havent even had a preseason?game yet. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sxx123
sxx123 Dec 10 '17
SEATTLE -- Canadian welterweight Rory (Ares) MacDonald waged a technical fight in winning a unanimous if unappreciated decision over Jake (The Juggernaut) Ellenberger in the co-main event of a televised UFC card Saturday. Juan Bernat Bayern Munich Jersey . Ellenberger could not find a way to close the distance and the taller MacDonald punched away from the outside. It was effective if not entertaining and the crowd of 7,816 at KeyArena booed loudly for much of the fight. The bout may go down as one of the worst received UFC co-main events, judging from the fan response throughout. The 30-27, 29-28, 30-27 decision was greeted by even more boos. "That fight sucked so bad," said UFC president Dana White, who was frustrated earlier in the card by inconsistent judging. One could argue it was smart strategy by MacDonald. It forced Ellenberger into facing the risk/reward of closing the gap. And MacDonald is trained by Firas Zahabi, a master of the jab. Champion Georges St-Pierre, who also works under Zahabi in the same Montreal gym as MacDonald, was likely nodding in appreciation from his viewing position. St-Pierre -- who takes on No 1 contender Johny Hendricks in November -- and MacDonald have said they wont fight each other but the day of reckoning is approaching. Carlos (Natural Born Killer) Condit and Martin (The Hitman) Kampman meet next month in another welterweight fight with title contender implications. "I think I did exactly what I was supposed to do. I kept up my end," MacDonald said. "Hes a counter-puncher, and a very powerful puncher. I was waiting for my opportunities and he wasnt coming in at the right times." In Saturdays main event, flyweight champion Demetrious (Mighty Mouse) Johnson put on a show in submitting challenger John Moraga via armbar at 3:43 of the fifth round. The champ transitioned slickly from kimura to armbar in forcing Moraga to tap with his arm bent at an ugly angle. The move earned Johnson US$50,000 for submission of the night. It was a dominant display, with Johnsons superior grappling and speed winning the day. It was also the latest stoppage in the history of the UFC. In the aftermath of MacDonald-Ellenberger, White said he hoped the 125-pound title bout would "slap the bad taste out of everyones mouth." The little men did their best with the five-foot-three Johnson, who makes his home in nearby Parkland, taking the upper hand with his takedowns of the five-foot-six Moraga. The challenger, a relative unknown in the fledgling division, showed his teeth with a triangle attempt in the second round but Johnson (18-2-1) outmanoeuvred him and Moraga (13-2) went back to his stool frustrated. Off another takedown, Johnson almost locked in a kimura in the third round. It was more of the same in the fourth and fifth with Johnson controlling the fight -- and Moraga. MacDonald, a native of Kelowna, B.C., who fights out of Montreal, came into his bout ranked No. 3 in the 170-pound ranks while Ellenberger, a former U.S. marine who had done a lot of trash-talking at MacDonalds expense, was No. 4. The two fighters did shake hands after the decision, which stretched MacDonalds win streak to five. Ellenberger (29-7) was clearly feeling confident going into the evening, tweeting a picture of himself in the Hugo Boss suit he planned to wear at the post-fight news conference. Ellenberger came out first to "Bleed it out" by Linkin Park. MacDonald followed to Rihanna and a mixture of boos and cheers. The Canadian looked like he couldnt wait to fight, staring at Ellenberger as he entered the cage. Ellenberger had trouble closing the distance in the first round and MacDonalds stinging jab didnt help. The crowd didnt like the round but MacDonald (15-1) probably did. There were more boos in the second as MacDonald waited for Ellenberger to try to come in. Ellenbergers face began to show damage. MacDonald used kicks and jabs to keep Ellenberger away. But he couldnt stop everything and was bleeding from the face in the third round. Ellenberger also managed a late takedown, winning cheers for his effort. "It just wasnt my night," said Ellenberger. "I didnt have a good night. I didnt pull the trigger." "Im very disappointed in myself," he added. White thought both co-main event fighters failed to impress -- Ellenberger because he froze and MacDonald because he didnt press his advantage. "I dont think he did anything," White said of MacDonald. "He threw a few jabs and some front kicks. Thats all he did. "I dont think he moved down the (rankings) ladder but do you think anyones screaming to see him in a fight again?" Bantamweight Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche battered pint-sized Brazilian Jessica Andrade en route to a second-round TKO in the first UFC matchup of two openly lesbian fighters. Carmouche (8-3) survived a first-round guillotine choke attempt from the five-foot-two Andrade (9-3). But it was all Carmouche in the second as she alternated between mounting the Brazilian and taking her back, slamming down one ground strike after another until referee Herb Dean stepped in at 3:57. The biggest cheer during the bout, however, came when womens champion (Rowdy) Ronda Rousey was shown on the big screens. Earlier, middleweight Ed (Short Fuse) Herman won a split decision over former Strikeforce fighter Trevor (Hot Sauce) Smith in a wild, memorable, free-swinging bout that earned both men a $50,000 bonus for fight of the night. "Wow... Hell of a fight. Those guys took a few quality years off their lives," tweeted Condit, ranked No. 2 among welterweights. Both men were wobbled in a hard-hitting first round and Smith was cut around the eye. Smith (10-4) kept swinging and Herman (21-7 with one no contest) never blinked, even when he took a kick to the groin late in the fight. It really was Sleepless in Seattle as both men refused to go down. "What a SICK fight much respect to Herman and Smith!!!!!! Tough one to judge," tweeted White. He was proved right when the judges scored it 30-27, 27-30, 29-28 for Herman. White later tweeted that Smith fought with a broken hand. "I thought I won, but it was a close fight, so Ill give him the credit," said Smith, who fights out of Tukwila, Wash. There were some odd scorecards on the day, with another undercard bout seeing two judges awarding all three rounds to different fighters as Daron (Detroit Superstar) Cruickshank won a split (30-27, 27-30, 30-27) decision over veteran Yves Edwards. "That was a garbage dec! I hate the way this sport is judged," tweeted lightweight Jamie Varner. Veteran welterweight (Ruthless) Robbie Lawler floored Bobby (Vicious) Voelker and then stopped him with a right to the head as referee Dan Miragliotta rushed to end the carnage 24 seconds into the second round. It was all Lawler (21-9 with one no contest), who is 2-0 and has impressed since returning to the UFC. Voelker (24-10), who took the fight on two weeks notice, was game but outgunned. Lightweight Melvin (The Young Assassin) Guillard, who had lost four of his last five fights, dominated Mac Danzig en route to a nasty knockout at 2:47 of the second round. He won $50,000 for knockout of the night. Guillard (48-13-3 with one no contest) floored Danzig (22-11-1) with a punch to the head and then put him away with a flurry on the ground before referee Steve Newport finally stepped in. "The judges rules the Melvin Guillard vs Mac Danzig fight a split dec," White tweeted sarcastically after the stoppage. "Yes that was a joke," he added. "Judging is so bad in MMA people actually thought I was serious and that could happen," he continued on Twitter. Danzig, who has now lost four of his last six UFC fights and seven of his last 10, had trouble regaining his equilibrium and fell over when he finally tried to get off the canvas. But he walked out of the cage under his own steam. Lightweight Jorge (Gamebred) Masvidal submitted local favourite Michael (Maverick) Chiesa (9-1) via DArce choke with just one second remaining in the second round of a hard-fought bout that featured some big punches and plenty of technical grappling. There has been some bad blood before the fight with Masvidal (25-7) objecting to Chiesas win over a teammate last time out, not to mention his bushy beard. Lightweight Danny (Last Call) Castillo (16-5) won a unanimous 29-28 decision over Tim (The Dirty Bird) Means (18-5-1). Dutch bantamweight Germaine (The Iron Lady) de Randamie (4-2) earned a split (30-27, 28-29, 29-28) decision over Julie (Fireball) Kedzie (16-12) in a battle of UFC newcomers. "Have no clue how a judge could call that a split dec!!!" tweeted White. "MMA judges scare me. Randamie won easily 2-1 in a not very exciting fight." Lightweight Justin (J-Bomb) Salas (11-4) won a split (29-28, 28-29, 29-28) decision over veteran Aaron Riley (29-14-1) in a fight that left both mens faces busted up. Bantamweight Yaotzin Meza (19-8) defeated John (Prince) Albert (7-5) by second-round rear-naked choke. NOTES -- Herman, Riley, Danzig and Andrade all went to the hospital but were brought back and reported to be fine. Franck Ribery Bayern Munich Jersey .Y. -- The Buffalo Sabres have recalled forward Kevin Porter and defenceman Chad Ruhwedel from the minors as part of a five-player roster shuffle made by the NHLs worst team. Thiago Alcantara Bayern Munich Jersey . -- Aldon Smith believes he is on the path to being sober for good. http:///...ayern-Munich-Jersey/ . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. PITTSFORD, N.Y. -- Buffalo Bills rookie linebacker Reggie Ragland will have surgery to repair a torn ACL in his left knee and is expected to miss the entire 2016 season, the team announced Wednesday.The Bills will now be without their first-round pick, Shaq Lawson, and their second-round pick, Ragland, as they begin the regular season next month. Lawson, who underwent shoulder surgery in May, is expected to return between Week 6 to Week 8, a source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter.Despite the losses, coach Rex Ryan isnt lowering the expectations for his defense, which finished 19th in the NFL last season.Ive said all along that I feel like our defense will be much improved, Ryan said Wednesday. And Ill stand by that.Owner Terry Pegula echoed those statements.How would you like to be the other guys on this team? You lose one guy and people are saying the season is over? Thats crazy, Pegula told WGR 550.?Everybody has injuries. Compared to last year, were relatively unscathed right now, compared to where we were in camp last year.Ragland suffered the injury in practice on Friday while pursuing running back Reggie Bush on a play during 11-on-11 drills. Ryan initially said the Bills believed Ragland avoided ligament damage, but he later backed off that statement as the team waited for swelling to go down in Raglands knee.I think any time you have a knee [injury], and when they say, Hey, we have major concerns here, and I told you everything that was told to me, obviously we did have major concerns that he wouldnt be available, Ryan saidd Wednesday. Franck Ribery Jersey. We brought in some guys thinking that this was a real possibility.General manager Doug Whaley said after the draft that Lawson, Ragland and third-round pick Adolphus Washington were all expected to start immediately for Buffalos defense. Fifth-year veteran Zach Brown has taken over Raglands role with the first-team defense, while IK Enemkpali has filled in for Lawson during training camp with veteran outside linebacker Manny Lawson also sidelined with a partially torn pectoral. Washington continues to practice with the first team at defensive end.The Bills also signed veteran inside linebackers Brandon Spikes and David Hawthorne in the wake of Raglands injury. Both players have run with the second-team defense in practices this week.You can play to the strengths of some guys, Ryan said Wednesday. Zach Brown has got unusual cover skills for a linebacker. You can see him, envision him -- is he an every-down player? Im not sure. It could be. Hes doing a real nice job that way.Is a guy like Hawthorne or Spikes or?Randell Johnson?a possibility? Absolutely. But again, well let it play out. We havent even had a preseason?game yet. Well see what happens as we go.Buffalo traded up to take Ragland with the No. 41 overall selection in Aprils draft. Whaley said the team considered selecting the Alabama linebacker with its No. 19 pick in the first round, but the team drafted Shaq Lawson instead. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: