutes after Cahill, when Nicolas Colazo overlapped on the left and zinged a cross to the back post where the Uruguayan pounced with a diving header.Kevin Muscats shell-shocked side were drowning, conceding 10 shots to one in a brutal first half.It got worse on 52 minutes, when Brattan sidefooted home Bruce Kamaus cut-back before celebrating with Citys jubilant fans.The Victory coach responded by hauling off Mitch Austin and the disappointing Oliver Bozanic for Leigh Broxham and Nick Ansell, and soon had some reward.Rojas danced his way past four City defenders to beat Dean Bouzanis and give Victory hope.If not for Cahills long-range stunner, it would have been an easy choice for goal of the match.But Victorys delight didnt even last a minute before another City goal flew in, sinking their chances of a first win of the season.Brandan jinked Jason Geria as he powered towards goal, finishing past Lawrence Thomas at his near post.City boss van t Schip tried his best to be level-headed after the match, insisting City had a long way to go to challenge for honours.We were over the whole game, the evening, the better team and we worked hard for that, he said before praising Cahill.You couldnt wish for a better start... thats something that world class players do.Besart Berisha confirmed Victorys lacklustre night by heading a sitter wide with five minutes remaining, much to Muscats angst.It was a disappointing night for us from start to finish, he said.They set the standard ... we didnt come to grips with it and we conceded a great goal.The biggest disappointment apart from the embarrassment, treating our fans to such a poor performance, was that we didnt recover. Custom Nike Oakland Athletics Jerseys . Malkin got tangled up with Detroits Luke Glendening early in the third period and his left skate took the brunt of collision with the boards behind Pittsburghs net. Custom Nike Baltimore Orioles Jerseys .S. Open champion Justin Rose birdied the first hole with a blind shot he hit to a foot of the pin, and he stayed in front Tuesday until he completed a 4-under 67 for a two-shot lead over Jason Dufner in PGA Grand Slam of Golf. https:///...les-dodgers-jerseys/ . Pirlo limped out of Sundays 1-0 win over Udinese after just 13 minutes. Juventus says Pirlo underwent tests on Monday which revealed he has "a second-degree lesion to the collateral medial ligament in his right knee. New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady?will turn 40 next summer but has said his goal is to play into the next decade.That goal seems right on track after Sundays 33-13 victory over the Browns, because it appears Brady wont be slowing down anytime soon. The four-time Super Bowl champion returned to action with a decisive performance, going 28-of-40 for 406 yards with three touchdowns after serving a four-game suspension to open the season as part of the NFLs Deflategate punishment.Not only did he look good against the Browns, he said he felt even better.I know Ive talked at length about how Ive felt over the years and I feel better now at 39 than I did when I was 29 -- and I feel like its due to a lot of things, Brady said during his weekly interview on The Kirk and Callahan Show on WEEI early Monday morning. I feel like Im in a good routine and if I play a game like I did [Sunday], I feel like by Wednesday practice, you know, Im geared up to go.Its not like I do a ton of running anyway. I just kind of stand back in the pocket and, drop back and make the throws. You know, you got to take some hits, but for the most parrt, quarterbacks can play a long time. Custom Nike Atlanta Braves Jerseys. Brady did do some running late in the third quarter, scrambling 4 yards to the right sideline to convert a first down. He promptly sprang to his feet to give a deliberate first-down signal in which he brought his right arm high into the air in front of him while his left hand rested on his right shoulder.I dont run much, so when I do, I think I was a little excited. Im glad we got the first down, he said after the game Sunday.Brady seemed to have little rust despite missing the first four weeks,?leading the Patriots to touchdowns on their first three drives.It comes back pretty quick, Brady told WEEI. Wednesday [practice] was decent, Thursday I felt a little better out there and Friday I felt way better than Thursday. So I was hoping Sunday Id feel better than I did on Friday.I think by the time I got out there for warm-ups, I felt kind of like, Man, Ive done this before.Information from ESPN Patriots reporter Mike Reiss was used in this report. ' ' ' 
Share: