Flyers about veteran forward Vincent Lecavalier. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Dec 12 '17
CLEVELAND - Things are back to where they once were between Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert and LeBron James. Andrus Peat Jersey .In fact, theyre friendly enough to crack jokes about each other.I just saw LeBron, Gilbert said Wednesday in his first news conference since February. He looked at me and said, Looks like you grew an inch. I said I could use it.My how far theyve come.On the eve of Clevelands season opener — James official return to the Cavs — both Gilbert and the superstar addressed their relationship, which became fractured four years ago. When James announced he was leaving for Miami in 2010, Gilbert publicly degraded him in a scathing letter to Cavs fans.Gilbert called James cowardly and disloyal and predicted the Cavs would win an NBA championship before the self-declared former king. It was thought their relationship couldnt be fixed, but Gilbert said that was never the case and the two met in Miami in July to work through their differences.That paved the way for James to re-sign with the Cavs.Gilbert said time has healed things and he and James are united.Obviously there are a lot of fireworks at that time and a lot of emotions flying all over the place, he said. So you sort of get back to business. You dont really think too much about whats going on. Its been four years. As far as it goes right now, its great.James said he and his boss are connected again.I think its really good, James said. We had one bad moment, and it just overshadowed all the great times we had together, and now were back together. We both have something in common: to bring a championship back to this city, and thats what it comes down to.James said he and Gilbert have the opportunity and obligation to represent the franchise the right way.Gilbert said Clevelands struggles over the past four years were payment for what the city and his franchise are experiencing now. The Cavs are favoured to win the NBA title. However, Gilbert was careful not make any proclamations about how far the thinks his team can go this season.Well, I learned my lessons on guarantees and predictions and stuff, so I dont do much of that anymore these days, Gilbert said. I do believe we put together a team and a coaching staff and a front office thats worked very hard certainly to put us in a position to compete at a high level. Thats why you play the games.The past four years were painful ones for the Cavs, whose biggest wins came in the draft lottery. Gilbert was asked if he felt he deserved James back.I dont know if deserve is a word that I sort of look at in this context, he said. No, unless youre really doing some significant harm to another human being, I dont think the bridge is ever burned. We had a night there where emotions were flying high on all sides. ... Things like that happen a lot in business where people have phone calls and heated exchanges, and people are writing each other emails and letters, and then the next day theyre eating lunch and doing business. Its not a be-all or end-all type of thing.Gilbert said the difference in the sports world is that the arguments become public knowledge.I think the franchise deserves what it has here, and I think LeBron deserves the city of Cleveland and the franchise, and all the perks that are around him, he said. Nick Fairley Jersey .ca. Kerry, In Mondays Habs/Bruins game, there were three questionable/brutal calls against the Habs late in the game - Tomas Plekanec, then Douglas Murray, then Brendan Gallagher. Sterling Moore Jersey . A last-minute leveler ensured the two-time defending champion remained nine points ahead of Roma, which drew 0-0 at bitter rival Lazio in the capital derby. Jason Spezza is gone, so the Ottawa Senators needed a top centre. David Legwand needed a home a few days into free agency. On Friday the Senators went about the process of replacing Spezza by signing Legwand to a US$6-million, two-year contract. The 33-year-old cited filling that spot and playing for coach Paul MacLean as the reasons he chose Ottawa over some other teams. Legwand does know hes not a Spezza clone and wont try to be. "Obviously what Jason Spezza did in Ottawa was pretty remarkable," Legwand said on a conference call. "Hes a point-a-game guy and a very rare offensive talent. I dont think youre going to fill his shoes, but I think you can go in there, do some things and maybe help the all-around game." Legwand played more than 900 NHL games over 15 seasons with the Nashville Predators before being traded at the deadline to the Detroit Red Wings. He had 51 points (14 goals and 37 assists) in 83 games in 2014-15, and 577 points in his career. Spezza had 23 goals and 43 assists for 66 points in his only season as Senators captain. He asked for a trade and got his wish Tuesday with a trade to the Dallas Stars for right-winger Alex Chiasson, two prospects and a draft pick. Legwand, who will count $3 million against the salary cap each season and make $2.5 million in the first year and then $3.5 million in the second, expects to fill in as the Senators second-line centre behind Kyle Turris. In a statement announcing the signing, general manager Bryan Murray didnt promise that but complimented the different things Legwand can do. "David is a good, veteran centre, a guy that skates pretty well, gets up and down the ice," Murray said. "We just think the way things shook out for us that having an experienced centre that can be a decent faceoff man, be a good defensive player, get points, was very important at this time." Legwand, a Detroit native, reportedly drew interest from the Toronto Maple Leafs and otheers. Ted Ginn Jr Jersey. MacLean made a difference in his decision-making. "I just think hes a great hockey person," Legwand said. "He obviously won the coach of the year for a reason, and I think playing against him in Detroit I think he had a lot to do with a lot of their success there." MacLean was the Jack Adams Award winner in 2013 when the Senators overcame injuries to Spezza, defenceman Erik Karlsson and goaltender Craig Anderson to make the playoffs. They missed this past year after Daniel Alfredsson left to sign with the Red Wings. Legwand believes the Senators, with Milan Michalek back on a $12-million, three-year contract, Bobby Ryan, Turris and Karlsson leading the offence, can contend for a playoff spot next season. "Thats got to be your goal is to get into the dance," Legwand said. "If you get in you never know what can happen." Also Friday the Senators signed restricted-free-agent defenceman Eric Gryba to a $2.5-million, two-year deal. Hell count $1.25 million against the cap each year, making $1.2 million next season and $1.3 million after that. Gryba, 26, had 11 points (2-9) in 57 games last season. The Senators might not be done making moves, as Murray reiterated he was continuing to discuss a trade and added, "its just a matter of if we can get satisfaction both ways." "We probably will do something else but I do feel comfortable with the roster," Murray said. "I think that if we have to add we will, but it looks like our young players that have been drafted by the organization and have developed within -- weve got a couple of guys that are ready and if they get a chance Im sure theyll perform very well." There have been reports that Ottawa has had discussions with the Philadelphia Flyers about veteran forward Vincent Lecavalier. Fridays signing reduces the likelihood of that, unless Lecavalier plays the wing or Legwand centres the third line. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: