ine day, but were obviously looking to do better.Torben Graels s | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 14 '17
STORRS, Conn. Youth Egypt Jerseys . -- Connecticut coach Geno Auriemma didnt expect his young Huskies to be undefeated six games into the season and says he has no idea what to expect this month when they face four ranked teams.The No. 2 Huskies (6-0), who returned just two starters from the team that won the programs fourth straight national title last spring, have extended the second-longest winning streak in program and womens basketball history to 81 games. And in the process, theyve already beaten three Top 25 opponents this season, including then-No. 2-ranked Baylor.UConn faces four more ranked teams before January 1, including No. 14 Texas on Sunday and No. 1 Notre Dame on Wednesday in South Bend. The Huskies also play No. 9 Ohio State and No. 5 Maryland before January.We dont have that kind of talent that just blows you away like weve had in the past, Auriemma said this week. That means that every single minute of every day, every practice at every game, theyve got to be tough, hard-nosed and really tough.UConn proved that on Thursday, dismantling No. 15 DePaul 91-46 after taking a 22-1 lead in what was supposed to be a serious test against a high-scoring offense. The Huskies defense held DePaul to 25 percent shooting.Forward Kia Nurse said she and her teammates were aware pundits thought theyd be more vulnerable this season after the graduation of stars Breanna Stewart, Morgan Tuck and Moriah Jefferson. She said Auriemma has challenged this group to maintain the programs tradition of excellence.For him to hold us to that standard and remind us that this is how UConn basketball is played, it lights a fire under us, she said. So when we get out in the next practices, the next games, shoot-arounds, we understand that is the expectation here and that is where we need to be.Sophomore Katie Lou Samuelson said the team is still learning chemistry on the court and once the players figure it out, theyll only get better.Last year we understood the three of them (Stewart, Tuck and Jefferson) would go and do what they do every game, she said. Now we have to figure out, OK, who is going to step up and take shots tonight? Who is going step up and make those passes? Its going to be different every night. So thats always difficult, but its also a great thing for our versatility.Auriemma said he doesnt know if the team will keep playing the way it did against Baylor and DePaul, and hes still not quite sure about the caliber of this group. But, he said thats normal for this time of year.And he expects to know a lot more after the run against ranked teams in December.Theres no guarantee like the past couple years that, yeah we got this, Auriemma said. Its a wait and see. Its a process. I just dont want to take any steps back. I dont know how many steps forward were going to take. I just dont want to take any steps back. Cheap Football Egypt Jerseys . Gather a group of friends, or find a league to join online, draft your team, set your lineup and compete in a number of different formats. Wholesale Egypt Jerseys . -- Tony Stewart is 20 pounds lighter and has a titanium rod in his surgically repaired right leg. http://www.cheapegyptjerseys.com/ .Y. -- Leading 3-0 with only 11:25 left, the Colorado Avalanche committed a seemingly meaningless penalty to give the New York Islanders a power play. RIO DE JANEIRO -- With the late-afternoon sun shining on his shaved head and the round mountains of Rio de Janeiro behind him, Dorian van Rijsselberghe of the Netherlands stood in his coachs boat, smiled and flashed the hang loose sign with each hand.Van Rijsselberghe had just clinched his second straight Olympic gold medal in windsurfing. He still has to sail in the medals race on Sunday. Barring some kind of disqualification, itll merely be a victory lap before he collects his medal on the podium on Flamengo Beach, with Sugarloaf Mountain as a backdrop.For the second straight Olympics, he made it look easy.Man, can this Dutchman fly across the waves.Its unreal. I did it in London and I never expected it to happen again, said the 27-year-old van Rijsselberghe, who spends considerable time living and training in the Southern California sunshine. That it did happen again is just unreal.Britains Nick Dempsey clinched the silver. Its a repeat of the top two spots in London.The Dutchman and Briton congratulated each other after the 12th race of the series ended on the Atlantic Ocean.Van Rijsselberghe had finishes of first, first and sixth -- his lowest of the regatta -- for 23 points. Dempsey went 5-7-8 for 44 points.The bronze medal will be decided Sunday.Dempsey won three of the first four races to lead the first two days. Van Rijsselberghe won the third race and then took over, winning six of the final eight races.I was very fortunate that Nick went off like a cannon the first couple of races, because it really showed me, OK, its not going to be easy, van Rijsselberghe said. We never thought it was going to be easy, but he showed me that if you really want this, youll have to work for it. I tried, I worked for it, and I got it.Van Rijsselberghe spends considerable time in Laguna Beach, California, with his wife, Sasha, and their young daughter.The winds better in Newport, a little bit further up, and especially Long Beach, he said. The lifestyle is amazing there. The people are nice, theres mountain biking, surfing, good food, healthy. Sunshine. I like the sunshine.Van Rijsselberghe shaved his head for the second straight Olympics.Its a great excuse at the games, so my wife will allow it, he said.Does it make him go faster?No, not really, he said. Its a nice feeling. I like it. But not all the time.There were other big developments all over the bboat basin. Womens Egypt Jerseys. Evi Van Acker of Belgium, the first competitor to report falling ill during the games from sailing on polluted Guanabara Bay, had finishes of 12th and second as the Laser Radials returned after a day off. The defending bronze medalist, she jumped from 10th overall to seventh.Im doing better than two days ago, she said. I think I had a good day off yesterday. I was able to rest up and get some more energy. Today I had a 12th and a second so I gained some places in the overall ranking so Im pretty happy with that. Also, the conditions were a little bit lighter and not as physical as two days ago so that was good for me.Her coach believes Van Acker contracted a severe intestinal infection while training in Rio de Janeiro last month.In the mens Laser, 43-year-old Robert Scheidt went 4-5 to put himself solidly in podium position with two races to sail before the medals races. Scheidt is trying to become the first sailor and first Brazilian to win six Olympic medals. He has 50 points and is second behind Tonci Stipanovic of Croatia, who has 47 points. Tom Burton of Australia is third with 52.The womens 49er FX made its Olympic debut with Canadas Erin Rafuse and Dannie Boyd taking the lead after finishes of 5-4. Brazils Martine Grael and Kahena Kunze were tied for second with two other crews after going 9-1. Grael is the daughter of Torben Grael, who won five Olympic medals, including two golds.The mens 49ers opened with gold medal favorites Peter Burling and Blair Tuke winning twice. Racing was delayed for more than two hours due to a lack of wind, preventing a third race from being sailed. The Kiwis won the silver medal in London and then won 27 straight regattas before losing to the 2012 gold medalists, Nathan Outteridge and Iain Jensen of Australia, last month in the South American Championships.The Aussies had a rough opener, going 13-8 for 11th place.We havent lost the event but we definitely havent set the world on fire, said Outteridge, who also is helmsman of Swedens Artemis Racing in the Americas Cup. `It was a fine day, but were obviously looking to do better.Torben Graels son, Marco, and his crew, Gabriel Borges, are 12th.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson ;Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: