s side and No. 7 Milos Raonic for the men announced their decisions after their nam | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Jun 30 '19
SEATTLE -- The John Ross who made the Stanford secondary look as if it were running through maple syrup last week has come a long way in the past two years. Cooper Kupp Jersey .The Washington wide receiver has added 17 pounds to his 5-foot-11 frame, which means at 190 pounds he is no longer as vulnerable to a strong wind or a strong safety.This past March, Ross ran a hand-timed 4.25 40-yard dash. While some NFL scouts turn up their nose at the inaccuracies of hand times, how far off could it be? Maybe it was only a 4.35. Ask the Cardinal defensive backs who couldnt get near Ross -- except when they committed pass interference against him twice -- how fast he is.Oh, yeah. There was one other small thing. Nothing, really. Just that Ross is sprinting through secondaries and kickoff coverages after recovering from major injuries to both knees. The repaired fourth-year junior has become one of the big reasons the Huskies have risen to No. 5 in the AP poll.I would never, ever see myself in the position Im in now, Ross said. Im honestly happy that I got hurt. It just changed me physically, mentally, emotionally, in football, in every aspect. I got to learn so much just by watching. It was almost like a redshirt year. It was?a redshirt year, but just so late in my career.Ross didnt always see the injuries as a gift. He suffered his first injury against Illinois in the third game of the 2014 season, tearing his meniscus in his right knee. He also needed microfracture surgery after the season. Yet Ross never let on that he was hurt.Hey, NFL, you can check the toughness box.It was a kickoff return, Ross said. Just got rolled up on pretty good. And I felt something in my knee, but I didnt think nothing of it. My knee swelled up after the game. And it never really went down. But I was worried if I said something, I probably would have to sit out for the rest of the season.Ross had caught a touchdown in each of the Huskies first three games. He missed the following week, and then played five straight weeks before the knee caught up to him. He caught only 11 passes combined in those games, and now says he wasnt anymore than 75 percent of his best self.There were days when my leg was so stiff I couldnt run, Ross said, night games where it was harder for me to get warmer because I had that swelling in my knee. The swelling did not go down at all. There was no chance of the swelling going down. The doctor ended up telling me after I got the MRI after the season, I waited so long, [the knee] started to heal itself. I dont know if that was good or bad.The following spring, on the first day the medical staff cleared Ross to practice in full pads, he still didnt completely trust his knee.I was running a simple go route, and a lot of people were in the way, Ross said. My first instinct, instead of running someone over, was jump out the way. So I was kind of favoring my meniscus [right] knee, jumped out the way to my right. Didnt want to land on my right. Landed in an awkward position on my left and I felt my knee snap. Thats when I tore the ACL and meniscus on my left knee.It was kind of a weird deal, Ross said. After I got off the ground, I could still run. I was walking without a limp. Going to class. I got my MRI, and I went home and went to sleep. I woke up, and my leg was stuck in a bent position. I kind of figured something was really, really wrong at that point.Ross said he could have played late in the 2015 season. But he and the coaches agreed it would be smarter to fully heal, and to complete the redshirt year and have that season in the bank. He participated in bowl practices, where he learned just how far behind he had fallen. In the first conditioning drill he took part in, the team ran six sprints, with minimal rest between.On the first two, he ran out front of everyone.On the next two, he stayed out in front of everyone.By the sixth and final one, he had to be helped off the field.I kind of wanted to show everyone I could still run, Ross said. The first couple of reps, I was just killing em. Our last two reps, I almost passed out. ... I just felt my whole body cramping up. I felt it completely slowing down. There was nothing I could do about it.Being cleared to practice, and being able to practice, and proving that you are 100 percent back and better than ever in practice, all are important. But they are a long way from putting on the Husky uniform and standing on the goal line awaiting a kickoff. Ross started a countdown on his phone. Imagine looking at it and seeing you have 100 days to go.It was the longest summer of my life, Ross said.When the countdown reached zero, and Sept. 3 had arrived, Ross didnt have to wait long. On the Huskies second snap, Jake Browning threw him a quick pass for 2 yards. Before the first quarter ended, Ross had caught touchdown passes from Browning of 38 and 50 yards. But those catches werent the things that had infiltrated his sleep.Washington didnt have to return a kickoff until late in the second quarter. The Huskies scored the first 24 points of the game before Rutgers kicked a field goal. Ross went back to the goal line. He caught the kick at the Washington 8, and he ran as if he hadnt run back a kick in two years. Touchdown, Huskies.I actually dreamed about something like that, Ross said. I would talk to the guys about it. I dreamed that the first kickoff return I touched would go to the house. And for it to happen, it was mind-boggling. It wasnt exactly like I pictured it, but it happened.All the doubt, all the swelling, all the pain, all the waiting. All gone. Nearly two years had taken an eternity to pass. When Ross reached the end zone, time stopped again. It was a completely different feeling.It felt unreal, Ross said. I might have been standing there for a long time. My teammates did come and grab me. It was so unreal to me.Ross finished the opener with five catches for 90 yards. He leads the Huskies in touchdowns (eight), receptions (21), kickoff returns (five, 35-yard average) and all-purpose yards (96.2 ypg). John Ross is back, and so are the Huskies. Thats not exactly a coincidence. Discount Rams Jerseys . The nimble-footed quarterback got his wish, dashing through the snow and a weary defence all the way into the NCAA record book. Nsimba Webster Jersey . -- Josh Sterk scored once and set up two more as the Oshawa Generals edged the visiting Belleville Bulls 3-2 on Friday in Ontario Hockey League action. http://www.cheapramsjerseyschina.com/kurt-warner-jersey/ . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. NFLFOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Tom Brady said he will not ask the U.S. Supreme Court to block his four-game Deflategate suspension, ending his fight in a scandal that tested the power of the NFL commissioner and tarnished the reputation of one of the sports greatest players.The decision by the four-time Super Bowl champion comes two days after his case was turned aside by the 2nd U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals. Bradys only remaining hope to take the field when the Patriots open the season against Arizona on Sept. 11 had been a stay from the nations highest court, which accepts about 1 percent of the appeals submitted.The NFL Players Association said it was still considering whether to seek on its own a Supreme Court ruling that would limit Commissioner Roger Goodells authority to punish players. Dropping the case now would leave in place what the union called this week a broken system that must be fixed.But even if the union fights on, Brady will still sit out the first four games of the season, when the Patriots face the Cardinals, Dolphins, Texans and Bills. Backup Jimmy Garoppolo, who has spent the last two years as the backup, is expected to start for New England instead.NEW YORK -- Von Miller got a monstrous contract, befitting a sack-happy Super Bowl MVP. Muhammad Wilkerson and Justin Tucker also received big paydays, shedding their franchise tags and getting new deals.Kirk Cousins, Alshon Jeffery, Eric Berry and Trumaine Johnson, however, will all be playing this season under the value of their tags after they and their teams failed to agree on long-term contracts by the NFLs 4 p.m. EDT deadline.Miller signed a blockbuster six-year, $114.5 million contract with the Denver Broncos that includes $70 million in guarantees and makes him the highest-paid nonquarterback in NFL history. The blockbuster deal includes a $23 million signing bonus and will pay Miller $61 million over the first eight months.Wilkerson signed a five-year extension worth more than $85 million, including $37 million in guarantees through the first two years, according to a person familiar with the contract. Through three years of the deal, Wilkerson will be paid $54 million in guaranteed money.NEW YORK -- San Francisco 49ers linebacker Aaron Lynch has been suspended for the first four regular-season games for violating the NFL Policy and Program for Substances of Abuse.Lynch is eligible to participate in all offseason and preseason practices and games. He will be eligible to return to the 49ers active roster Oct. 3.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. -- Second-year running back Karlos Williams of the Buffalo Bills has been suspended for the first four games of the regular season for violating the NFLs substance abuse policy.Williams will be eligible to return to the Bills active roster on Oct. 3, the day after the Bills play at New England. He will be allowed to participate in training camp and preseason games. The suspension will begin the Monday of Week 1 of the regular season.GOLFTROON, Scotland -- Phil Mickelson hit a wedge that spun back toward the cup until it stopped about two postage stamps away on the par-3 eighth hole, the signature shot in his 2-under 69 that allowed him to back up his record-tying start at the British Open and take the 36-hole lead iin a major for the first time in three years. Jalen Greene Jersey. enrik Stenson made three straight birdies before the wind showed up and the clouds began to spit rain. He added two more during lulls in the increasingly bad weather. And he wound up with a round-best 65 that enabled him to close within one shot of Mickelson. Many players had to endure an afternoon of gusts that topped 30 mph and rain so heavy at times it was hard to see.Mickelson was at 10-under 132, the best 36-hole total ever to lead at Royal Troon. Soren Kjeldsen and Keegan Bradley each shot 68 and were in third, three shots behind.OPELIKA, Ala. -- Jhonattan Vegas shot a course-record 11-under 60, making a hole-in-one, another eagle and two closing birdies to take a six-stroke lead in the Barbasol Championship.Tied for the first-round lead with Angel Cabrera after a 65, Vegas had a 17-under 125 total -- a shot off the PGA Tour record for strokes in the first two rounds.Hudson Swafford was second at 11 under after a 63.SYLVANIA, Ohio -- Lydia Ko shot a 5-under 66 in windy conditions for a share of the Marathon Classic lead with Hyo Joo Kim.The top-ranked Ko, the 2014 tournament winner, had six birdies and one bogey at Highland Meadows to match Kim at 8-under 134. Kim, tied for the first-round lead with Mirim Lee and Haru Nomura, had a 68.BASEBALLWASHINGTON -- Stephen Strasburg so badly wanted to start the Washington Nationals first game after the break that he gave up the chance to pitch in the All-Star Game in his hometown of San Diego.His 13th victory was a reward for that.Strasburg allowed one run and three hits with six strikeouts in eight masterful innings as the Nationals beat the Pittsburgh Pirates 5-1. Strasburg (13-0) has won 16 consecutive decisions dating to September, a franchise record for starting pitchers.MMAFormer UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar has been notified of a potential violation of the promotions anti-doping policy from an out-of-competition drug test administered June 28.Lesnar is among the most popular athletes in both mixed martial arts and professional wrestling. He beat Mark Hunt by decision at UFC 200 in Las Vegas last weekend, handily winning his first MMA fight in nearly five years.AUTO RACINGLOUDON, N.H. -- Jimmie Johnson gave Hendrick Motorsports a needed bright spot, turning a lap of 133.971 mph at New Hampshire Motor Speedway to win his first pole of the season.Johnson, a two-time race winner this season, could use a boost following a five-race slump where he failed to finish better than 13th. He has crashed out of his last two races, finishing 35th at Daytona International Speedway and 32nd last weekend at Kentucky Speedway.He was the lone Hendrick Motorsports driver in the top five.Kyle Busch was second, followed by Martin Truex Jr., Kurt Busch and Denny Hamlin.OLYMPICSLONDON -- Two top-10 tennis players withdrew from the Rio Olympics, citing concerns about the Zika virus.Fifth-ranked Simona Halep on the womens side and No. 7 Milos Raonic for the men announced their decisions after their names were listed on the International Tennis Federations roster for next months Summer Games. Wholeslae Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys Cheap Football Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap Baseball Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: