rs Edwin Moses, Willie Davenport and Renaldo Ners Edwin Moses, Willie Davenport and Renaldo Ne | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 29 '19
SONOMA, Calif. Black Friday Nike Air Max 97 . -- To call the 2015 season a disappointment for Team Penske would be an understatement. The organization had the positioning to win championships in both IndyCar and NASCAR, but came up empty in both series.The IndyCar defeat was a tough one: Juan Pablo Montoya had led the standings wire-to-wire but lost the title on a tiebreaker to Scott Dixon because Dixon won the season finale.This year, as Roger Penske celebrates his 50th season in racing, there was a dedication toward giving The Captain a title.Team Penske delivered Sunday when Simon Pagenaud won at Sonoma Raceway to wrap his first career IndyCar championship. It was the 14th series title for Penske, which also managed the first 1-2-3 sweep of the standings since another group of Penske drivers did it in 1994.Obviously, when you join a team like Team Penske, they deliver the best cars. They provide you the best equipment out there, Pagenaud said. As a driver, its your job to do the best job possible.The Frenchman won his first career IndyCar title in his sophomore season driving for Penske. Pagenaud only needed a smooth race to complete on this breakthrough season.Instead, he picked up his fifth win of the year and led a strong Penske finish to the final podium. A 14th IndyCar title -- and 29th in various forms of motorsports -- was guaranteed at the start of the race because only Pagenaud and teammate Will Power were mathematically eligible to win the title.Pagenaud entered the weekend 43 points ahead of Power, but earned an additional point for winning the pole. Then he led the most laps and won a race that was worth double points in the standings.What Im thinking about right now is, its been a long career, Pagenaud said. You start, seven years old. You go through a lot. I remember my first race in France in a go-kart. It was raining. I had my visor open because I had the wrong helmet.I still have that picture at home. The ground I covered since is quite incredible. I just feel so blessed to be a human that has been able to live his dream and get to this. I basically accomplished all the dreams I had.Pagenauds performance was a moot point, though: Power had mechanical issues 38 laps into the race that sealed the outcome.Obviously I saw Will slowing down, which I wanted this fight to go all the way, Pagenaud said. It was a bit of a relief, I have to say. I feel sorry for his luck.Probably needing to win to unseat Pagenaud, Power instead finished 20th. Pagenauds final margin was 127 points, the largest points win since Alex Zanardi defeated teammate Jimmy Vasser by 119 points in 1998.It was pretty realistic considering it was (worth) double points, Power said. Its just how it flows, when its your year, its your year, and Simon has done a phenomenal job to lead a 1-2-3 finish.Power finished second in the standings, Helio Castroneves was third and Chevrolet won its fifth consecutive manufacturer title since its return to IndyCar in 2012.PENSKE POWER: This has been a very strong year for the Penske organization, with the combination of Pagenaud, Power and Montoya winning 10 of the 16 races and 11 poles.Across all motorsports, Penske this year also achieved its 500th pole, its 100th victory in NASCARs top Sprint Cup Series, and now an additional championship. The Penske team still has another shot: Brad Keselowski and Joey Logano both had top-five finishes Sunday in the opening race of NASCARs playoff.I just think after last year, only winning three (IndyCar) races as a team, we were so determined to come back, Power said. We all contributed. To win 10 out of 16 races is pretty strong as a team.GOODBYE TARGET: Scott Dixon didnt give sponsor Target the send-off it had hoped after 27 years in IndyCar.Dixon started the day tied for third in the standings and trying to keep his streak of finishing third or better in the standings every year since 2007.But he had radio issues, had to change his helmet during a caution, and finished 17th. It dropped him to sixth in the final standings. Its the lowest Dixon has finished since 2005.MONTOYA MOVING ON? If Sunday was the final race for Montoya driving for Penske, he closed out his tenure on a strong note.Montoya finished third at Sonoma to bookend the year with podium finishes. He won the season-opener in St. Petersburg, Florida, but had a significant drop-off the rest of the way.Although Montoya won the Indianapolis 500 for Penske last year, the team owner is unsure if hell bring the Colombian back next year. Penske hopes to make a decision within 60 days on if hell field a fourth car, and who will drive it, and Montoya doesnt believe the door is closed yet on a return.ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: Alexander Rossi finished fifth on Sunday to lock up top rookie honors for the IndyCar season.Rossi won the Indianapolis 500 for a huge bright spot on a season he otherwise believes failed to live up to expectations. Rossi had just one podium all year.Hes yet to announce his 2017 plans, and his name began to surface Sunday as a possible Penske driver next year.Wouldnt that be nice, Rossi said after the race. Fake Nike Air Max 97 . McPhee said that Ovechkins father Mikhail is in stable condition after having the surgery this week and is no longer in intensive care. "Weve told him to stay as long as necessary with your dad," he said. Ovechkin and his Russian national team were eliminated from the mens hockey tournament in Sochi on Wednesday with a 3-1 quarter-final loss to Finland. Nike Air Max 97 China .com) - The Calgary Flames aim to bounce back from their first regulation home loss of the campaign on Friday night when they host a Detroit Red Wings club that they swept in three meetings a season ago. https://www.fakeairmax97wholesale.com/ . -- Playing time has been limited for Maxim Tissot this season, so the Montreal Impact defender made the most of his first scoring opportunity on Saturday. Olympic sprinter Tyson Gay is entered in this weeks USA Bobsled National Push Championships, making him the latest track star to give sledding a try.The push championships start Wednesday in Calgary, Alberta, and are the first step toward a potential spot on this seasons national team.Gay has competed in each of the past three Summer Olympics. He was part of a team that won a silver medal in the 4x100-meter relay at the London Games in 2012, though that medal was ultimately stripped after Gay tested positive for steroids at the U.S. championships in 2013 and served a one-year suspension. He also had all results annulled going back to July 15, 2012, a period that included that years Olympic competition.One runner who lost his London silver medal because of Gays positive test was Ryan Bailey, another bobsled rookie who is scheduled to compete in the push championships.Im still not over it, Bailey said last month, referring to having his medal taken away.Now they could be teammates once again.Bailey has impressed coaches so far, especially after winning the preliminary push championships on dry land in Lake Placid, New York, last month. This competition takes place on ice and Gay has been practicing sled-pushing for only a few days, according to USA Bobsled and Skeleton.But Gays speed figures to give him a chance to make a huge splash. His all-time best in the 100 meters is 9.69 seconds, a time bettered only by three-time reigning Olympic 100 champion and world-record holder Usain Bolt of Jamaica.Gay won world championship gold medals in 2007 in the 100- and 200-meter dashes, as well as part of the 4x100-meter relay.His 2008 Olympics were troubled by a bad hamstring that hurt his chances of medaling individuallyy, and a bad handoff in the 4x100 knocked the U. Cyber Monday Nike Air Max 97. S. out of the mix in that event. His 2012 Olympics were erased by the positive test, and what could have been a bronze medal in the relay at Rio last month was lost when the Americans were found to have made a bad handoff and were disqualified again.The Rio relay debacle was the ninth time since 1995 that the U.S. men were disqualified or failed to get the baton around at the Olympics or world championships. That doesnt include the medal that was lost in London after Gays doping ban.It has to be the worst luck for this country ever, Gay said in Rio. Its always something weird, stupid, simple mistakes that always cost us, and I dont understand.He might have a shot at joining a different sort of four-man team, one that runs together for a few seconds and then hops into a sled for a thrill ride down an icy mountainside chute.Gay follows a long line of speedsters who will try to push a sled, a list that includes Lauryn Williams -- a medalist in both the Summer and Winter Games -- as well as longtime U.S. hurdles star Lolo Jones, Rio Games double gold medalist Tianna Bartoletta and former mens competitors Edwin Moses, Willie Davenport and Renaldo Nehemiah.Jones, a 2014 Sochi Olympian, will be in the womens push competition, as will 2014 Olympic bronze medalist Aja Evans.In all, 56 competitors are entered in the championships, which start with solo events Wednesday and combination events Friday and Saturday. Drivers will analyze results before selecting their team for national team trials, which begin in Lake Placid next month. ' ' ' 
Share: