periods there wasnt a lot of captainin | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
love520
love520 Mar 19 '19
Parramatta have shrugged off yet another week of high controversy and a worrying knee injury to Semi Radradra to produce a 22-18 win for the ages over Sydney Roosters at Pirtek Stadium. Vans Old Skool Australia .Despite being reduced to 15 men in the first half on Friday night, the Eels rallied from 18-6 down with 20 minutes remaining to keep their slim NRL finals hopes alive and send the 8464-strong crowd into raptures.On a day when skipper Kieran Foran asked the club for a release from the final three years of his contract, the Eels produced one of the gutsiest efforts in recent memory.Things didnt look good at first for Parramatta when Radradra left the field with a suspected medial ligament injury in the seventh minute and hooker Isaac De Gois followed soon after due to concussion.They did well to have scores level at 6-6 at halftime but the Roosters looked as if they were going to run away with it when Daniel Tupou twice flew high to set up Boyd Cordner and Latrell Mitchell in the space of three minutes.But just when the Eels looked gone, Manu Mau crossed for two tries in seven minutes to level the scores and rally his team.Five-eighth Corey Norman proved the match-winner, grubbering for Clint Guthersons 75th-minute four-pointer to put his side in front before pulling off a try-saver on Joseph Manu in the dying seconds.Norman set up all his sides four tries.The Eels will have a nervous wait after Danny Wicks, in his 100th game, was penalised for a shoulder charge in the first half and will face the scrutiny of the match review committee.Eels coach Brad Arthur said it was unclear how bad Radradras injury was and ranked the win as one of the most satisfying in his time at the club.I have to be honest, I didnt really know what was happening in the second half with who was playing where, Arthur said.Daniel Alvaro had to play 40 minutes in the second half as a front-rower and we had all our big fellas out there just filling in somewhere in the line.It was a pretty tough effort. Especially coming back from 18-6 down.It would have been very easy to say weve got enough excuses, weve got blokes all over the place, how are we going to score a try? But I think thats pretty much how weve played all year.Roosters coach Trent Robinson said his side were let down by their failure to hold onto ball and were guilty of inviting the Eels back into the game.It wasnt to be for us - I thought we were on top at 18-6 but we went away (from their game plan), and errors and penalties following that, Robinson said.And then some big misses on our kick and on the line against Manu Mau.Its pretty disappointing. Vans Old Skool Australia Cheap . The team said Saturday that Lopez was hurt during its 121-120 overtime loss at Philadelphia on Friday. The Nets said they would issue another update next week after consultation with their doctors. Vans Old Skool Australia Sale . -- Jaye Marie Green shot a 4-under 68 on Thursday to increase her lead to five strokes after the second round of the LPGA Tours qualifying tournament. http://www.wholesaleoldskoolaustralia.com/ .ca NHL Power Rankings for the second straight week, ahead of the Pittsburgh Penguins and Colorado Avalanche. As in Vizag this week, England walked off the field in Ahmedabad in 2012 with a whopping defeat against our names - beaten by nine wickets - to go 1-0 down in the series. But there wasnt any panic in the group. I remember we had a relaxing evening on the roof terrace after the match, it was a good night. It wasnt a massive debrief, or anything, there werent any Churchillan speeches, but we just chatted as a group.Despite the margin of defeat, we had actually finished the match not feeling too bad about life. After being asked to follow-on we showed plenty of spirit - and skill - in the second innings and it made a huge difference, helping to instil the belief that we could play their bowling. It was nice to help set the tone with Alastair Cook and, as a team, we grew from there.We knew if we could keep India out there, bowling for longer and longer, that would take them out of their comfort zone and we felt they would crack before we did. I think we took them by surprise, they looked lacklustre at times. Sachin Tendulkar and Gautam Gambhir were past their best. They had all the names, but Im not sure it was their best side.It is difficult to draw direct parallels between that England side and this one. In 2012, it was very much a ready-made team. If you look at the ages we were pretty experienced, even myself on debut had been around first-class cricket for a while. But as we did in that second innings in Ahmedabad, this England side have shown over the first two Tests of this series that they can compete with India.You have to get the India players out of their comfort zone, which is what we managed to do four years ago after the opening defeat. The pressure can quickly turn in their backyard. Questions are now being asked of Ajinkya Rahane despite what is a very impressive overall record. If England can keep forcing these questions to be asked it can escalate.There is one glaring difference and thats in the spin department which has been well-documented for a long time now. In Graeme Swann and Monty Panesar we had one of Englands great pairings. But Monty, who was magnificent in Kolkata and Mumbai, had not actually played the first Test where we went with three quicks alongside Swann and Samit Patel. However, it soon became apparent that two quicks and two spinners was the way forward. I remember standing at extra cover to Monty and you always felt in the game; it never felt like India had a plan to either him or Swann.This time, England again have to decide who their best bowlers are. There is an argument to say they need to play to strengths with an extra quick. They can still play two spinners, and Adil Rashids improvement on this tour - which has been one of the most impressive parts of the first two games - suggests he is now far less of a gamble to play as one of a pair. Zafar Ansari has found it tough, and what is really his role?Ive always believed you play your best bowlers, whether they be sspinners to seamers. Vans Old Skool Shoes Australia. Only people in the camp can judge how individuals are going. How is Steven Finn bowling? He was superb in the Kolkata Test in 2012 but he can struggle, like many bowlers, coming in from the cold. He has played once in Bangladesh but has had precious little cricket since the English season. Still, a fourth quick - be it Finn or Jake Ball - could bring more value than a third spinner. There is talk of Gareth Batty, but if he was so good hed have been playing already.There is one element out of Englands control that they really need some luck with: the toss. You cant say it wasnt important in Vizag. You also saw, when England had the chance to bat first in Rajkot that they were able to put pressure on India.In 2012 we managed to win in Mumbai and Kolkata despite losing the toss and having to bowl first, bowling India out for 327 and 316 in the two first innings, but hand on heart Im not sure I can see that happening this time around. Im naturally positive about this England team, I believe its a very good team with some match-changing players - it certainly isnt beyond them to win a Test - but the toss is looking important. You could see the look in Cooks eyes when he lost it in Vizag because he knows the resources at his disposal.This is another big challenge for Cook the captain. I couldnt understand his use of Moeen Ali, for example, in Vizag. On the 2012 tour he was a raw captain - it was his first series as full-time skipper - but in Swann and Panesar he had two spinners he could basically put on and they did their job. For periods there wasnt a lot of captaining to do, and if needed Swann would help him out. This time he doesnt have that luxury.It was also very much Andy Flowers team. He would do more of the talking and led the intensity. But now its very different. Trevor Bayliss believes its Alastairs team and he runs things completely. The main thing that Trevor has brought to this England team - and youve seen it in the last two Tests - is the fight, attitude and commitment. Even when theyve been down in this series that hasnt wavered. The second innings with the ball in Vizag typified that. I think India would have struggled in the final innings on that surface. You can pick holes in England, but it wasnt easy.Its important to hold your team spirit together when things get tough. It was something we were conscious of in 2012 and I really dont think that will be an issue with this side. Its a very good environment. Alastair is very big on staying together, not becoming too individualistic.England can turn this around. I do not think this is a superstar India team. They are very good at playing from the front in their home conditions, but get them on the back foot and theres a vulnerability there to be exposed.As told to Andrew McGlashan ' ' ' 
Share: