s have allowed more than 30 points five times. Now they have to rebound from one of the worst ps have allowed more than 30 points five times. Now they have to rebound from one of the worst p | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Oct 11 '19
GREEN BAY, Wis. Clearance Nike Air Vapormax . -- For a group thrown for a loss by the unexpected release of its most recognizable member, the Green Bay Packers offensive line has come together nicely during the first four games.The unit was especially impressive during Sunday nights 23-16 victory over the New York Giants, paving the way for 147 rushing yards and giving quarterback Aaron Rodgers all kinds of time to throw. Rodgers dropped back to pass 50 times and was not sacked, despite facing top-flight edge rushers Olivier Vernon and Jason Pierre-Paul, while running back Eddie Lacy found running lanes despite the presence of hulking run-stuffing defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins.Our offensive line played extremely well, coach Mike McCarthy said Monday. I think like anything, it starts in the running game. Eddie ran hard, broke a lot of tackles, (and the) pass protection was excellent, particularly in the action passing game -- a number of opportunities to hold the ball (and) throw the ball downfield. Our offensive line had a very good night.Three-time Pro Bowl guard Josh Sitton was released on Sept. 1, an unexpected cut on the final preseason roster reduction. Players -- especially veteran guard T.J. Lang and tackles David Bakhtiari and Bryan Bulaga -- publicly questioned the wisdom of the move, especially when Sitton quickly signed with NFC North rival Chicago.Fourth-year guard Lane Taylor has stepped in and played well, despite having started just two career games before this season.I knew people would be worried. Ive only started two games before, Taylor said. Obviously no one wanted to see Josh leave, but when I became the starter, everyone was behind me and supported me. And we just went on about our business. I have to just keep it rolling.The unit also underwent a change at center, where JC Tretter has been starting with Corey Linsley, the No. 1 center the past two seasons, on the physically unable to perform list with a hamstring injury. Tretter has been solid in the middle, and he was vital to the Packers success against the Giants.We knew it was going to be a big challenge, Lang said. Obviously their D-ends are very, very good. Then you watch Hankins on film and he abuses a lot of guys. We knew it was going to be a challenge.According to Lang, the line rose to that challenge so impressively that it had Rodgers praising them in the huddle between plays.Aaron was saying some stuff in the huddle (about how) he thought the protection was pretty good. Thats something there that we can keep building off of, Lang said.Running back Eddie Lacy, who carried 11 times for 81 yards before leaving the game with a sprained left ankle, praised the group, too.What they did (Sunday))night, you cant ask for much more than that, he said. I really think we have the momentum going as far as running the ball. We just have to keep it up. We want to tire out defenses and take it through the rest of the season.Rodgers, meanwhile, was amazed by how much time his line afforded him on a night when he made several great throws but also had multiple misfires that contributed to an uneven performance.We had a good night running the football. Against two premier pass rushers who are getting paid a lot of money, we did a good job, he said. I thought I moved well enough but didnt have to a lot of times. I could stay in the pocket and thats a big credit to those guys up front.Rodgers said the offenses challenge now is to make sure other aspects -- including his own play -- measure up to the quality the offensive line is providing, starting with next Sundays game against the Dallas Cowboys at Lambeau Field.Were our biggest critic, myself included. Ive got to play a lot better, Rodgers said. Weve got to execute in the passing game as well as were doing up front and in the run game.Game notes McCarthy said Lacy underwent tests Monday on his ankle. I would say its not serious, McCarthy said, although he stopped short of saying Lacy would be OK to play against Dallas. . McCarthy said wide receiver Randall Cobb, who was hit in the neck and head on a late reception, was fine on Monday. . Both McCarthy and special teams coordinator Ron Zook acknowledged that punter Jake Schum is struggling, but McCarhty indicated that the team plans to stick with the second-year man. Cheap Nike Air Vapormax . -- The Missouri Tigers might not have a roster full of superstars. Nike Air Vapormax Online . Jason Zucker and Matt Cooke also scored for Minnesota, which has won five of six. Kuemper made five saves in the first, nine in the second, and nine in the third. The rookies best save came with 2:17 left in the third period when he denied former Wild forward Matt Cullen from just outside of the crease on the right side. https://www.fakevapormaxwholesale.com/ . Both players have lower body injuries that will keep them out of the lineup until at least January 31, which is the first game they can be activated from IR. MINNEAPOLIS -- With only four weeks left in the race, the West Division is thick with contenders for a trip to the Big Ten championship game.Minnesota has crept into the crowd, despite losing the first two conference games, with a boost from a soft middle of the schedule. Theres just one more game to win before the Gophers can dive into a daunting yet potentially stirring finish, but they simply cant afford to let daydreams of a December game in Indianapolis and being heavy favorites at home distract them from playing Purdue on Saturday.If we dont take it one game at a time its not going to happen, linebacker Nick Rallis said.The Gophers (6-2, 3-2) narrowly beat struggling Rutgers at home two weeks ago, but they sandwiched that one with convincing wins on the road over Maryland and most recently Illinois . Not having Michigan or Ohio State on the schedule this season has been a benefit to the Gophers, one they neednt apologize for after going through a gauntlet of top-20 teams last year. The breather would be wasted if they dont beat the Boilermakers (3-5, 1-4), though, because games at Nebraska and Wisconsin are looming the rest of the month along with a home matchup against Northwestern.Many of the Gophers have vivid memories of a 39-38 victory over Purdue at TCF Bank Stadium in 2014 , when they needed a 52-yard field goal to take the lead late in the fourth quarter after rallying from a 31-20 halftime deficit. Purdues skill-position speed overwhelmed Minnesota that afternoon, and that Gophers team in 2014 fared better than any other in the past 12 seasons.Two years ago they came in here and had me scrambling, said Minnesota coach Tracy Claeys, who was the defensive coordinator at the time. He added: So were going have to make sure were ready, or we wont win.Here are some key angles to know about the game:AIRING IT OUT: Purdue quarterback David Blough leads the Big Ten with 2,346 yards passing, averaging close to 300 yards per game. Hes been intercepted 12 times, but the Boilermakers remain the same threat to produce long gains and score quickly like they were while dicing up Minnesotas defense in 2014. DeAngelo Yancey has 557 yards annd six touchdowns . Cyber Monday Nike Air Vapormax. ome good athletes, Claeys said. Were going to have to have a great job of tackling.PIRSIG HEALING: Minnesota right tackle Jonah Pirsig, who has missed the last three games with a sprained ankle, was cleared to practice this week and could return to the lineup. Garrison Wright had switched from left tackle to fill in for Pirsig.Hes really excited and itching to get back in the huddle, quarterback Mitch Leidner said.INTERIM STRUGGLE: Interim coach Gerad Parker has had a rough start for Purdue since replacing the fired Darrell Hazell. The Boilermakers lost Parkers first two games, both to ranked opponents, by a combined score of 89-38. The bigger picture presents some hope for the 35-year-old former wide receivers coach, however. Four coaches have held the interim or acting tag in program history, and the three who filled in for more than one game all won at least three times.I think to have this position now and in the future, wherever it may be, Parker said, I embrace it because this is what Ive been called to do.BACK HOME: Freshman Brian Lankford-Johnson, Purdues second-leading rusher, is a native Minnesotan who played at Cretin-Derham Hall High School in St. Paul before moving to Florida to finish his prep career. He carried the ball 18 times for 127 yards and a touchdown last month in a win at Illinois.Hes a talented guy that deserves and will have a great career here, Parker said, but hes also got to learn how to do it all the time.THIRTY SOMETHING: Purdue has struggled under new defensive coordinator Ross Els. In the first eight games, the Boilermakers have allowed more than 30 points five times. Now they have to rebound from one of the worst performances in program history, having given up 45 second-half points to now-20th-ranked Penn State in a 62-24 rout at Ross-Ade Stadium. To be competitive against the Gophers, the Boilermakers must make some dramatic improvements.---For more college football coverage: http://www.collegefootball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 ' ' ' 
Share: