spent the 2011 season with Indianapolis, Tam | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Mar 15 '19
RIO DE JANEIRO -- Team USA center DeAndre Jordan of the L. Cheap Air Max 97 Australia .A. Clippers has made the claim that an Olympic gold medal should be viewed by the American basketball community as a more substantive achievement than an NBA championship.I think theyre above NBA rings, Jordan told ESPN of the gold medal USA Basketball is chasing here in Rio entering Wednesday nights quarterfinal game against Argentina.I may get in trouble for saying that, but I believe that. I feel like this is more special. Youre not just playing teams in the U.S. Youre playing teams from all over the world. And this is even more special because theres an NBA champion crowned every year, but this is every four years.Youve got to really think about that, man, because its extremely special.Jordan, like Anthony, has yet to win a championship in the NBA. In eight seasons, he has yet to advance past the second round of the Western Conference playoffs, but Jordan has spoken often in the past month about how thrilled he was to receive his first berth on the U.S. senior mens national team after earning All-NBA First Team honors last season.The topic of gold medals and NBA rings has come up with increasing regularity around Team USA in recent days, with New York Knicks star Carmelo Anthony in pursuit of his third gold medal, which would be a first for a U.S. Olympian in mens basketball.In an interview with ESPN last week, Anthony insisted that he will continue to tune out naysayers who take issue with his NBA resume and said that winning a third gold medal would indeed help lessen the sting of a playoff history back home that has seen him advance past the first round of the playoffs just twice in his career with the Denver Nuggets and New York Knicks.Most athletes dont have an opportunity to say that they won a gold medal, better yet three gold medals, Anthony said. I would be very happy walking away from the game knowing that Ive given the game everything I have, knowing I played on a high level at every level: high school, college, won [a championship at Syracuse] in college and possibly three gold medals.I can look back on it when my career is over -- if I dont have an NBA championship ring -- and say I had a great career.In an interview with ESPN this week, Jordan supported Anthonys position, saying: To be the first person to do anything, youre a legend. If hes the first [American basketball player] to play in four Olympics, hes a legend. If hes the first [American] to win three gold medals on the basketball stage, you gotta respect that guy. I will say that he had a great career regardless of what other people say.In these Rio Games, Anthony has surpassed LeBron James to become the all-time leading scorer in U.S. mens Olympic history. The 13-year NBA veteran, now 32, is trying to add to the gold medals he won in Beijing and London in 2008 and 2012 after the disappointment of a bronze medal in Athens in 2004.Of course, because we play in the NBA, thats always the goal: to win an NBA championship, Anthony said last week. But every year [theres] a new champion, so you have an opportunity to compete for a championship every year. This is every four years. Air Max 97 For Sale Online . Once again Jordan Cieciwa (@FitCityJordan) and I (@LynchOnSports) go head to head in our picks. Last weekend at UFC Fight Night 32 my #TeamLynch got the best of #TeamJC by a score of 9-6. Let us know which side youre on for UFC 167 use the hashtag #TeamLynch or #TeamJC on Twitter. Air Max 97 Clearance . LOUIS -- Roman Polak was celebrating even before Alexander Steen scored the winning goal in Saturdays 4-2 win over the Carolina Hurricanes. http://www.cheapaustraliaairmax97.com/ . Just not the game. Kyle Palmieri scored two straight goals in the third period to rally the Anaheim Ducks past the Philadelphia Flyers 3-2 on Tuesday night.CORTLAND, N.Y. -- The New York Jets have placed cornerback Aaron Berry on season-ending injured reserve and signed running back Chad Spann. Berry tore the anterior cruciate ligament in a knee when he got tangled up with a wide receiver during the Jets first practice of training camp Friday. He was expected to compete for the No. 4 cornerback spot, and coach Rex Ryan calls the loss of Berry "unfortunate." Spannn, who was undrafted out of Northern Illinois, spent the 2011 season with Indianapolis, Tampa Bay and Pittsburgh. Air Max 97 Australia Sale. He wasnt on an NFL roster last season. Defensive tackle Junior Aumavae and cornerback Mike Edwards were activated from the physically unable to perform list Saturday, while cornerback Darrin Walls was removed from the non-football injury list. All three practiced with the team. ' ' '
Share: