meter backstroke Thursday morning to focus on the 200 IM.I did whats best for me, Lochte said.Both swimmers are still scheduled to compete in preliminaries | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jul 5 '19
NEW YORK -- Johnny Cueto feels slighted the Kansas City Royals didnt invite him to come along when they were honored at the White House. Lonnie Johnson Texans Jersey .Acquired by Kansas City from Cincinnati last July 26, the pitcher went 4-7 for the Royals during the regular season, then 2-1 in the postseason. His two-hitter in Game 2 of the World Series against the New York Mets gave Kansas City a two-games-to-none lead, and the Royals won in five games for their first championship since 1985.Cueto left as a free agent after the season to sign a $130 million, six-year contract with the San Francisco Giants. He is 13-2 with a 2.53 ERA and started for the National League in the All-Star Game.I believe that I earned it, he said of the White House trip, speaking through a translator after his start Saturday against the New York Yankees. I was on the team. I did something for the team for them to win the World Series, so I was expecting it.Cueto said he did not speak to anyone on the Royals about attending Thursdays ceremony at the White House.I feel OK. I feel normal, but I also feel that its the teams, the organizations responsibility to invite me. he said. I did a job for them, so I think that they should have had the courtesy to invite me.Kansas City said it set limitations on which players would get invitations to the White House visit: players had to be on the 2015 team all year, on the active postseason roster and not on another team at this time. Kahale Warring Womens Jersey . P.A. Parenteau scored early in the third period to help the Avs edge Toronto 2-1 on Tuesday night. Cory Sarich also scored for Colorado (3-0-0), which is off to its best ever start. Cullen Gillaspia Youth Jersey .ca. Hey Kerry, big fan of yours, just finished reading your book. I think that we all saw the Canucks/Flames line brawl just after puck drop. It was obvious that something was about to happen, even to the referees because the fourth lines were on to start. http://www.officialhoustontexanspro.com/...oster-texans-jersey/ . Louis Cardinals. Victorino is batting sixth and playing right field after missing two games because of back tightness.OMAHA, Neb. -- After his semifinal heat in the 200-meter individual medley Thursday night, Michael Phelps stood on the pool deck with his arms folded and his eyes bouncing back and forth between the pool and the scoreboard. His focus centered on one man, swimming in the heat after him. It was a familiar face, the same one hes had his eyes on for the past 12 years: Ryan Lochte.At the Olympic trials back in 2004, Phelps began his dominance over Lochte in the 200 IM, winning his first of three straight medals in the event. Lochte finished second each time. Phelps then backed up his trials victories with three consecutive Olympic golds. Lochte settled for two silvers and a bronze. Yet Lochte holds the world record from the world championships in 2011.Why does any of this matter? On Friday night, when Phelps and Lochte go at it in the event for the fourth and final time at the trials, it will mark the unquestioned end of an era. Phelps, who turned 31 on Thursday, already has announced his retirement after the Rio Games, insisting there will be no comeback as there was after London. And the 32-year-old Lochte has battled a groin injury at these trials, prompting questions about his own career longevity. Lochte has yet to make the 2016 Olympic team in an individual event, but he has qualified for the 200-meter freestyle relay.Theirs is a rivalry born not out of bad blood, but rather ultimate respect. Two of the greatest male swimmers of all time, pushing one another for more than a decade.I think its one of the greatest rivalries in sports, me and him, Lochte said Thursday night. From what weve both done in the sport of swimming. Its fun racing him -- hes the toughest competitor out there.Even their times during Thursday nights semifinals, in which they swam in separate heats, were eerily similar. Phelps 1:57.61. Lochte 1:56.71.He and I have gone back and forth a number of times in this race, Phelps said. During the big meets, we have great races and are right there with each other. [Friday] night, well both be in the middle of the pool.After prelims Thursday morning, Lochte said he tried to alter his breaststroke kick to accommodate a groin pull he suffered during that leg of the 400 IM. It didnt work, with the pain returning on his first breaststroke kick. I was like, dammit, he said. After Thursday nights semifinal race, he said he felt better after taking some ibuprofen in the afternoon.It was easier than this morning, Lochte said. First part of the breaststroke felt good, and then halfway through it started hurting more and more to the last couple strokes. But I was able to put it together.Phelps doesnt believe the injury will be an issue for Lochte on Friday night.Even if he is hurt, hes not going to let anything be an excuse, he said.Lochtes prelim time of 1:58.05 waas almost a second faster than Phelps 1:58. Custom Houston Texans Jerseys. 95. But Friday nights swim is what matters. Both swimmers acknowledge that they shut it down early toward the end of their semifinal heats. That surely wont happen Friday night.Im sure were gonna be out and step on the gas a little more than we have, Phelps said.Phelps qualified for the U.S. team with his victory in the 200-meter butterfly Wednesday night. Rio will be his fifth straight Olympics -- a record for a U.S. male swimmer. He said he struggled to sleep Wednesday night, waking up at 5 a.m. and texting his coach, Bob Bowman. Bowman told him to go back to sleep. Between Thursdays sessions, Phelps spent most of his birthday watching the European soccer championships. Family and friends planned to celebrate with him Thursday night in a private room his mom Debbie had rented.When asked if he planned to attend the festivities, Lochte chuckled.I dont think so, he said. Ill be in bed.Hell need the rest if he finally wants to beat his rival in the 200 IM at the trials. Their dominance of this race for the past 12 years is unparalleled. The list of the top 10 performances in the history of the race is filled with only two names: Lochte and Phelps. Each has five spots on the list, with Lochte occupying spots No. 1 and No. 2. They have not raced against each other in the 200 IM at a major international meet since the London 2012 Games. Phelps won that battle in a time of 1:54.27, beating Lochte by 0.63 seconds.Last summer at the world championships in Russia, Lochte won gold with a time of 1:55.88. Phelps did not compete in Russia as part of his punishment from USA Swimming after his September 2014 DUI arrest.Motivated in part by his frustration over that decision, Phelps responded by swimming the event in the fastest time in the world last year (1:54.75) at the U.S. Nationals in San Antonio. It was the eighth-fastest time ever.Both swimmers have scratched their participation from other events to focus on this one. Phelps removed himself from competing in the 100- and 200-meter freestyle competitions to focus on the 100- and 200-meter fly and 200 IM. Lochte scratched the 200-meter backstroke Thursday morning to focus on the 200 IM.I did whats best for me, Lochte said.Both swimmers are still scheduled to compete in preliminaries of the 100-meter butterfly on Friday morning. The top 16 finishers advance to the semifinals Friday night. That race will take place after the final of the 200 IM, the event that has mattered so much to both of these men for so long.[Friday] night is going to be a good battle, Lochte said. Any chance I can get up on those blocks and race him is definitely an honor. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' '
Share: