o 2016 -- after his S8 400m freestyle gold -- w | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Dec 12 '17
ORANGE, Calif. Puma Scarpe Rihanna Shop Online . -- The father of former NASCAR driver Robby Gordon strangled his wife then shot himself in their Southern California home, police said Thursday.The deaths of Robert Gordon, 68, and Sharon Gordon, 57, were an apparent murder-suicide, Orange police Lt. Fred Lopez said a day after the bodies were found. No further details on the motive or circumstances were released.The couple were the father and stepmother of ex-NASCAR star Robby Gordon, who fought back tears and expressed disbelief Thursday outside the home on a Southern California hillside where he grew up and developed his love of racing.Im so sad, and I cant believe it, the racing star said outside the house. I grew up on this property my whole life.Robby Gordon recalled how his father, a racer known as Baja Bob in the motorsports community, instilled in him a love for competition and motorsports in the Orange County neighborhood, where many residents own horses and dirt riding trails line the suburban streets.Gordon said he had given his father the home 30 miles (50 kilometers) southeast of Los Angeles where police discovered the bodies Wednesday after receiving a 911 call from a neighbor making a welfare check at the request of relatives.Robby Gordon told the Orange County Register that family members had become concerned when his father missed a doctors appointment.The younger Gordon currently races in an off-road series he created in 2013 called Speed Energy Formula Off-Road, following the path of his father.The elder Gordon started out in horse racing at the local track in Los Alamitos, California, before getting into auto racing.He taught me at a young age that one horsepower wasnt going to be enough -- go do something different, Gordon recalled his father saying. And I was fortunate enough to do something different.Residents in the upscale neighborhood shared stories about the couples friendly ways -- swapping jokes with neighbors, gifting tickets to racing events and delivering feed personally to local equestrians.I can still see them walking hand in hand, walking their dogs down the street, said John Reina, who lives across the street. To kind of wrap your head around this tragedy is very hard to do.Robby Gordon said he would speak about the deaths in more detail once authorities conclude their investigation.The truth will come out, what went down there, he said.Racer Dale Earnhardt Jr. tweeted that he was praying for the Gordon family. Hope they find strength and support, he said.Heartbreaking news this morning. Thinking of the Gordon family and friends, NASCAR star Jimmie Johnson said on Twitter.Gordon, 47, has raced on numerous racing circuits, from NASCAR to IndyCar to Champ Car and IROC.Known for his aggressive style, he earned three wins in parts of 19 seasons in what is now the NASCAR Sprint Cup. He was a full-time driver early last decade and finished a career-high 16th in the points standings in 2003 driving for Richard Childress Racing. Gordon last raced in the Sprint Cup in 2012.Gordon is one of only four drivers, joining John Andretti, Tony Stewart and Kurt Busch, to compete in the Indianapolis 500 and NASCAR Coca-Cola 600 on the same day. He nearly won the 1999 Indy 500 before running out of fuel in the closing laps.Gordon said an event featuring his off-road racing team scheduled for this weekend in Orange County will go on as planned.Gordons sister, Beccy, is married to 2014 Indianapolis 500 winner Ryan Hunter-Reay. The driver tweeted Wednesday that his wife had given birth to a boy. Hunter-Reay would appear as scheduled in a weekend race in Sonoma County, Gordon said.---Associated Press writers Christopher Weber and Andrew Dalton in Los Angeles and AP freelance writer Mike Cranston in Chicago contributed to this report. Puma Rihanna Velluto . -- Patrick Reed got an early start in golf. Puma Basket Heart Reset Rosa . Scott won the Australian PGA last week in his first event in Australia since winning the U.S. Masters in April. American Matt Kuchar, ahead by two strokes with four to play and even with Scott with one to go, double-bogeyed the 18th after taking two shots to get out of a bunker. http:///...et-heart-patent.html . -- The boos poured down on Tom Brady and the New England Patriots at the end of a horrible first half. Wheelchair racer David Weir and swimmer Ellie Simmonds surrendered titles they had won at the previous two Paralympics in Rio on Tuesday.Simmonds relinquished the S6 400 metres freestyle title she first won in Beijing aged 13 and won again four years ago. Simmonds, who won SM6 200m individual medley gold on Mondays fifth day, finished third in her favourite event, which she also won at London 2012.Ukraines Yelyzaveta Mereshko, the world record holder, won in a Paralympic record of five minutes 17.01 seconds. Song Lingling of China was second in five minutes 21.37 and Simmonds was third in five minutes 24.87. Her British teammate Ellie Robinson, who won S6 50m butterfly gold on day two, was fourth in five minutes 27.35.And 45 minutes later Weir, T54 1,500m champion in Beijing and at London 2012, finished fourth.Weir was patient, biding his time until the final lap. He reached the bell in seventh place and left himself too much to do as Thailands Prawat Wahoram took gold.I just didnt get the right wheel, said Weir, who was fifth over 400m on Monday. I saw Konjen was pretty quick in the semi and I thought I had his wheel.Maybe I shouldve got Prawats wheel, but everyone was trying to get his wheel. Its just a battle. Its a bit bumpy as well.I was quicker and better than I felt yesterday. Prawats been around for a long time as well. He was close to me in London as well. Hes a great athlete.Weir became a father for the fourth time on Sunday when partner Emily gave birth to the couples third child, Lenny -- but he insisted that momentous event was not a distraction.Im more relaxed thann ever because I know hes here and I know hes sound, Weir added. Puma Suede Rosa Platform. Yes, I was a bit gutted that I didnt see him, but now Ive seen pictures and I know everythings all right, Emilys all right. Im a happy man.Yes, I havent held him yet, but Ive got plenty of time to do that and bond with him when I get back. Thats not on my mind at all.Earlier on day six, Georgina Hermitage, Hollie Arnold and Rob Davies took Great Britains Paralympic Games gold medal haul to 31.Sprinter Hermitage won her second gold of the Rio Games with victory in the T37 400 metres and Arnold claimed F46 javelin glory.Stephen Miller took F32 club throw bronze and Davies triumphed in the Class 1 singles table tennis, emulating Will Bayleys success 24 hours earlier. There was also a bronze medal for Jamie Burdekin and Andy Lapthorne in the quad doubles tennis event. Lapthorne competes in the singles final on Wednesday.Piers Gilliver claimed Britains 70th medal of the Games with silver in the mens individual epee category A. The 21-year-old from Gloucestershire was beaten 15-13 by Sun Gang of China, who also defeated him at the World Championships earlier this year.Ollie Hynd took silver in the S8 100m backstroke. The 21-year-old from Mansfield took his fifth Paralympic medal and second of Rio 2016 -- after his S8 400m freestyle gold -- with second place behind Zhou Cong of China. Zhou won in a world record of one minute 2.90 seconds, with Hynd second in one minute 4.46 seconds. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys ChinaNFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: