e said.You hear them tug on your heartstrings a little bit and that clouds your d | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Sep 22 '19
Multiple Group One winning jockey Damian Browne will ride stakes performer Rudy for the first time with trainer Helen Page electing not to claim on the gelding. Adidas NMD R1 Sverige .Rudy will be having his first start since finishing 10th in the Group Two Brisbane Cup in June when he starts in Saturdays Open Hcp (1350m) at Doomben.The gelding has won only one race in almost two years but as a 103 rating horse has 61.5kg.Page considered using a claiming apprentice on Rudy but in the end decided a better option was a senior jockey of Brownes experience.Browne has been riding regularly for Page and recently won on Powerful Saga for her at Doomben.They havent missed Rudy at the weights but it is no use whingeing. I could have claimed but Damian is one of the best jockeys in Australia so why not go with him, Page said.She said Rudy had been tuned up for Saturdays assignment with a good second in a trial at the Gold Coast last month.The trial was won by Fiery Heights who is a quick 1000 metre horse and Rudy finished off nicely, she said.Rudy is a noted fresh horse although his best strike rate is second-up.Storms have again been forecast for Brisbane which will suit Rudy who has won four times on heavy tracks.Rudy won the 2014 Group Two Villiers Stakes at Randwick and is being aimed at this years version on December 16.There is a $100,000 bonus if you can win the Villiers and the Bernborough Stakes at Eagle Farm (December 31) so at this stage we are hoping to head that way, Page said.Rudy ran fourth in the 2015 Doncaster Mile and Page has the Sydney autumn in the back of her mind for the gelding although another crack at the Brisbane winter carnival is more likely.We have to get through the summer first. But we decided to miss the spring to concentrate on the summer so lets hope it works, she said.Rudy has been a great money spinner for his breeder, Chinchilla doctor Tom Clarke, and his brothers Don and David. NMD Skor Billigt . The Cincinnati Reds remain perfect with their speedy rookie outfielder in the starting lineup. Adidas NMD XR1 Sverige . Newcastle dominated in the early stages but City weathered the storm and then raised its game in extra time. Negredo broke the deadlock from close range after a simple move in the 99th minute before Dzeko took the ball round goalkeeper Tim Krul to seal the victory in the 105th. http://www.nmdsverige.com/nmd-r1-adidas-skor.html . Coach Mike Munchak says Fokou stretched ligaments in his left knee Oct. 13 against Seattle, which could keep out up to five weeks even though the linebacker didnt need surgery. Corey Enright admits the tears after Geelongs preliminary-final loss were a strong sign that his AFL career was over.But the Cats great said he only made the final decision on Sunday, after a week of soul-searching and conversations with several people inside and outside the club.The three-time Geelong premiership player announced his retirement on Wednesday, after a club-record 332 games.Geelongs season ended with the preliminary-final loss to Sydney and Enright cried as he walked off the MCG, heightening speculation that the end was imminent.Enright also admitted he had been thinking throughout this season that it might be his last.It wasnt until Sunday afternoon, after the grand final had finished and all the emotions had gone, he said.But I guess being so emotional (after the preliminary final) actually tells you something - that maybe your time is up.So it probably did saying something to me, that my time was up, and I was thinking that way for most of the season.Enright is a six-time All-Australian player and has the rare distinction of earning the last of those selections in his final season.He said there was a lot to ponder, given his form was still strong and the Cats would go into next season as premiership hopefuls.It wasnt an easy decision, but (itts) something Im comfortable with right now, he said. NMD Dam Rea. It was more about how I was feeling.Im proud of the fact that I can go out on my terms and I guess still playing good footy, so that was something that sits pretty well with me.It wasnt easy, playing in a preliminary final and getting so close, being a realistic chance next year to contend again.All those things, you take into consideration.Enright is unsure what he will do next - now the decision is made, he wants time to clear his head and have some family time.The Cats wanted him to continue and Enright said several teammates had made that clear to him.Its obviously hard when it comes from your teammates, who you love and youve played so much footy with, he said.You hear them tug on your heartstrings a little bit and that clouds your decision, because you dont want to let them down.After he told the club officially on Monday, Enright had a beer with captain Joel Selwood to explain the decision.Not surprisingly, Enright also has the rare satisfaction of no major regrets about ending his career.I can sleep pretty well at night - I felt like Ive given my all, he said. ' ' '
Share: