ns signed veteran defensive end Antonio Smith to take his spot on the roster.The Texans did get a bit of good news on Wednesda | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 20 '19
Rising heavyweight contender Jarrell Big Baby Miller and promoter Dmitriy Salita are in a fight over his promotional contract that appears as though it will get ugly. NMD XR1 White Canada .Miller (18-0-1, 16 KOs), 28, of Brooklyn, New York, has been brought along by Salita over the past 2? years to the point where he has been a regular on Showtimes ShoBox: The New Generation series and is on the verge of bigger fights.However, Miller said Tuesday that Salita has breached their contract, and Miller has declared himself a promotional free agent.Miller said that his attorney, Leon Margules, who is also the head of promotional company Warriors Boxing, sent Salita a letter notifying Salita that because of breaches and persistent wrongdoings, the promotional agreement that Miller and Salita entered into on March 15, 2014, is terminated and that Miller is free to seek other opportunities in furtherance of his career.Miller, who is coming off a third-round knockout of veteran Fred Kassi on Aug. 19, has had four consecutive appearances -- and four straight knockouts -- on Showtime and has emerged as one of the most exciting American heavyweight up-and-comers.After defeating Fred Kassi on Aug. 19, on ShoBox, my success clearly should have been a time of celebration, with the eyes of the boxing world tuned into a coming-out party for the future heavyweight champion of the world, Miller said. Instead, I was forced into the unwanted position of having to consult legal counsel on my promotional status. The truth is that I have done everything within my power to move up the ranks of the heavyweight division. I have defeated all comers in spectacular fashion. And I have helped to promote my career both inside and outside the ring.I have willingly accepted each and every challenge put before me. I have sacrificed my time and energy. And as everyone in the world of boxing knows, I, as well as all boxers, have put my health and safety on the line each and every time that I enter the ring. Although I do not wish to detail all the specific breaches perpetrated upon me under the promotional agreement, it is important to state that not only was I not paid my base minimum purses under this agreement, but I was grossly underpaid based upon the difficulty and significance of some of these bouts. But besides the issue of compensation, I can clearly state that my promoter failed to act in good faith and failed to make best efforts to promote my career.Salita, a former professional fighter who fought for a junior world title against Amir Khan in 2009, quickly responded to Millers assertions and said their agreement remains intact.Unfortunately, this is what happens in boxing, Salita said. You bring a guy up from the ground level, and when he starts getting up there, the wolves start whispering in his ear.I have recently become aware that AB Promotions and Warriors Boxing have been tortuously interfering with my companys exclusive promotional agreement with Jarrell Miller. My promotional agreement with Mr. Miller is valid and subsisting, and I intend to vigorously pursue all of my legal rights and remedies against Mr. Miller and those responsible for inducing him to breach the promotional agreement. I am confident in my legal position and look forward to prevailing in court.Salita said that although he has sent out cease and desist letters notifying promoters not to talk to Miller, the issue at least has a silver lining.It also shows what a great job I have done, Salita said. The heavyweight division had no American stars on the horizon before Jarrell came along. Now hes all over the media, adding color and flare to the division. Im working on several opportunities for Jarrell to stay active and lock down a title opportunity in the next six to 12 months. Showtime is committed to the heavyweight division, and I am honored to have had their support and have Jarrell as my headliner [Aug. 19]. Adidas NMD For Sale Canada . Wilson hit Schenn from behind during Tuesday nights game in Philadelphia, earning a five-minute major for charging and a game misconduct. He has a phone hearing with the department of player safety, which limits any potential suspension to five or fewer games. NMD R1 Canada . 1, meaning problems for the doping controls at both major international sports events next year. The World Anti-Doping Agency provisionally suspended the Moscow Antidoping Center on Sunday, saying its operations must improve or a six-month ban on the facilitys accreditation will be imposed. http://www.nmdshoescanada.com/ultra-boost-cheap-canada/2019.html .ca! Hi Kerry, Its another day and here we are looking at another dubious hit to the head. In this case Blue Jackets forward Brandon Dubinsky elbowed Saku Koivu in the head about a second after he dished off the puck to a teammate, knocking him unconscious. HOUSTON -- J.J. Watt is out until at least December and could miss the rest of the season with an injured back, leaving the Texans searching for ways to deal with the loss of the NFLs best defensive player.Watt was placed on injured reserve on Wednesday, which means hell be out for a minimum of eight weeks.You can never replace the best player in the NFL, coach Bill OBrien said. When someone like that goes down, its a tough thing obviously, but at the same time ... this is a team.A team made up of some really good veteran leaders, some really good young players. Were looking forward to the challenges that are ahead.OBrien said Watt had re-injured his back and putting him on IR was the best thing for his long-term health.Its flared up to the point where he cant continue to play right now, OBrien said. Going on IR will give J.J. all the time he needs to make sure that hes 100 percent healthy and back to being himself.The team was still exploring the injury and its unclear if it will require surgery.Watt, who has won the Defensive Player of the Year for the past two seasons, missed training camp and Houstons four preseason games after surgery in July to repair a herniated disk in his back. The defensive end started each of the teams three regular-season games and got hurt again Thursday against the Patriots.Some have wondered if Watts latest setback came because he returned too quickly from surgery in July. OBrien dismissed that suggestion.J.J. did absolutely everything he could do to get back on the field after surgery this summer, he said. He followed his doctors orders, he played it smart. He passed every test before being cleared to play.Watt is the latest star player to suffer a significant injury this season after Dallas quarterback Tony Romo, Minnesota running back Adrian Peterson and Cleveland Browns quarterback Robert Griffin III have all been placed on injured reserve in recent weeks.Watt tweeted a statement that did not provide details on his injury.This wont be fun, but it is necessary in order for me to return to 100 percent and play at the level that I am capable of playing at, the post said.Everybody deals with adversity in their lives, many much worse than what Im going through. I have great people around me and I appreciate the thoughts and well wishes from all of you.I am looking forward to the fight back to the top and to the next time that I can step back on that field with my brothers to play the game that I love.IIts a major setback for Houston, which selected Watt with the 11th overall pick in the 2011 draft. NMD R1 Canada Sale. Watt has played 83 consecutive games for the Texans despite various injuries, including torn core muscles and a broken hand last season.Defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel wouldnt say who would start in his place on Sunday against the Titans, but acknowledged that everyone on defense will need to pitch in.When you have that kind of ability and that kind of playmaking its hard to replace with one guy, Crennel said.So were going to ask all the guys on defense to pick it up, to put a little extra in it and see if we can gain some of those plays that J.J. used to make.Though the coaching staff isnt pointing at one player to make up for the loss of Watt, the Texans could certainly use a big season from Jadeveon Clowney .The top overall pick in the 2014 draft has started to show progress this season after failing to make much of an impact in his first two injury-filled seasons.With Watt relegated to the sideline, he knows that people will be looking to him to show the talent that made him a No. 1 pick.Other guys ... including myself got to step up and try to replace him, Clowney said. So Im looking forward to big things out of the front and the other guys around to pick it up for him.This was a tough offseason for Watt, who had surgery in January to repair five torn core muscles before going under the knife again in July to repair his back.Watt, who led the NFL with 17+ sacks last season, has 1+ sacks this season to give him 76 for his career .The 27-year-old is a three-time Defensive Player of the Year winner and a four-time Pro Bowler.Hes been a force since entering the league not only because of his pass-rushing prowess, but also because of his uncanny ability to swat down passes. He has 45 passes defended in his six-year career. He has forced 15 fumbles and recovered 13.The Texans signed veteran defensive end Antonio Smith to take his spot on the roster.The Texans did get a bit of good news on Wednesday amid dealing with Watts injury with linebacker Brian Cushing returning to practice for the first time since spraining the medial collateral ligament in his right knee in the season opener. His status for Sundays game is uncertain.---Online: AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP-NFL ' ' ' 
Share: