ble drop in veble drop in ve | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 May 17 '19
DUBAI, United Arab Emirates -- The four golfers?in contention for the?Race to Dubai?title were upstaged by Lee Westwood in the first round of the DP World Tour Championship on Thursday. Cheap Air Max China .Westwood shot a 6-under 66 in swirling winds to take a one-stroke lead at the European Tours season-ending event in Dubai.Some days you feel like theres a lot of birdies out there but today I think was a pretty stiff test, Westwood said.Danny Willett and Alex Noren were best-placed of the players bidding to finish the season as Europes No. 1 after shooting 71s on the Earth course of Jumeirah Golf Estates, while Henrik Stenson -- the leader in the Race to Dubai standings -- shot 72.Rory McIlroy started the week as the big outsider to win the Race to Dubai and his chances are even slimmer after shooting 75, ending a run of 28 straight rounds of par or lower at the World Tour Championship.Should Stenson win, he will be Europes No. 1 for the second time in four years. He could even finish atop the standings with a top-eight finish, provided Willett doesnt win or finish second and Noren doesnt win.The 43-year-old Westwood, who was the winner of the inaugural edition of World Tour Championship in 2009, made just one bogey -- on No. 12 -- on a day when winds made scoring difficult. He had three birdies on the front nine and four on the back nine.It was all good, really. I played lovely, said Westwood, playing without his regular caddie Billy Foster who is out with a knee injury. Hit a lot of fairways, a lot of good iron shots, putted nicely and, you know, didnt make too many mistakes out there.Frances Julien Quesne and Belgiums Nicolas Colsaerts were tied for second place after 67s, while No. 12 Spaniard Sergio Garcia was tied fourth after a 68, along with Italian Francesco Molinari and Dutchman Joost Luiten.Stenson made just one birdie and one bogey, being denied a closing birdie on the 18th after his putt from six feet lipped out.It wasnt my best day. I played very average, Stenson said. Id say the good putts I hit didnt go in, and the bad ones certainly didnt. Wholesale Air Max 270 . Defencemen Drew Doughty, Shea Weber and forward Ryan Getzlaf also scored for the Canadians, who started their gold-medal defence 2-0. Goalie Roberto Luongo, getting the call in place of Game 1 starter Carey Price, was solid when needed in making 23 saves for the shutout. Discount Air Max 270 Outlet .ca NBA Power Rankings, ahead of the Miami Heat and San Antonio Spurs. http://www.clearanceairmax270.com/ . Only three players drafted by NHL clubs were included on the Czech selection camp roster on Wednesday. Those players were Dallas Stars 2012 first-rounder Radek Faksa, Winnipeg Jets 2013 fourth-rounder Jan Kostalek and Phoenix Coyotes 2012 seventh-rounder Marek Langhamer. WASHINGTON -- No-hit bid or not, Washington manager Dusty Baker was taking out Stephen Strasburg in the seventh inning.Its tough taking a guy out of a no-hitter, but we have to think about the future and where he had come from off the DL, Baker said. You just think: Were going to need him.Strasburg left after 6 2/3 innings and 109 pitches, and Ramon Cabrera singled against Matt Belisle leading off the eighth for Cincinnatis first hit in the Washington Nationals 12-1 rout of the Reds on Sunday.Strasburg has won a franchise-record 14 straight decisions and is the first NL starter to begin a season 11-0 since San Diegos Andy Hawkins in 1985. He did not disagree with Bakers decision to remove him.I understand where hes coming from, Strasburg said. Theres more important things, hopefully, down the road for this team.Activated from the disabled list before the game after missing two starts due to an upper back strain, Strasburg (11-0) was just five pitches shy of his highest pitch count this season. He left to a standing ovation from the crowd of 37.328 at Nationals Park and was replaced by Blake Treinen, who got Billy Hamilton to ground out.I felt pretty good, Strasburg said. It was weird, warming up. My changeup was the only pitch I could really locate, and then I couldnt find the strike zone with it today, but the curveball and slider were really good.Making his first appearance since June 15, Strasburg struck out five and walked four -- including two of the Reds first three batters. He then retired eight in a row, needing only eight pitches in each of the second and third innings.He threw an outstanding game, Baker said. Its tough taking a guy out of a no-hitter, but we have to think about the future and where he had come from off the DL. Clearance Air Max 270 Online. You just think, Were going to need him.Danny Espinosa homered twice for the Nationals, including his second grand slam in four games, and Wilson Ramos, Bryce Harper, Anthony Rendon and Stephen Drew hit solo homers.Cincinnati has lost 10 of 12. John Lamb (1-5) allowed eight runs, eight hits and four walks in 4 1/3 innings.Ramos homered in the second and finished 3 for 4 with a walk and two RBI. Espinosa homered after Lamb walked three straight in the fourth, giving Washington a 5-0 lead.Espinosa also hit a solo drive against Keyvius Sampson in the seventh, going deep back-to-back with Rendon for his team-leading 18th homer. Espinosa finished the series 7 for 18 (.389) with five homers and 15 RBI.Its surreal, he said. Its crazy. Im just out there having fun and Im just staying with my work every day and its paying off. I couldnt dream anything like this could ever happen.Harper led off the fifth with his 17th homer. Drew hit a solo homer in the eighth, giving the Nationals a season-high six long balls in the game.TRAINERS ROOMNationals: RHP Joe Ross (right shoulder inflammation) was placed on the 15-day DL. He labored through 5 1/3 innings against the Reds on Saturday allowing a season-high 10 hits and four earned runs with a noticeable drop in velocity.UP NEXTNationals: RHP Max Scherzer (9-5) is to face the visiting Brewers in the opener of a three-game series. Scherzer went 4-1 with a 1.96 ERA in June. He took the loss in a 5-3 defeat in Milwaukee on June 24. ' ' '
Share: