," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 16 '19
OSLO, Norway -- Usain Bolt bounced back from a rare defeat with a track record at the Bislett Games on Thursday in his debut 200 metres of the season. Marcus Williams Saints Jersey. "Im not in as bad shape as I thought I was," Bolt said. Bolt, who lost the 100 metres by one hundredth of a second in Rome the week before, answered concerns about his condition by finishing in 19.79 seconds, the fastest long sprint run by anyone this season. "Overall it was a good run, I cant complain. Its sub 20," said the Jamaican, who holds the world record at the distance in 19.19. "I could have done better. I think I need to work on my corners but otherwise it was a good race." Norways Jaysuma Saidy Ndure finished second with a season best 20.36 seconds, with James Ellington of Britain third in 20.55. "I knew (Ndure) was going to make sure I ran the corner pretty hard so it was good to have somebody in the mix that runs fast, because it helps for you to push yourself." Bolt finished three hundredths of a second quicker than Frank Fredericks of Namibia did in 1996 to set the new Bislett record. The Jamaican is the only athlete to break the 20 second mark over 200 metres this season. After losing to American Justin Gatlin in Rome last week, Bolt didnt even let a false start from European 200 champion Churandy Martina of the Netherlands put him off. Martina was disqualified and Bolt powered on regardless at the second attempt, finishing strongly in lane six to leave the crowd on its feet. "Its always good to have someone directly in front of you," said Bolt of Martina, who had been in lane seven. "It helps to push you harder to get past them on the corner. But you have to learn. This is always good, a learning curve. If it happens in the world championships, then its already happened here so you know how to deal with it." Bolt was disqualified for a false start at the 2011 world championships in South Korea. "I know how it feels, its not a good feeling," he laughed. Earlier, Olympic champion Meseret Defar of Ethiopia delighted the crowd by running the fastest womens 5,000 in a world-leading 14:26.90. There was a surprise in the high jump, where Russias Olympic bronze medallist Svetlana Shkolina jumped 1.97 metres to beat Olympic and world champion Anna Chicherova into third. Emma Green-Tregaro of Sweden was second. Croatias Blanka Vlasic could only tie for fifth as she makes her return from a long-standing Achilles injury. Tiffany Porter of Britain won the womens 100 hurdles in 12.76, and Czech hurdler Zuzana Hejnova of the Czech Republic continued her great form with a seasons best of 53.60 to take the 400 hurdles. Ekaterina Poistogova of Russia emerged victorious in the womens 800, and Ivet Lalova of Bulgaria edged Murielle Ahoure of Ivory Coast by one hundredth of a second to win the 100 metres in 11.04 seconds. Both clocked seasons bests. The 19-year-old Conseslus Kipruto led a Kenyan sweep of the top six places in the mens 3,000 steeplechase, winning in 8:04.48 ahead of Ezekiel Kemboi and Hillary Kipsang Yego. Yousef Ahmed Masrahi of Saudi Arabia finished strongly to win the mens 400, and Djiboutis Ayanleh Souleiman won the mile. Bobby Hebert Saints Jersey. -- Ty Montgomery had 290 all-purpose yards and two touchdowns, and fifth-ranked Stanford held on to beat No. Sheldon Rankins Jersey. Louis Blues absence from top spot in the TSN. http://www.shoptheofficialsaints.com/...nning-Saints-Jersey/. They hope to persuade the other team owners and commissioner Roger Goodell to put pressure on Redskins owner Daniel Snyder to drop the nickname they find offensive. "Given the way the meeting transpired," Ray Halbritter, an Oneida representative and leader of the "Change the Mascot Campaign," said Wednesday, "it became somewhat evident they were defending the continued use of the name. ZURICH -- FIFA says it has opened disciplinary cases against Northern Ireland and Wales for displaying large poppy emblems across sections of their stadiums before recent World Cup qualifying matches.It follows FIFA charging the English and Scottish federations for war remembrance displays and ceremonies at their Nov. 11 match at Wembley Stadium.The laws of socccer prohibit religious, political or personal statements at national team matches. TreQuan Smith Jersey. Northern Ireland played Azerbaijan in Belfast on Nov. 11 and Wales hosted Serbia in Cardiff the next day. Both federations face being fined. ' ' '
Share: