Womens Byron Jones 2019 Jersey | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
linchao
linchao Jul 14 '19

Introducing our newest writer Womens Mike Weber 2019 Jersey , Larry Burneal, to Blogging The Boys."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Dallas Cowboys NewsTrolling The UniverseBlogging The Boys welcomes a new front-page writer!New,73commentsIntroducing our newest writer, Larry Burneal, to Blogging The Boys. CDTShareTweetShareShareBlogging The Boys welcomes a new front-page writer![Ed. note] We’ve decided to add a new writer to the BTB roster. Please join me in welcoming Larry Burneal to the site. He’s a life-long Cowboys fan and will add a fresh perspective here at BTB. Welcome Larry! — Dave Halprin [End note]My name is Larry Burneal, and I’m thrilled to be the newest writer for Blogging The Boys. I’ve worked as a sports reporter in broadcast television for the past five years. Most recently, I was the Sports Director at WBNG in Binghamton, New York. I enjoyed my time in Binghamton. I covered Tim Tebow playing Minor League Baseball and the boys from Maine-Endwell winning the Little League World Series. It was a lot of fun, but I realized I wanted to write about what I love most in sports: the Dallas Cowboys. I went to Syracuse University because I thought talking about sports for a living would be pretty cool. That’s what I love to do. Now, Blogging The Boys is giving me the opportunity to share my opinions on my favorite team. According to my mother, my fanhood started when I was a little kid having a “Cowboys and Indians” themed birthday party Dallas Cowboys Mike Weber Jersey , and the Dallas Cowboys were playing on TV that day. A match was made for the rest of my life. I have absolutely no recollection of any of that. So, when people ask me why I’m a Cowboys fan, from Upstate New York, I tell them because I’m American, and I root for America’s Team. I grew up idolizing Troy Aikman. I wore No. 8 in every sport I played. I was born in 1988, so in reality, I remember the losses more than the victories. Little Larry was balling his eyes out on Thanksgiving in 1993 and after the NFC Championship Game in 1995. I grew up through the days of Quincy Carter, Clint Stoerner, Chad Hutchinson, Vinny Testaverde, and the hope of Drew Henson. Not the greatest time to be a Cowboys fan in middle school and high school. Then Cheap Mike Weber Youth Jersey , Tony Romo entered our lives, and there was hope again. Romo never accomplished what we all hoped he would. There are still only five Lombardi Trophies in Dallas, but with Romo there was always a chance. That’s something that didn’t exist in between Aikman and Romo. For that, I’ll always be a Romo supporter. The team right now is pretty exciting. The defense was stellar last season with plenty of young talent. Ezekiel Elliott is the most complete running back the NFL. Travis Frederick’s return should elevate the offensive line back to elite status. Dak Prescott played his best football with Amari Cooper. There are plenty of reasons to believe the Cowboys can make a deep postseason run in 2019, and I’m excited to write about it all for Blogging The Boys. Feel free to follow me on Twitter (@LarryBurneal) or Facebook (Larry Burneal Sports Reporter). I’m always down to chat about America’s Team! The Cowboys draft was interesting and even unpredictable at times. What do the scouting reports say about the haul?"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Dallas Cowboys NewsDallas Cowboys 2019 DraftCowboys draft analysis: Scouting strengths & weaknesses of Cowboys’ draft classNew,117commentsThe Cowboys draft was interesting and even unpredictable at times. What do the scouting reports say about the haul?CDTShareTweetShareShareCowboys draft analysis: Scouting strengths & weaknesses of Cowboys’ draft classThomas J. Russo-USA TODAY SportsThe NFL Draft is always entertaining and full of surprises as we spend ample hours scouting players we think the Cowboys like, only to find that they had a different plan all along. This year, the Cowboys patiently waited through almost two whole rounds before they got the chance to add talent to the roster. Dallas even made some trades on the back end to turn six selections into eight on day three. Overall, here’s a quick recap of their 2019 draft class:NAME-POS.SCHOOLSEL.RD PROJ.POS RANK40COLL. CAREER STATSPICK 58 - DT TRYSTEN HILLWhy it makes sense: In year’s past, it has been hard to get Rod Marinelli to really fight for a prospect. He’s a great coach and is confident in his ability to get the best out of anyone, Antwaun Woods is the latest example. Trysten Hill possesses the exact skill set Marinelli requires at the 3-technique in his scheme. Hill mentioned in his call-in to the Draft Show that he spoke to coach Marinelli just about every few days in his draft process. The Cowboys did a lot of homework on Hill Dallas Cowboys Byron Jones Jersey , who had some maturity concerns but the fit is outstanding. His elite burst off the snap is what gives him a great opportunity to break the starting lineup. Dallas needed defensive tackle help and they just got younger and more explosive at the position. Biggest Concern: Coachability/ MaturityTrysten Hill needs to shake his pre-draft label of being hard to coach especially considering who he’s now being paired with. Marinelli is a legendary defensive line guy but he doesn’t tolerate anything but maximum effort and expects players to bring what they learn to the field, no exceptions. Hill needs to look no further than the frustrated Taco Charlton for example. Charlton has struggled to refine his technique and develop a pass rush plan which is the root cause of his frustrations. Rod Marinelli loves his players but he’s going to play the guys that hustle to the ball and perform, the object is winning, period. Hill has to soak up everything and hit the ground running because his impact potential is off the charts. Hill needs to work on every aspect of his technique and develop a great plan of attack to be successful in the NFL.PICK 90- OL CONNOR MCGOVERNWhy it makes sense: Right off the bat, it’s hard to argue with a front office that has a track record like the Cowboys do in picking offensive linemen. The Cowboys are looking at the big picture here as La’el Collins’ contract expires after the 2019 season. There are several depth players on the offensive line that are also on short-term deals. If the plan is to make Connor Williams a right tackle in the future, it makes sense to keep a strength asstrong as ever with the addition of McGovern. The Cowboys are getting a player that can contribute immediately but doesn’t have to, his versatility and agility are two traits that will serve well in this offensive scheme.Biggest Concern: Technique/hand placementMcGovern is a better run-blocker than pass-blocker at the moment. He can sometimes get out of balance and use poor hand technique when setting up for pass blocking. Marc Colombo will need to work on technique issues and get them refined.PICK 128- RB TONY POLLARDWhy it makes sense: The Cowboys were pretty bare behind Ezekiel Elliott and it’s intriguing how they attacked the depth at running back. Pollard is a huge shot in the arm as far as athleticism, speed, and playmaking ability is concerned. He’s put together a real nice résumé and can make an impact both on the offense as well as special teams. Pollard can be a dynamic threat in the passing game as well with amazing hands but you’re going to have to keep his route concepts simple in the beginning.Biggest Concern: Pass ProtectionPollard is just sloppy and uncoordinated as a blocker. He lacks the strength to deliver a pop and complete his assignments. The Cowboys must teach him the fundamentals of blocking in the NFL, he has the will to learn, but you’re basically starting from scratch.PICK 158 (FROM OAK) - CB MICHAEL JACKSONWhy it makes sense: He’s got all the traits that Kris Richard wants to work with especially in the length department. Jackson is pretty raw but the playmaking ability is evident and he can contribute immediately in sub-packages as a zone defender. Jackson plays with an infectious attitude and is motivated to reach his potential Womens Byron Jones 2019 Jersey , a pairing with Richard will be the key here.Biggest Concern: Discipline in TechniqueMichael Jackson is going to need a ton of technique work as he is overaggressive and has very poor anticipation in key moments. He’s not going to win against NFL receivers if he’s in chase mode and is easily baited by quarterbacks. This is a very raw athletic talent that will be a tall task for Richard to develop.PICK 165 - DE JOE JACKSONWhy it makes sense: This is a guy that Marinelli loves, a lunch-pail guy that makes up for his deficiencies with relentless effort. Jackson was a very productive player at “The U” and will be a solid addition to a crowded Cowboys line rotation. He doesn’t have long speed but his initial quickness is where it needs to be, the motor is great, and he’s just a complete overachiever.Biggest Concern: AthleticismJackson’s length is good but he doesn’t use it well and he’s just not the best athlete. He does show some stiffness, he’s not very bendy, and struggles to rush with a plan. The Cowboys can get production out of him but they first must fix his hand placement. Without the athleticism needed to rush consistently, he’s most likely a rotational guy with a limited snap count.PICK 213 (FROM CIN) - SAF DONOVAN WILSONWhy he makes sense: The Cowboys are looking for a box safety type that can tackle well and has traits worthy of development. Wilson is a strong hitter and with the length to wrap up and finish tackles. He was very productive and has shown to be a ball hawk for his Aggies defense because his instincts and ability to diagnose are very good.Biggest Concern: InconsistencyThere are a lot of things to like about Wilson but he can never keep it all together for an extended period of time. He lacks the technique to compete for a starting role early and has to work on his aggressiveness because it gets him in trouble quite often. PICK 218 (FROM OAK) - RB MIKE WEBERWhy he makes sense: For all the gifted athleticism that Pollard brings to the room, the Cowboys need a back that can shoulder the load if Ezekiel Elliott were to be out of the equation for any period of time.Weber is a tough-nosed running back that does a good job of following his blocks and running to daylight. He has a well-rounded skill set and is a polished pass blocker too.Biggest Concern: Explosion/Ball SecurityWeber is perfectly described as a guy that will get all the yards his line can get him but don’t expect much breakaway speed or big playmaking. He is not dynamic. He tends to lack focus on his finish and is careless with the football, Weber had 10 fumbles in three seasons.PICK 241 - DE JALEN JELKSWhy he makes sense: This is an upside pick all the way; he’s got the length to make him a perfect developmental pass rusher. The Cowboys can use another specimen to fit the “rush in waves-style” of a Marinelli defense.Biggest Concern: Lack of PowerJelks has the tools to play off the edge but he doesn’t play with much power at all. He needs to develop his lower-body frame because he’s a little too narrow-hipped for the NFL. He’s very raw and will take patience to develop but the upside is exciting.

Share: