where I dont need to get what I can get. ... I have a vision of what | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 18 '17
Thanksgiving is traditionally when general managers size up their rosters and begin to strategize their trade plans for the months ahead. Nike Tns For Sale . Mind you, I would argue in todays salary-cap/crushed beer-can standings era, some teams dont know if theyre buyers or sellers until 24 hours before the deadline. Still, lets look at five players (in no particular order) who could be moved before the March 1 deadline:Evander Kane, LW, Buffalo SabresEver since he scored 30 goals as a 20-year-old with the Winnipeg Jets?in 2011-12, you figured there was more of that to come for the Vancouver native. And certainly his 17 goals in the lockout-shortened, 48-game season of 2012-13 suggested as much. But hes essentially been a 20-goal scorer ever since, and thats disappointing, probably as much to him as anyone else given the pure goal-scoring talent this guy has. No question the Sabres would be open to moving him, and a top-four defenseman is what they would covet in return. On the one hand, given some of Kanes off-ice issues, you wonder if teams will be scared away. On the other hand, hes still only 25, and you know the talent is there. Hes got one more season left on his contract at $5.25 million before becoming an unrestricted free agent in July 2018 -- which happens to be the same summer both Jack Eichel and Sam Reinhart will have lucrative new contracts kick in for 2018-19. Can the Sabres move Kane for a decent return?Martin Hanzal, C, Arizona CoyotesYou cant teach 6-foot-6. The pending unrestricted free agent would be some kind of addition for a playoff contender. The postseason becomes a grind-fest and Hanzals beast-like strength would be a handy addition. The Coyotes talked contract extension with him before the season, but nothing seemed to gain traction. I figure the Coyotes are wary of giving him term; theyve got a bevy of young forwards and dont want to block their way long-term. But you cant blame Hanzal, 29, if he wants to cash in for what really will be his last chance to do so. The buyer-beware tag on the Czech is that hes hurt a lot; he hasnt played 70-plus games since 2009-10 (although he played 39 of 48 in 2012-13 lockout season). My guess is the Coyotes will try to re-sign Hanzal before March 1. But if they cant, it goes without saying the rebuilding club needs to acquire an asset or two in exchange for letting him walk. He would help any team, but boy, would he ever look good helping the Montreal Canadiens get bigger down the middle.Marc-Andre Fleury, G, Pittsburgh PenguinsIt was a good idea, in theory, that the Penguins would benefit from having two No. 1 goalies in this seasons compressed schedule and then wait until after the season to figure out where to send Fleury before the expansion draft while protecting Matt Murray. But I think reality is setting in. There is just not enough net to accommodate two guys who need to play a lot. So I think the Penguins would be open to moving Fleury before March 1 if a team stepped up. And Fleury certainly controls a lot of this with a full no-movement clause, but the Penguins want to do right by him because hes been such a classy guy for the community and organization. The question is whether Fleury would waive his no-movement clause for the purpose of the expansion draft and simply go to Vegas in June. Thats possible. But I have to think hed rather get this over with sooner and find a new home before March 1. If Brian Elliott (unrestricted free agent on July 1) doesnt turn around his game, would the Calgary Flames come calling? Or the Dallas Stars? Fleurys contract has two more years left after this season at a $5.75 million cap hit, which is a nice bargain for a guy with two Cup rings and who remains one of the leagues elite netminders. If youre a team needing a goalie upgrade, wake up and call Pittsburgh. Youre not only getting an elite goalie, but an even greater person in the dressing room.Ben Bishop, G, Tampa Bay LightningThe Flames problems run deeper than their goaltending, but its hard not to wonder how things might look for Calgary with Bishop in net if a deal with Tampa Bay at the June draft not fallen through . Bishop is an unrestricted free agent on July 1, and its pretty clear the Lightning made their choice when they extended young Andrei Vasilevskiy to a three-year, $10.5 million deal last summer (a deal that kicks in next season). Not to mention the fact that they agreed to trade parameters with the Flames only to see the deal fall through because Bishop couldnt agree to contract terms with Calgary on a new extension. The question, however, is whether a serious Cup contender such as Tampa Bay would actually deal Bishop before March 1 or just keep him and all hands on deck for a championship run and let the chips fall where they might after the season. If Bishop walks away for nothing July 1, its not nothing: The Bolts get $6 million in cap room, which they can use on new contracts for Tyler Johnson, Ondrej Palat and Jonathan Drouin, all pending restricted free agents. Plus, perhaps, Bishop helping the Bolts win a Cup before leaving? I suppose it all comes down to what kind of offers the Lightning get for Bishop before March 1.Dennis Wideman, D, Calgary FlamesThe 33-year-old veteran is an unrestricted free agent July 1 and given all the money tied up on the Flames blue-line, it seems unlikely they re-sign Wideman unless somebody else is moved out, which is also a possibility. But if the Flames dont get back into the playoff race before March 1, they would look at recouping an asset. Hes a right-handed, top-four blue-liner who still has bite in his game, playing more than 21 minutes a night. Theres got to be a market for that among serious playoff teams, right? Air Max Tn Cheap Shoes . From filmmaker Nanette Burstein (On the Ropes), The Price of Gold revisits the saga that rocked the figure skating world ahead of the 1994 Lillehammer Olympic Winter Games: the assault on Nancy Kerrigan, and the plot that led its way back to her rival Tonya Harding. Nike Tns Sale .C. at the helm of the top team in the Eastern Conference. His tenure as the GM in Vancouver was all too brief. Though he led the Canucks to what was then a franchise record-shattering campaign in just his second season, Nonis was gone and replaced one year later. http://www.cheapairmaxtnforsale.com/ . McCarthy, a player who played some games in the second tier for Wigan at the start of this season, would go on to shine inside Evertons midfield, outplaying the man he was brought in to replace, on one of the grandest stages in English football. On Saturday, it was fitting that Manchester Uniteds most recent dagger into the chest was delivered by Frenchman Yohan Cabaye, a wonderfully gifted central midfielder who put on an outstanding effort for Newcastle at Old Trafford. OKLAHOMA CITY -- The way Kevin Martin describes it, the Oklahoma City Thunder lost the "vision" of a potential championship run the morning they learned All-Star point guard Russell Westbrook would be out for the rest of the post-season. Despite fighting to the end in a series of narrow losses to Memphis, the Thunders season -- which seemed so promising even when the playoffs began -- is over much sooner than expected following a five-game loss in the Western Conference semifinals. After making it to the NBA Finals a year earlier, Oklahoma City claimed the No. 1 seed in the West and was the favourite to make it back and challenge the Miami Heat for the title. And then? "We lost the guy that has the keys to our car," Martin said Thursday. The Thunders offence fizzled without Westbrooks scoring punch and ability to create shots for teammates. To make matters worse, they drew the Grizzlies and their league-best defence in the second round. Three-time scoring champion Kevin Durant tried to pick up the slack, but to no avail. "Lets face it, Russells really good. Hes not only one of the best point guards, hes one of best players in the league," coach Scott Brooks said. "He has earned that with all of the work he has put in. He has a great work ethic and a great attitude to improve every day, and his will to win is at the highest level. "We are a much better team -- theres no ands, ifs, buts about that. But were not an excuse team either." Right up until the end, the club believed it could overcome even Westbrooks injury, suffered in a chance collision with Houstons Patrick Beverley in Game 2 of the first round. But after winning the next game, Oklahoma City went 2-6 without Westbrook. "It ended too soon. Thats what Im going to say about the whole experience," Martin said. "I think the year, we set ourselves up to be Western Conference champions this year. Heading into the playoffs, we was playing such great basketball and then you have a fluke injury. You know thats part of sports but you never want to think its going to happen to you or your team. "I feel like thats how our season will be looked at now. Its more like a what if sseason.Nike Tns Wholesale. quot; The Thunder won 60 games in the regular season and had the best record in the West for the first time since 1996, when the franchise was in Seattle. But all that was thrown out when Westbrook tore cartilage in his right knee during the collision with Beverley and needed surgery. Durant said hed still look back on the season for the good times spent with teammates and the opportunities for growth, not a simply a wasted year. "Im going to be who Im going to be. Im not Kobe Bryant, Im not Michael Jordan, not LeBron James, not Magic Johnson. Im me," Durant said. "Im not going to ever compromise myself or my integrity or what I believe in to win some basketball games or to win a championship. Thats just how I was brought up. "Im always going to fight for the game I love. Im going to claw until the last buzzer sounds. If thats after the championship, then of course Ill be happy. Im not satisfied just being in this league and losing." Durant ended up second in the NBA scoring race to New Yorks Carmelo Anthony but improved his efficiency, becoming one of a handful of players in league history to make at least 50 per cent of his field-goal attempts, 40 per cent of his 3-pointers and 90 per cent of his foul shots. After Westbrooks injury, Durant averaged 31.8 points, 9.9 rebounds and 6.2 assists. It still wasnt enough to lift his team. "You dont win championships ... You dont win playoff series or games with one or two guys. Its always about a team late in the season. Its always about a team in the playoffs," Durant said. "Were going to need everybody to step up, and I like the way we grew up as a unit." Some key decisions loom in the off-season for the franchise that traded eventual All-Star James Harden away at the end of training camp in a bid for financial flexibility under the salary cap. Most notably, Martin will be an unrestricted free agent and may have to take a pay cut to return to the team. "Im at a point in my career where I dont need to get what I can get. ... I have a vision of what I want my career to be, and the main thing is happiness and being a part of something special," Martin said. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys AuthenticWholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: