vers were able to finish with no delays. Paul Menard was third, f | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
wzh123
wzh123 Dec 13 '17
SAN DIEGO -- Major League Baseball is telling managers to cool it on arguing balls and strikes, and warning them not to rely on replay help to bolster their beefs. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys China .MLB executive Joe Torre sent a memo Friday to managers, general managers and assistant general managers that said: This highly inappropriate conduct is detrimental to the game and must stop immediately.The memo was obtained Saturday by The Associated Press.Im still going to react to what I see in front of me, Detroit Tigers manager Brad Ausmus said Saturday night.Torre, a Hall of Fame manager and former NL MVP, said skippers are increasingly relying on technology from the clubhouse or video room to argue from the dugout. Every pitch and play is monitored by teams in case they want to challenge for a replay review.He called that an express violation of the Replay Regulations, which state that `on-field personnel in the dugout may not discuss any issue with individuals in their video review room using the dugout phone other than whether to challenge a play subject to video replay review.Although disagreements over ball and strike calls are natural, the prevalence of manager ejections simply cannot continue, Torre wrote. This conduct not only delays the game, but it also has the propensity to undermine the integrity of the umpires on the field.Ausmus was ejected for arguing balls and strikes and covered home plate with a sweat shirt earlier this season, and Boston manager John Farrell was tossed during an animated dispute alongside Red Sox slugger David Ortiz.Earlier this month, Cubs manager Joe Maddon was ejected while arguing from the dugout.On Friday night, Oakland manager Bob Melvin and San Francisco skipper Bruce Bochy got tossed for arguing balls and strikes along with players on their respective teams. Cincinnati manager Bryan Price was ejected Saturday on a dispute about a foul ball.Torre concluded by advising that any manager or coach ejected for arguing balls and strikes hereafter will be disciplined, including at least a fine.Joes the boss, so I guess wed better cool it, Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. Theres just some days you cant stand over there and not say something. Theyre always making additions, and I get speeding the game up and sometimes that sort of thing slows it down, so itll take a little while to walk through that and see exactly how to play it. But you cant take the emotion out of the game. Joe knows that as well as everybody, but I understand where hes coming from.Pittsburgh manager Clint Hurdle said Torres the memo is a very, very good reminder -- a very strong reminder -- that youre going to get fined or whatevers going to happen if you choose that route. Thats fair.One of the great things about having him in this position (is) hes been in the dugout and he is where he is. I dont know what that lens looks like where he is, but I understand I definitely dont try and do his job, Hurdle said before the Pirates played at Washington on Sunday.I listen to him and I try to honor everything that he throws out there. And I think he can respect also the feelings you have to have in the dugout if you feel things arent working out the way that youd want them to work out or youre not getting calls or youre on the short end of calls sometimes. He just let us know if you go that route whats going to happen, he said.---AP freelance writer Dave Hogg in Detroit and AP Sports Writers R.B. Fallstrom in St. Louis and Stephen Whyno in Washington contributed to this report.---Follow Bernie Wilson on Twitter at http://twitter.com/berniewilson ;Cheap Jacksonville Jaguars Jerseys . The head of USA Boxing came out swinging Tuesday with an open letter to Tyson -- a former Olympic hopeful himself -- that accuses the former heavyweight champion of trying to poach fighters who might be candidates for the U. Cheap Jaguars Jerseys . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff.http:///...-cam-robinson-jersey . First off, the fans ripped the Cubbies introduction of a fuzzy new kid-friendly mascot named "Clark".BROOKLYN, Mich. -- Points leader Regan Smith won the NASCAR Nationwide Series race at Michigan International Speedway on Saturday, holding off Kyle Larson in the final 10 laps. It was Smiths second win of the year and 11th top-10 finish in 13 starts. He took the lead with 13 laps remaining when Parker Kligerman had to pit, and although Larson closed the gap a bitt toward the end, he wasnt able to overtake Smiths No. Wholesale Jaguars Jerseys. 7 Chevrolet. The 125-lap, 250-mile race was run under threatening weather conditions, but drivers were able to finish with no delays. Paul Menard was third, followed by Kyle Busch and Trevor Bayne. Smiths final margin of victory was 0.331 seconds. He also won at Talladega in May. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: