I think about winning at the end of the week," K | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 13 '17
TAMPA, Fla. Iman Shumpert Jersey . -- The Detroit Red Wings failed in the shootout, again. Martin St. Louis scored in the sixth round of the shootout, and the Tampa Bay Lightning beat the Red Wings 2-1 on Thursday night. Detroit has lost its last 11 shootouts, including all six this season. "Its one of those things," Detroit goalie Jonas Gustavsson said. "Its going to turn around, and then maybe were going to win five or 10 in a row in the shootout. Thats just how it goes. Weve got to find a way to do it." St. Louis netted the lone shootout goal when he beat Gustavsson to the stick side. Detroit failed this time against Ben Bishop. "Weve got to find a way to score a goal for our goalie," Red Wings coach Mike Babcock said. "Our goalie cant shut them all out. Guys that have scored fairly easily before, their attempts look like theyre tight, too. "Weve got to change that, too." Nikita Kucherov scored for the Lightning in regulation. Kyle Quincey had the Red Wings only goal of the night. "Were finding a way, and you need to do that," Tampa Bay coach Jon Cooper said. Detroit is just 1-9, including nine straight defeats, this season in games decided in overtime or a shootout. The Red Wings were coming off a 3-2 shootout loss Tuesday at Florida. Quincey put the Red Wings up 1-0 with his first goal in 51 games, a rebound backhander from along the goal line just past the post at 15:04 of the first. The defenceman also snapped a 16-game point drought. Kucherov tied it when he beat Gustavsson from the high slot with 43.7 seconds remaining in the second. Gustavsson made a first-period save on Valtteri Filppulas in-close backhander. St. Louis sent a shot wide of the net during a short-handed breakaway early in the second. Bishop stopped a shot by Daniel Alfredsson on a 2-on-1 later in the period. An up-tempo third period featured nice saves by both goalies. Bishop made 28 saves in regulation. Gustavsson stopped 26 shots. "Both goalies are as big as a house," Babcock said. "Theres no room, and both played really well." Bishop improved to 16-5-2. "Bish is the backbone of our success," St. Louis said. "Whenever you beat Detroit, its a big one." Both teams had key players sidelined by injuries. Red Wings goalie Jimmy Howard hurt a knee in practice on Wednesday and is scheduled to be evaluated Friday in Detroit. Forward Henrik Zetterberg, on the long-term injured list because of a back injury, is eligible to return Dec. 28 against Florida. The Lightning were without star centre Steven Stamkos, who hopes to return in February from a broken right leg. Defenceman Victor Hedman will be out at least another week due to a lower-body injury. NOTES: Detroit senior vice-president Jimmy Devellano and Chicago senior adviser Scotty Bowman, who won three championships as coach of the Red Wings, were at the game. The two Hockey Hall of Fame members have a combined 20 Stanley Cup rings. ... Tampa Bay RW Richard Panik served the first game of a two-game suspension for a hit Tuesday on Washington D Karl Alzner. Kevin Love Jersey .com) - Cincinnati Reds pitcher Mat Latos had an arthroscopic procedure performed on his right elbow last week, the teams official site reported Wednesday. J.R. Smith Jersey . JOHNS, N.PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- It had been so long that Brittany Lincicome didnt quite know what to think about her spot atop the LPGA Championship leaderboard. Lincicome opened a three-stroke lead Friday in the wind-swept tournament, the LPGA Tours fourth major championship of the season, as Americans moved into position for their fourth straight major victory of the year. "I feel like Ive been doing a lot of really good things," Lincicome said. "I feel like Ive been playing really well, driving it far, which is awesome. But its just not coming together." It has at Monroe Golf Club. The long-hitting Lincicome followed her opening 67 with a 68 to reach 9 under as she chases her first title since 2011. She won the 2009 Kraft Nabisco for her lone major title and has five LPGA Tour victories. Lexi Thompson, tied for the first-round lead with Meena Lee, dropped into a tie for second with defending champion Inbee Park of South Korea. Thompson had a 72, and Park shot 66. That gave the United States two players at the top with majors already on the trophy shelf. "Its a great leaderboard so far," said Thompson, who won the Kraft Nabisco to start the major run. "Today was a little more difficult than yesterday. Just didnt hit it as well, but I did make some good putts, so Im going to take a positive out of it." Its the first time Americans have won the first three majors since 1999, and they havent won four since 1992. Michelle Wie won the U.S. Womens Open, and Mo Martin surged to victory in the final round at the Womens British Open. A fifth major, the Evian Championship in France, was added last year. Seventeen-year-old Lydia Ko of New Zealand had a 69 to join Lee, from South Korea, and Jane Park at 5 under. Lee had a 73, and Park shot 69. Top-ranked Stacy Lewis sputtered again with a 1-over 73 to finish the two rounds at even par. Jennifer Kirby (79), from Paris, Ont., dropped from second in the first round to 54th on Friday at a 2-over par. Lincicome had an eagle and three birdies to go with one bogey for her second solid day. She averaged 277.5 yards off the tee on the two measured holes and needed only 26 putts for the second straight day. "Its been incredible," Lincicome said. "I havent been here in a while, especially in a major." Thompson reached 8 under after a birdie at the par-5 14th hole but followed with bogeys at Nos. 8 and 9 to drop into a tie with Lincicome at the turn. Lincicome, who started the day one shot off the lead, birdied the par-5 12th hole to gain a one-shot advantage while Inbee Park slowly clawed her way back into contention after shooting even par on the first day. Park had two birdies and chipped in from a greenside bunker for an eagle on her first five holes on the back side, and three birdies in the first three holes on the front put her att 6 under. Custom Cleveland Cavaliers Jerseys. "Quite different from yesterday," said Park, who won three majors last year. "I thought I need to change things a little bit and get a little more aggressive, and thats what I did." Thompsons birdie at No. 3 forged a tie with Lincicome and Meena Lee at 7 under, but it was short-lived. Moments later, Lincicome notched the sixth eagle of the day at the par-5 14th hole to put her two shots ahead and then parred out. Unable to string any sort of run together as she did on the first day, Thompson dropped into a tie for second after a bogey at the par-3 sixth hole, statistically the sixth-most difficult hole on the day. Locust Hill had been LPGAs host in the Rochester area for 37 straight years before the tour made the switch this year to nearby Monroe. The Donald Ross-designed course is about 300 yards longer at 6,717 yards, and the wider fairways favoured long hitters. "Right now, the fairways are generous. You can just bomb it off the tee," said Suzann Pettersen, tied for seventh at 4 under after a 69. "You can risk the extra few yards. Even if you miss it (the fairway), youll still be able to get to the greens somehow." A gusting wind strafed the course all day, sending leaves and bits of bark onto some greens and making each shot an adventure. Pettersen, who averaged over 276 yards off the tee, second-best over the first two rounds, was in the morning group and managed to stay out of trouble for the most part. It wasnt easy. "It is playable out there, but youve got to hit some great golf shots," Pettersen said. "The wind is a bit choppy. Its bounding up and down all the time. Youve got to try and find the pocket, try and hit the right shot that gives you the highest percentage." Ko, already a four-time winner on her LPGA Tour career, hit all 14 fairways and reached 15 greens in regulation in notching six birdies with three bogeys in an up-and-down day. Ko needed 31 putts to complete the round -- six more than the first day -- in part because of a three-putt bogey at No. 2 and then failing to get up-and-down at No. 4 in making another bogey. Both holes are par 4s. "I just give myself as many opportunities as I can," said the low-key Ko, who didnt touch a club during a recent five-day stretch because her swing was "on holiday." "I wish I was a long hitter," Ko said. "Im just trying to play to my strengths." Ko, a two-time winner this season, remained focused on the moment and just shrugged at the possibility of becoming the youngest winner of a major in LPGA Tour history. "I think about winning at the end of the week," Ko said. "Im going to go out there and just have some fun. Theres still two more days. Im pretty confident. Its good to be in this position." Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: