,000 plate appearances combined | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 18 '19
CLEVELAND -- Taking no chances in Tuesday nights World Series Game 6, Cubs manager Joe Maddon again went to closer Aroldis Chapman?in the seventh inning, only this time with Chicago holding a 7-2 lead. Wholesale China Jerseys .?Maddon did the same two days earlier, in Sundays Game 5, asking Chapman to get the final eight outs with the Cubs nursing a one-run lead. But his decision to do so on Tuesday with a five-run advantage raised some eyebrows and prompted a response from the Cubs Twitter account:Chapman relieved?Mike Montgomery?and threw two pitches in the seventh inning before getting?Cleveland Indians?shortstop?Francisco Lindor to ground out with two men on base to end the inning. Chapman came up limping a bit after racing Lindor to first base on the bang-bang play but said it was nothing bad, no issues at all.?Chapman then pitched a clean eighth inning, before the Cubs extended their lead to 9-2 on an Anthony Rizzo?home run in the ninth inning. At that point, Maddon scrambled to get his bullpen ready as Chapman came out for the bottom of the ninth.After Chapman gave up a leadoff walk to Rajai Davis, Maddon finally pulled him after 20 pitches in favor of Pedro Strop, who had to be pulled, as well, after giving up a hit and a walk. Travis Wood got the final out in the Cubs 9-3 win?that forced a Game 7 with the Indians.In his postgame news conference, Maddon defended the decision to bring in his closer.It was just the middle of their batting order. There was just no other way to look at that and feel good, man, he said.?That could have been the ballgame right there.I thought the game could have been lost right there if we did not take care of it properly.Maddon added that he talked to Chapman before the game and the four-time All-Star was aware of the scenario.So he went out there and he was outstanding again, said Maddon, who told Fox in an on-field interview that he expects more of the same from Chapman in Wednesdays deciding Game 7.Cubs catcher Willson Contreras agreed.Aroldis will be ready to go,?Contreras said. Im already thinking about [Game 7], and hell be ready.Chapman echoed his manager and his batterymate.?I dont worry about a few extra pitches, Chapman said. I have all the strength and mentality to pitch in this scenario. Im ready for [Game 7] 100 percent. Its the last game of the season. You cannot save anything. Time to leave it all on the field.Chapman threw 62 pitches combined between Games 5 and 6 but with a day off in between.I feel blessed that Im just healthy to pitch in this situation, he said. This is [why] the Cubs brought me over.Maddon has already indicated that?Jon Lester would be available in relief for Game 7.Information from The Associated Press was used in this report.? Cheap NFL Jerseys . Bjorn, who had a 36-hole total of 8-under 134, made a testing six-foot putt to save par on the 16th and a birdie on the 17th before bogeying the final hole after a misjudged approach shot. American Kevin Streelman was in second place after shooting a 69. Authentic Jerseys China .ca. Kerry,  Just watched the shootout in the Coyotes/Leafs game and I have to ask, why was the James van Riemsdyk goal allowed to count?  All of the video replays we were shown on TV were inconclusive about whether the puck had entirely crossed the line or not. http://www.cheapjerseybiz.us/ . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. NEW YORK -- Brian McCann still wanted to catch, a lot. So with his options limited in the New York Yankees lineup, the seven-time All-Star gladly accepted a new opportunity in Houston.McCann waived his no-trade clause and was sent, along with $11 million, to the Astros on Thursday for a pair of young minor league pitchers.The Yankees acquired right-handers Albert Abreu and Jorge Guzman.It had to be the right fit, McCann said on a conference call. It wasnt going to be just anywhere.McCanns playing time diminished in the second half of the season as rookie Gary Sanchez emerged as a power hitter behind the plate. Sanchez hit 20 home runs in just 53 games.It was like nothing Id ever seen before. He was the best player in the game, McCann said.The 32-year-old McCann hit .242 with 20 homers and 58 RBI this year.We entered the offseason with the acquisition of a catcher as a primary focus, Astros general manager Jeff Luhnow said in a statement.Brian McCann is a great fit for the Astros as he is not only a good defensive catcher, he is also a left-handed hitter with proven run-producing ability, he said. His experience and his ability to impact his teammates will be a significant benefit to our team.Jason Castro made the most starts at catcher for the Astros last year, batting .210 with 11 homers and 32 RBI.Evan Gattis, known more for his slugging than his catching, also saw time at the spot.Houston and the Yankees met in the AL wild-card game in 2015. They both went 84-78 this year and missed the playoffs.Yankees general mmanager Brian Cashman said the trade gives the team financial flexibility for potential free agents and trades. Authentic Jerseys Cheap. .Houston stepped up and I think all parties got what we wanted, he told reporters.McCann made 86 starts at catcher last season, his fewest since he was a rookie with Atlanta in 2005. He figured next year in New York likely would mean catching once a week, plus some platoon time as a designated hitter.I wanted to catch every day, he said. I feel like I still have a lot of good years left.McCann also likes what he sees in the Astros, praising a lot of great young pieces.I wanted to be a part of it, he said.McCann hit 24 homers in 2006 and has hit at least 18 home runs in every season since then. He has 245 career homers with 888 RBI while batting .266.This was McCanns third season in New York after signing an $85 million, five-year deal as a free agent.McCann is due $17 million in each of the next two seasons, and the Yankees will pay $5.5 million both years.The Yankees had a $15 million option for 2019 with no buyout. The option became McCanns if he had at least 1,000 plate appearances combined in 2017 and 2018, had at least 90 starts at catcher in 2018 and didnt end up that season on the disabled list.The 21-year-old Abreu was a combined 3-8 with a 3.72 ERA for two teams in Class A. The 20-year-old Guzman was a combined 3-4 with a 4.05 ERA with two rookie-level teams. ' ' '
Share: