I came back (to Brisbane), I had a decision to make about coI came back (to Brisbane), I had a decision to make about co | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Aug 3 '19
OAKLAND, Calif. Andrew Whitworth Womens Jersey . -- Rich Hill didnt last very long in what was supposed to be a key start for the Athletics pitcher.With about a dozen major league scouts in attendance to check out the Oakland lefty -- a potential trade candidate -- Hill threw just five pitches before a blister on the middle finger of his left hand popped and forced him out of the game.Things didnt get much better after that for manager Bob Melvins ballclub.Former As third baseman Josh Donaldson hit a tiebreaking two-run double with two outs in the ninth and the Toronto Blue Jays held on to beat Oakland 5-3 on Sunday to avoid a series sweep.Its just disappointing, thats the biggest thing, said Hill, who had been scratched from a scheduled start on Friday because of the blister issue. It opened up pretty good. It was bleeding. Its pretty raw right now.Hill wasnt the only As pitcher hurting.His replacement, Andrew Triggs, was hit in the leg by a line drive from Donaldson moments after Hill was taken out. Triggs finished the inning, giving up an unearned run when left fielder Khris Davis misplayed Edwin Encarnacions single for an error, before Melvin brought in Manaea.Oakland used seven pitchers overall.After losing two pitchers in the first inning with a limited bullpen to start, we played pretty well, Melvin said. We responded pretty well. Nice little fight until the end.Troy Tulowitzki homered while Russell Martin and Justin Smoak added two hits apiece for Toronto.Marcus Semien homered for the As.Smoak and Junior Lake hit consecutive one-out singles off John Axford (3-3) in the ninth. Devon Travis struck out looking before Donaldson lined a 2-1 pitch down the left field line to drive in pinch-runner Andy Burns and Lake.We desperately needed that as a team, Toronto manager John Gibbons said. We had the little lead, they came back and tied it. Thats a big win for us.Jason Grilli (3-1) retired three batters for the win. Roberto Osuna pitched the ninth for his 19th save.Tulowitzki hit his 16th home run of the season off Sean Manaea in the fourth.Semien homered and Yonder Alonso added a tying pinch-hit two-run double in the sixth.OPEN SPOTManaea was scheduled to start Tuesday but the As will likely have to find someone else after the rookie left-hander threw 69 pitches over five innings of relief. Manaea threw a bullpen session on Saturday so it would be a stretch to ask him to come back on one day of rest. Melvin also ruled out using Hill in that spot. He wont be on Tuesday, Melvin said. Well figure something out in the meantime.TRAINERS ROOMAthletics: Triggs was diagnosed with a bruised left calf. ... LHP Ross Detwiler, was acquired from the Cleveland Indians in exchange for cash, was sent to Triple-A Nashville.UP NEXTAthletics: RHP Kendall Graveman (5-6) starts against Houston on Monday at the Coliseum. Graveman beat the Astros in his most recent outing July 9. Orlando Pace Youth Jersey .875,000, avoiding arbitration. Clippards deal Monday means all eight Nationals players who filed for arbitration wound up settling before a hearing. Torry Holt Womens Jersey . -- Whether Jeremy Hill deserves a prominent role in LSUs offence this early in the season is a matter for debate. http://www.ramsrookiestore.com/Rams-Jared-Goff-Jersey/ .S. -- Nikolaj Ehlers registered a hat trick for the third straight game and Jonathan Drouin had a goal and five assists as the Halifax Mooseheads hammered the host Cape Breton Screaming Eagles 10-1 on Tuesday in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Wayne Bennett believes Stephen Kearney can be the circuitbreaking coach the Warriors need to finally unlock the NRL clubs potential.Kearney was announced as the Warriors new boss on Tuesday, replacing Andrew McFadden, who was demoted to an assistant role.Currently Bennetts right-hand man in Brisbane, the former Kiwi Test second-rower will officially commence the new job once the Broncos finals campaign is over.Bennett believes the Warriors have made a smart choice, describing Kearney as a coach on top of his game who will know precisely how to sort out their issues.Despite some of the best on-paper talent in the competition, the New Zealand franchise havent made the finals since 2011, with Kearney to become their seventh coach since then.I hope he is (the right coach) for their sake, Bennett said.The game needs them to be good; the game needs every club to be good.Im pleased for Steve - its a club Im sure is close to his heart.Hes been a wonderful Kiwi player and a great coacch for them so its obviously something thats got a lot of appeal to him, to go back home and have the opportunity to coach there in his own right. Los Angeles Rams Jerseys. In Kearneys last stint as a NRL coach, he quit Parramatta with three rounds to go in the 2012 season after guiding them to just 10 wins in 42 games.However, he has been New Zealands Test coach since 2008, with Bennett famously serving as his assistant when they won the World Cup that year.When I came back (to Brisbane), I had a decision to make about coaches, Bennett said.I did keep him on because Ive worked with him in the New Zealand team and he brings up that predictability, that consistency you need.Hes on top of his game, knows the things youve got to do every day, what youve got to drive, culture - all those things.Theyve got themselves a really good coach and I hope he does really well. ' ' ' 
Share: