n me. Its something Ive got to control. Its something that Ive got | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sxx123
sxx123 Dec 15 '17
SAN JOSE, Calif. Black Bears Jerseys . -- Brock Turner, the former Stanford University swimmer convicted of sexually assaulting a young woman on campus, was handed a package by guards as he exited a California jail on Friday after serving half of his six-month sentence: a big packet of hate mail.Turners early release for good behavior was the latest turn in a case that sparked a widespread outcry by many who believed he was given preferential treatment and too light of a sentence for the January 2015 assault. For hours after his predawn release from the Santa Clara County jail, about 200 people demonstrated outside, calling for the judge in the case to resign.Wearing a wrinkled dress shirt, Turner walked with his head down and didnt say a word as he made his way through a gauntlet of television camera lights and into a waiting SUV. The 21-year-old intends to live with his parents near Dayton, Ohio, where he is required to register for life as a sex offender.There, about a dozen protesters stood outside the Turners home in Sugarcreek Township as police watched. One mans hand-lettered sign read Let only pain & misery fall upon those who rape their fellow person.Turner was convicted of assaulting the woman near a trash bin after they drank heavily at a fraternity party. The woman had passed out and Turner was on top of her when confronted by two graduate students passing by on bicycles. They chased and tackled him when he tried to flee, holding him on the ground until police arrived.A jury in March found Turner guilty of three felony sexual assault counts. Santa Clara County Judge Aaron Persky sentenced him to six months in jail, citing the extraordinary circumstances of Turners youth, clean criminal record and other considerations in departing from the minimum sentence of two years in prison. Prosecutors had argued for six years.Turners case exploded on social media and ignited a debate about campus rape and the criminal justice system after the victims 7,200-word letter to Turner -- which she read in the courtroom during sentencing -- was published online.I want to show people that one night of drinking can ruin two lives, she wrote. You and me. You are the cause, I am the effect.Following Turners release from jail, Sheriff Laurie Smith said she believed his sentence was too light. He should be in prison right now, but hes not in our custody, she told reporters.Smith said jail guards gave Turner a big package of hate mail sent to him over the past three months and that Turner lived in protective custody in jail after receiving threats.She also urged Gov. Jerry Brown to sign a bill passed by the California State Assembly that would require harsher punishment for the same crime Turner committed. Brown hasnt said whether he will sign it.The law has to be that if you rape someone who is unconscious and intoxicated, you go to state prison, she said. And that bill is on the governors desk right now, and were urging the governor to sign it.A well-funded campaign also is underway to recall Persky. The judge voluntarily removed himself from hearing criminal cases, starting next week.But supporters of the recall campaign said that is not enough.We need judges who understand sexual assault and violence against women, Stanford law professor Michele Dauber, a friend of Turners victim and the chair of the recall campaign, said Friday while demonstrating outside the jail. Judge Persky does not.Persky didnt respond to requests for comment Friday and hasnt responded to numerous requests since Turners sentencing. He has launched a website soliciting campaign donations to help retain his seat.California jail inmates with good behavior typically serve half their sentences. Ohio prison officials earlier this month agreed to take over supervision of Turners probation.Greene County Sheriff Gene Fischer said Turner has five days to register as a sex offender with his office in Xenia, Ohio, 15 miles east of Dayton. He will have to report to a probation officer for three years and must avoid alcohol and drugs during that time.Fischer said his department will notify Turners neighbors that a convicted sex offender is moving nearby. Turner will be required to register every three months in person at the sheriffs office, reaffirming that he is still living with his parents, the sheriff said.Deputies also will check on Turner without warning to ensure he has not moved without permission from authorities. Pink Bears Jerseys . The Dutchmans tenure got off to a poor start when referee Guido Winkmann awarded a penalty within two minutes for Niklas Starks clumsy challenge on Alexandru Maxim. Womens Bears Jerseys . Nine days before the opening ceremony, organizing committee chief Dmitry Chernyshenko said Wednesday that Sochi is "fully ready" and will deliver safe, friendly and well-run games that defy the grim reports that have overshadowed preparations. http://www.officialbearsnflauthenticshop.com/ . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. MINNEAPOLIS -- Minnesota is the NBAs youngest team, averaging 23.6 years of age, yet the youthful Timberwolves entered the season with the hope of finally breaking the franchises long playoff drought.The Wolves, however, arent jelling quickly under new coach Tom Thibodeau, and a Tuesday home loss to the Charlotte Hornets didnt sit well. They will try to turn it around Thursday when they play host to the Philadelphia 76ers.Minnesota (3-7) had won two of three games before Tuesday, and the offenses performance was among the best in the league. Then the Hornets pulled away with a big second half to beat Minnesota, leaving the Timberwolves development as a postgame topic.We could use youth as an excuse forever; your opponent doesnt care that youre young, Thibodeau said. Weve got guys whove been in the league for a while now, were making mistakes that never should be made -- from fouling jump shooters, reckless passes, turnovers -- its all decision-making.The 76ers (2-9) know youthful mistakes, too. Philadelphia, the fourth-youngest team in the league, opened the season with seven straight losses. On Wednesday, the 76ers won for the second time in four games as they held onto a big lead at home to beat the Washington Wizards 109-102.Philadelphia coach Brett Brown said there was just a poise level that was fantastic.The 76ers shot 54.5 percent and had 30 assists (on 42 field goals), both season highs.Just resilient, forward Richaun Holmes said. Just determined to do anything we had to do to get a win, and we are able to stick it out to the end against a tough Washington team. Were getting better.Holmes knocked down a 3-pointer in the final minutes to help finish off the Wizards on Wednesday. Jahlil Okafor scored a season-high 19 points before fouling out. Philadelphia rested rookie center Joel Embiid, its leading scorer and rebounder who missed the past two seasons following a pair of foot surgeries.Embiid is expected to play Thursday. Brown will have both of his young centers at his disposal. Okafor is expected to play and be limited tto 16 to 20 minutes. Youth Bears Jerseys. It was my teammates talking to me, Coach Brown challenging me before the game to attack, be aggressive, make good decisions; and it really benefited me, Okafor said.Embiids absence for the home game before leaving for a road trip caught some by surprise.Its just the rhythm that the medical staff has put him on, Brown said. And I think you look back -- back-to-back-type games and those types of things, with the time in between, they felt like ... if we had a choice, this game was going to be it. So I follow the marching orders of smarter people than myself.Embiid will be needed on the road at Minnesota. The 76ers have lost 20 straight games on the road, equaling the second-longest road slump in team history.Okafor should match up occasionally with Minnesotas Karl-Anthony Towns. Towns was drafted No. 1 overall by Minnesota last year, with Okafor picked third by Philadelphia. Towns has lived up to the top-draft status and is averaging 22 points and eight rebounds per game this season.However, Towns took Tuesdays loss to Charlotte particularly tough.I just have to play better, Towns said. All these losses, they fall on me. Its something Ive got to control. Its something that Ive got to be able to help us as much as possible. Third quarter, Im just not doing enough for us, and Ive got to do better.Minnesota is the leagues top-scoring team in the first quarter but the worst in the third period. The Timberwolves were outscored 36-17 in the third by the Hornets.Thibodeau was asked if Tuesdays loss was a step back for his young team.Its the commitment to improve and to learn, to not repeat the same mistakes over and over again, Thibodeau said. A big part of learning is trial and error, so when you go through something and it doesnt work, you should learn from it; the second time around, it shouldnt be the same way. That has to change. That has to change, and it has to change fast. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: