d by many sports field mad by many sports field ma | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Sep 18 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Message to Russia from race walkings new Olympic champion: Youd be welcomed back, but dope-free. Cheap NFL Jerseys China .After victory in the longest athletics event at the Rio Games, the mens 50-kilometer race walk, Matej Toth of Slovakia said Russia deserved the ban that kept all its track and field athletes, bar a long jumper who failed to medal, out of the Olympics because of systematic, state-sanctioned doping.But Slovakias first ever medalist of any color in athletics also said he hopes Russia will earn its way back into the sports graces very soon. Russias walkers could be very good without doping, Toth said, The only question is when they will be able to realize it -- that we can do it without doping.Now its up to Russian athletics, its up to race walkers, to change their mind, said Toth, who added the Olympic gold to his 2015 world title.With a late surge, Toth pushed Jared Tallent into the silver-medal spot. The Australians consolation was that at least this time he wasnt second behind a Russian dope cheat, as was the case at the 2012 London Olympics -- a stolen gold medal subsequently redistributed to Tallent nearly four years late.Unwelcome this time, the Russians werent missed on Friday. Race walking was among the most tainted of Russian sports.They deserved this punishment, especially in race walking, there (are) many, many athletes with positive tests, Toth said.He blew a kiss at the camera and picked up a Slovakian flag from a bystander to drape across his shoulders before crossing the line in 3 hours, 40:58 minutes.As in London, Tallent wont get to experience the glory of standing atop the Olympic medal podium. Last time, he was deprived of that pleasure by Russian doper Sergei Kirdyapkin, subsequently disqualified. This time, Tallent said he has no qualms.Were going to have a clean podium again, Tallent said. Very different to London; theres no suspicions this time around.He finished in 3:41:16 for his fourth Olympic medal -- one gold, now two silvers and one bronze -- from three games.Behind them, Hirooki Arai of Japan crossed the line in third place ahead of Evan Dunfee. Dunfee was initially bumped to bronze after Arai was disqualified for elbowing the Canadian when overtaking him. But Arais appeal was successful and the bronze was reinstated.Dunfee said even if he subsequently appealed to the Court of Arbitration for Sport and was successful he would not have been able to receive that medal with a clear conscience.Contact is part of our event, whether written or unwritten and is quite common, and I dont believe that this was malicious or done with intent, Dunfee said in a statement.World record holder Yohann Diniz of France initially undulated to what looked like a commanding lead.But the high school sports coach was then stricken by stomach problems, even keeling over at one point in the heat and scorching sun before continuing, his legs wobbling like cooked spaghetti at times. He persevered to a gritty seventh place.With 10K remaining, Tallent had a narrow lead and looked comfortable. A karmic victory seemed within reach, payback after the bitterness of London and other races where drug cheats have beaten him and following his repeated calls for a ban of Russias dope-riddled walking team.But he faded in the final kilometers and couldnt respond when Toth strode past him, all hips and elbows.I just pushed, Toth said. It was all from my body, from my heart, from my brain, from my head.Tallent said that in his eagerness to make amends for London, he expended too much energy, too soon. He only received his Olympic gold from 2012 this June -- 1,405 days late -- in a ceremony in drizzly rain in front of the Old Treasury Building in Melbourne -- a far cry from being crowned in London.I thought I had it. I probably got a bit too excited. I was feeling really good. I was patient all throughout the race and just when I needed to be a little bit more patient, I went for it.I just ran out of legs with about 4K to go, he added. I wanted to be Olympic champion for more than a few months. Cheap Jerseys 2020 . Detroit and Boston are deadlocked, 1-1, and Tigers manager Jim Leyland could be forgiven if he was caught rationalizing instead of dissecting how his club could blow a 5-1 lead late in Game 2. NFL Jerseys 2020 . Tracey comes to the Blue Bombers after spending over a decade with Queens University. Most recently he was the schools assistant football coach. https://www.nfljerseys2020.com/ . The Vikings announced Thursday that Priefer will be one of seven holdovers from the previous staff, along with offensive line coach Jeff Davidson, wide receivers coach George Stewart and others. Norv Turner will mark his 30th year of coaching in the NFL as the offensive co-ordinator, as widely reported for weeks, and George Edwards will be the defensive co-ordinator. What began as a summer job working at a golf course has blossomed into a 26-year sports turf management career that has allowed Amy Fouty to experience the Michigan-Michigan State rivalry as both a Wolverine and a Spartan.Fouty, who grew up in Wisconsin, has been Michigan States sports turf manager since 2003. Joining Michigan State made complete sense for her, considering she was part of its turf-grass management program from 1994 to 1996. But consider the fact she moved to East Lansing from rival Ann Arbor after she was Michigans head groundskeeper from 1999 to 2003.She has learned from Michigan legend Lloyd Carr and current Michigan State head coach Mark Dantonio, who praised Foutys on-field abilities.Amy and her staff do a tremendous job with the turf, Dantonio said. This is like her baby, so theres never a question in my mind that shes going to do everything she can to make sure the turf is in a playable condition, and I really think we have one of the greatest fields in the country. I really dont worry about it because shes a perfectionist and that gives me a great peace of mind. Ive been that way since Ive been here.The following is Foutys story, in her words:Growing up in a sports-centered familyBefore I knew anything about sports turf management, I always joked that my dream job would be to take care of Lambeau Field. I grew up outside of Milwaukee, and even though my mother was a nurse and father was a geologist, sports and sporting events were consistently intertwined with my family. Whether it was playing softball, watching the Milwaukee Bucks or tailgating at a Brewers game, we were constantly doing something sports related. Even during all family holidays, we would get together with my grandparents and huddle around the TV to watch whatever game was on that night. My grandparents were both huge influences on my life, and whenever my grandpa would work on the yard, he would let me help.Finding my home turfAfter studying psychology at Carroll College in Waukesha, Wisconsin, I worked at a golf course in Whitmore Lake, Michigan. I was responsible for 350 acres, managing the staff and purchasing all of the golf course supplies and equipment. It gave me relevant experience in all phases of managing a large scale operation and prepared me for my next position at the University of Michigan.Michigan was my first foray into the world of Division I college athletics, but being tasked with maintaining one of the most historic college football fields of all time didnt faze me. Being able to manage my emotions and not get too high or low in the moment is essential when leading people. I went in with the knowledge that its my job to prepare as if each game is the most important game of the season and translate that to my team in a way they can process and function.Great leaders leadFormer Michigan head coach Lloyd Carr taught me about football from a coachs perspective. I would watch game film with the coaches and the team to gain a better understanding of the teams playing style and how each player movement was affected by or affecting the playing surface.Over the years, I have continued to ask Michigan States head coach Mark Dantonio and the other great coaches I work with to mentor me in the specific sports they coach. This allows me to continue to incorporate the science of turf-grass management and the art of field preparation. With that knowledge, my staff and I can provide the highest quality playing surface possible for our student-athletes.I am fortunate to be able to watch and learn how great programs are developed and maintained from the inside, through good times and through adversity. I will always be grateful for Coach Carrs and Coach Dantonios insights into the game of football and to get to see their individual leadership styles of the student-athletes and support staff on display.The rivalryI did not grow up in Michigan, so the rivalry was not something I understood or considered when I left Michigan to go to Michigan State. As you work at any place, you see things and experience things that help you gain a unique and diverse perspective. I would not be where I am as a person or professional without my experiences at both Michigan and Michigan State.One of the differences between the schools is their respective playing surfaces. There are many challenges in maintaining both artificial and natural surfaces, but the bottom line is that a good grass field is preferred over an excellent artificial surface when it comes to wear and tear on the athletes. This has been substantiated through NFLPA playing surface opinion surveys and injury data collection statistics.The field at Spartan SStadiumOne of the most important things about the field at Spartan Stadium is that it is a representation of our agricultural tradition at MSU. Stitched NFL Jerseys. Michigan State was the first land grant institution in the country and we are very proud to represent our agricultural roots while taking on the responsibility that is maintaining the field at Spartan Stadium.We have a small crew and one full-time assistant who manage a number of different outdoor facilities and fields, all of which feature Kentucky bluegrass. For football games, the university decides what the midfield logo will be, and unlike the NFL, we do not make changes to our markings. In addition to football games at the stadium, during my time at Michigan State weve hosted other special events and concerts that include top bands like U2.Measure twice, cut onceFootball field preparation for the season begins the day after the spring game. Our focus is to grow a high-quality playing surface and maintain field health throughout the summer. About 95 percent of the time, this five-month period will determine the overall success or failure of the field during the season. Planning and proper execution is always the key to success.All preparations for game days occur the week prior to the game, so monitoring the weather is almost a sport in and of itself. In a perfect world, the Sunday following a Saturday game we will finish field repairs and clean up select areas around the field; Monday we let the field rest and recover; Tuesday we mow; and Wednesday and Thursday we paint. Painting is a two-day venture with all of the markings and logos we have to detail and keep fresh.Fridays are our busy days because after we mow and detail specific areas, we coordinate with the Michigan State production liaison to work with TV production crews. All interviews are scheduled and approved for specific times when we can be present.During the actual game, we watch the field closely even though there are typically no in-game repairs to be made. By the fourth quarter, I have reviewed the weather for the upcoming week and already have a game plan for the maintenance and repair of the field. After we assist all postgame on-field activities involving the band, cheerleaders and media, my assistant and I discuss next weeks agenda for the impending game. This entire process takes about an hour or two.Our biggest rival: The weatherThe week of game preparation in East Lansing without weather challenges are rare. We do our best to prepare the field so playing conditions are as consistent as possible. We have incorporated new technologies, such as temperature and moisture sensors in our natural grass fields, to assist us in our everyday field maintenance.Every situation involving weather is different and every game prep week presents its own challenges. The two most extreme games Ive been a part of came in 2014 against Rutgers in our final home game of the season and in our second game of the season in 2011 against Florida Atlantic. Prior to kickoff against Rutgers, we had to plow the field and shovel the stadium in single-digit temperatures. That was an incredible undertaking and the hardest working week in my life. Against Florida Atlantic, it rained cats and dogs all game, which is usually the cause of extraordinary wear and tear between the hashmarks. In both instances, the field responded and played quite well. Weather preparation is learned through the years and each conquered weather event is a badge of honor in our profession.#TurfTipHaving worked in this profession for almost 30 years, friends and family always ask me for lawn care advice. My #TurfTip is to remember to fertilize twice a year, and personally I like to take advantage of holiday weekends like Memorial Day and Labor Day.Embracing the moment at the place I loveI dont prepare for a game based on the other team. My focus is getting the field as perfect as possible for our teams playing style. Every game on the calendar is a big game to us, with the most important game being the next one.My favorite parts of working in turf are the people and relationships Ive built over the years. I have been fortunate to befriend and be mentored by many sports field managers that I have met as a member of the Sports Turf Managers Association.In terms of loyalty, I have been blessed to work at MSU for 12 years. The university has fully entrusted me with the responsibility to maintain some of their highest profile facilities. At Michigan State, we like to say we set the stage for greatness. ' ' ' 
Share: