, explaining that she felt less nervous in | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 20 '19
Gold Coast will make a stance in their pursuit of compensation from rival AFL clubs for the signature of midfielder Jaeger OMeara. Custom Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys .The Suns announced on Thursday the 22-year-old West Australian product had notified the club of his intention to find a new home for the 2017 season.OMeara has been linked with a move to a Melbourne-based club for several months but throughout, the Suns have been desperate to retain the 2013 Rising Star.With OMeara not qualifying as a free agent, the Suns say they wont be giving the highly-rated midfielder away cheaply.If an appropriate compensation package cannot be reached, then OMearas only other option is to enter this years draft in the search for a new club.Its the right time for the club to make a stance, Suns chairman Tony Cochrane said.We do so for the sake of our current players, supporters, partners and the thousands of junior AFL participants who are building the foundation of this club.OMeara played 44 games in his first two seasons of senior football but hasnt played since the final round of the 2014 campaign.Cochrane said OMearas decision to leave the Suns was disappointing after the amount of patience and time the club had invested in the star.The club traded two first round selections to the GWS Giants to secure Jaeger as a 17-year-old, spent 12 months developing him prior to him being eligible to make his AFL debut, saw him impress on-the field in his first two seasons and have then spent the last two seasons investing time and resources into rehabilitating his knee following multiple surgeries with the clubs utmost support, he said.With that being the case, Jaeger is on the market to a club that can provide us compensation we are prepared to accept.OMearas decision comes a week after it was reported Dion Prestia had also told the Suns he was leaving with Richmond his preferred destination.The 23-year-old Melbourne product is yet to have his future confirmed but looks almost certain to join OMeara in exiting the Suns after the 2016 season. Wholesale Dodgers Jerseys . -- The plastic that was taped across the lockers in Oaklands clubhouse came down and the champagne that was on ice went back into the cooler. Los Angeles Dodgers Gear . The lawyers filed a 33-page amended complaint Tuesday in federal court in Manhattan, expanding on the suit originally filed Oct. 3 in New York Supreme Court. Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz last week refused to compel Selig to testify in the grievance, and Rodriguez then walked out of the hearing without testifying. https:///...-jersey-dodgers.html . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. EUGENE, Ore. -- When 19-year-old Allie Ostrander crossed the finish line in the 5,000-meter semifinal at the U.S. Olympic track and field trials, she had one thought on her mind: find Molly Huddle. Before they went to the interview area, before every runner started warmups and headed back to their hotels, before she did anything else, Ostrander needed to find Huddle.She wasnt just looking for the competitor with which she had just raced. She was looking for the American record-holder and one of her running idols.And when Ostrander found Huddle, she had one simple request: Could she sign an autograph for a big fan?I think she thought I was joking, Ostrander said. But I was 100 percent serious.I think of us closer to peers, Huddle said. I mean, shes in the finals.Ostrander, Huddle and 14 other runners will compete for the three spots on the Olympic roster in Saturdays 5,000 final. Huddle has already secured a trip to Rio following her 10,000-meter U.S. trials win, while Ostrander is excited to have the chance to race after spending two months this winter rehabbing a tibia injury.Fridays semifinal performance was a big statement for the Boise State freshman -- it was her first 5,000-meter run on the track and yet another feather in her cap as a piece of the bright future of American distance running.But she knew it was obvious to spectators -- as she was the only competitor in a collegiate singlet -- that she was the fish out of water in this pros race.Looking both ways on the start line, you kind of have to collect yourself and be like, Theyre just people, theyre not super-humans. You can run with them, Ostrander said. So I had to take a few deep breaths and realize that I was here for a reason.That reason? Running very well. Preliminary rounds in distance events arent typically a great inndicator of whats to come since its more about placement than time, but she said shes ready to race competitively heading into the finals. Gary Sheffield Dodgers Jersey. And Huddle knows she will be an idol to Ostrander in that race, and competition.All these girls are running so well, so young, Huddle said. I think its just going to be even better than it is now in a few years, so thats really encouraging. It just goes back to Shalane [Flanagan] and Kara [Goucher]. I remember when they first came out and they were running 14:40s and I was like, Is that even possible to do?I think when you see someone doing that and then you chase that, you can come out better. Hopefully that pattern keeps going.Other teens to watch this weekendAriana Washington, 19, 200-meter semifinals (Saturday): Despite winning her first-round heat with a time of 22.95, Washington said she actually relaxed coming off the curve. The rain had started to really pour shortly before Washingtons heat, but she said it didnt really bother her after spending the last year with the University of Oregon track team. Its Oregon, she said. You never know. If it rains, it rains. If it doesnt, even better.Sydney McLaughlin, 16, 400-meter hurdle final (Sunday): McLaughlin was pretty surprised to have won her semifinal heat Friday, explaining that she felt less nervous in her second race at Hayward Field. It calmed down, McLaughlin said. I think getting the first [race] out is always the hardest. Her 55.23 time was the second-fastest of the day, giving her great lane placement for the final. Without world-leading Shamier Little in the final (she failed to qualify out of the semis), theres a path for McLaughlin to land in Rio. ' ' ' 
Share: