or four days before the competition.Daley will continue to use the Olympic facilities to train, but h | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Jun 2 '19
A lot of NFL head coaches have a different standard for stars, subscribing to the philosophy of treating everyone equitably but not necessarily equally. Wholesale Custom Blue Jays Shirts .Ron Rivera is not among those coaches.So, when reigning MVP Cam Newton boarded the team flight to Seattle without a dress shirt and necktie, Rivera decided to bench him for the first series Sunday night.The flap became an overbearing cloud hanging over Seattles 40-7 shellacking of the Panthers after Derek Andersons single snap resulted in an interception.Newton didnt express disagreement with Riveras decision after the game, explaining he realized just before the buses left to take the team to the airport that he hadnt packed a shirt and tie.We discussed it internally. Me and coach, were on the same page, I feel good about it, Newton said.I wore a similar outfit like this before and nothing was done. But he has rules in place and we have to abide by them and no person is greater than the next person.Rivera didnt announce his intention to punish his passer. Even after the game he wouldnt say anything beyond acknowledging his quarterback had committed a dress code violation.Right tackle Trai Turner said he didnt know what was up until the opening play, which ended up being a pass that deflected off Mike Tolberts hands and into the arms of linebacker Mike Morgan. That led to a Seattle field goal.The oddity of it all is that Newton is as fashionable as any player in the league.This is the guy who sported Zebra-print Versace pants on Super Bowl Sunday and who modeled nearly $30,000 worth of duds for his GQ photo shoot last summer, including $495 loafers, a $530 tank top, $1,200 sneakers and a $4,995 leather jacket.And nary a necktie.Aside from more than 500 players wearing custom cleats as part of the leagues My Cleats, My Cause initiative, Week 13 featured an abundance of curious calls and dubious decisions.Seattle star safety Earl Thomas broke his lower left leg when he collided with teammate Kam Chancellor as both tried to intercept a pass from Newton.While in the locker room, Thomas tweeted , This game has been so good to me no regrets. A lot is running through my mind including retirement thanks for all the prayers.Dallas escaped Minnesota with a 17-15 win on Thursday night when no flag was thrown on the Cowboys for hitting Sam Bradfords facemask on his overthrown 2-point conversion attempt with 25 seconds left.Im sick and tired of the reffing in this league right now, Vikings defensive end Brian Robison said. Im sick and tired of it. Youve got holding calls all over the place that people dont want to call.Bradford gets hit in the face at the end of the game and you dont call it. Im not laying this loss on reffing, but at some point its got to get better.Officials cant see every infraction but it was astonishing that Rams cornerback Trumaine Johnson got away with yanking the facemask of Patriots running back LeGarrette Blount right in front of an official.After making the tackle, Johnson reached up and jerked Blounts facemask, but head linesman Ed Camp never reached for his flag.I cannot believe an officials sitting right there watching and he wont make the call, NBC analyst Rodney Harrison said.Randall Cobb made a snow angel after scoring a touchdown in Green Bays win over the Texans at Lambeau Field.In Chicago, the 49ers were assessed a 15-yard excessive celebration penalty after rookie cornerback Rashard Robinson did a snow angel in the end zone because he mistakenly thought Dontae Johnson had scored on a blocked punt return, as did the rest of the 49ers.Johnson also did a snow angel and his was legal because it was a single-person celebration -- even though hed actually stepped out at the 4.Robinsons cost his team 15 yards, and the 49ers settled for a field goal on their way to extending their franchise-record losing streak to 11 games.In Atlanta, the Falcons were burned by Eric Berrys pick-6, then were done in by their own strategy in a 29-28 loss to Kansas City.After pulling within 27-22 with 12 minutes left, the Falcons went for 2 and failed.So, when they went ahead 28-27 with 4:34 remaining, they had to go for 2, and Berry took it back 99 yards for the first game-winning pick-2 in NFL history .My dad, he always told me the most important part of the game is the extra point, Berry said. So, a lot of people take that play off and like I said, its an opportunity to make something happen and Im going to make the most of it.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL---AP Sports Writer Jon Krawczynski contributed. Follow Arnie Melendrez Stapleton on Twitter: http://twitter.com/arniestapleton Cheap Blue Jays Jerseys . Supported by three-run homers from Jayson Werth and Wilson Ramos, the young right-hander went seven strong innings in the Washington Nationals 8-4 victory over the Arizona Diamondbacks on Friday night. Custom Blue Jays Jersey China .Y. -- Jayna Hefford scored the winning goal Friday as Canada survived a scare with a 4-3 win over Sweden at the Four Nations womens hockey tournament. http:///...ersey-large-74n.html . The Browns coaching search remains incomplete. RIO DE JANEIRO -- It was hard to believe as Tom Daley chattered away excitedly in the media mixed zone and lifted his hand, complete with Olympic-symbol ring, up and down to his face.But this was the man who helped diving partner Dan Goodfellow stay calm as they claimed bronze in the fiercely contested synchronized 10-meter platform diving event at the Maria Lenk Aquatics Centre on Monday.Daley made history with the success, becoming the first Briton in his sport to win multiple Olympic medals -- and, in doing so, a weight was lifted off his shoulders.Ive taken the pressure off myself now, said the 22-year-old, who won bronze in the 10-meter platform individual event at the 2012 London Games before falling out of love with his sport. Ive got an Olympic medal and can go into that individual competition [in Brazil] in the best frame of mind possible. Its given me a taste, and now I want to go and get some more. Now I want a gold medal.Dealing with pressure has been a key theme with Daley. The intensity of preparing and performing in a home Olympics four years ago made him sick of what he was doing. Some time away and greater training variety provided the antidote, and now the idea of pressure crowding in on him seems implausible.That was underlined by the way he responded after he and Goodfellow dropped out of podium contention with their fourth dive, leaving them just two to work with to secure a medal.We stayed focused on what we had to do, Daley said, reflecting on their reaction after a disappointing fourth dive. I just said to Dan, Be in the moment. There is nothing you can do to change what youve done. You just have to be in the moment and enjoy it and give it your best shot.It was an agonizing wait at the end and felt like an eternity. We were stood there and knew we had done a good dive, but we didnt know if we had done enough. Blue Jays Jerseys China. I knew how I was going to feel if we finished fourth. There was replay after replay, then the scores came up. I saw it before Dan and pounced on him, and I dont think he was quite ready for it.Daley teamed up with Goodfellow last October, but they have enjoyed more than their fair share of success in big events; the 19-year-old Goodfellow showed in his Olympic debut that it is not just the senior partner who knows how to hold his nerve.I knew wed be No. 8 [in the diving list], and no matter what the situation, there would be load of pressure, Goodfellow said. I just accepted that and tried to block everything else out and focus on my dives.Daley has another long wait to deal with now, as the 10-meter individual event doesnt take place until the end of next week. Staying focused could become an issue, but he has put his trust in the tried-and-tested approach that got him back on track after London.Ive got a day off [Tuesday] and Im going to see my family and friends who have come out here, he said. I will move out of the village for five days to give my head and body a bit of a rest and come back into it three or four days before the competition.Daley will continue to use the Olympic facilities to train, but he will need to be right at the top of his game next week given the always-tough competition from diving powerhouse China. ?I will be going into the individual event giving it my best shot, the Briton said. Chen [Aisen] is in the event along with Qiu Bo, and those two are definitely my top rivals, but Im ready to try and beat them. ' ' ' 
Share: