against discrimination, is what Iranian wome | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
sxx123
sxx123 Dec 10 '17
MIAMI -- Ninety minutes up the Florida Turnpike, a restaurant in Fort Pierce advertises its hours: We take Sundays off, just like the Dolphins. Costa Rica World Cup Jerseys .In South Florida and beyond, Miamis NFL team is again the butt of jokes. Theyre laughing in Fort Lauderdale, Fort Pierce and probably Fort Collins.Another punchline of a score could come Sunday when the Dolphins (1-4) play host to the Pittsburgh Steelers (4-1).The Dolphins are one-touchdown underdogs at home, for good reason.Their only victory came in overtime against winless Cleveland, and in two games since, theyve been outscored 52-24.Following last weeks dismal home loss against Tennessee, first-year coach Adam Gase described his offense as inept, and his defense might be even worse.The Steelers, meanwhile, lead the AFC North following consecutive wins by a combined score of 74-27. Here are things to know about two teams headed in opposite directions:BAD START: Rather than contend for their first playoff berth since 2008, the Dolphins are in the mix to pick No. 1 in the draft for the first time since ... 2008.Defensive end Cameron Wake is in his eighth season with Miami and said losing doesnt get easier.I hate it as much as my first high school game, the first time I lost, Wake said. The same pain, the same disgust, same fury. It boils inside of you. Unfortunately, Ive experienced it too many times.As usual, fans have directed the bulk of the blame at the quarterback. Fifth-year starter Ryan Tannehill has led the offense to just one touchdown in three of Miamis five games, and he was jeered like never before last week.But there are plenty of other culprits. The Dolphins rank fourth worst in the NFL in yards, and fifth worst in yards allowed. Their run defense ranks last, and their running game next to last.It aint just one person. It aint one group, center Mike Pouncey said. We all have to do better to win games.BAD BLOCKING: After Tannehill endured six sacks against the Titans, Gase released two offensive linemen who made emergency starts, sending a signal that even the Dolphins have standards.That ensures more lineup changes this week. Because of injuries and illness, Miami has had three starters at left tackle, three at left guard and three at center.ANOTHER REVAMPED LINE: The Steelers will play without defensive end Cam Heyward for the first time since they took him with the 31st overall pick in the 2011 draft.Pittsburgh will split Heywards snaps between rookie Javon Hargrave and veteran Ricardo Matthews, while Stephon Tuitt will take over the defensive line calls, a role Heyward prepped Tuitt for over the past two-plus years.Hes telling me hes talking a lot more, and we need him to do that, Heyward said. When I come back, we can do that twice as much. Hes only going to grow in this situation.Pittsburghs pass rush has picked up after a slow start. The Steelers have seven sacks in their past two games, numbers that could rise significantly against a Miami offense thats allowed Tannehill to be sacked 17 times. Only the Colts have given up more.Were getting more pressure, but weve got to figure out ways to get the quarterback down, linebacker Lawrence Timmons said.NUMBERS LIE: Pittsburgh is just 25th in total defense and 30th against the pass, an area the Steelers pledged to shore up in the offseason when they spent high draft picks on cornerback Artie Burns and safety Sean Davis.Yet Pittsburgh is a respectable ninth in points allowed (18.6) thanks in part to effective work on special teams and an offense that is holding onto the ball.Coach Mike Tomlin said he can live with the lack of splash plays like turnovers and sacks if it means the defense doesnt give up chunk plays that can flip the field and momentum in a hurry.We just have a desire to be a difficult team to beat, and for us it starts with not beating ourselves, Tomlin said. Defensively specifically, we look at not being a highly penalized group and one that makes our opponent earn it, and by that I mean keeping the ball in front of us.FAMILY REUNION: The Pouncey twins will butt heads Sunday. Not literally, because both play center, but the Steelers Maurkice and the Dolphins Mike will go against each other for the first time.---AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP-NFL---Follow Steven Wine on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Steve-Wine . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/steven-wine Cheap Costa Rica Soccer Jerseys . World champions Tatiana Volosozhar and Maxim Trankov of Russia won the gold medal with 237.71 points, Moore-Towers and Moscovitch followed at 208.45 and Ksenia Stolbova and Fedor Klimov of Russia were third at 187. Wholesale Costa Rica Jerseys . Olli Jokinen, Mark Scheifele, and Bryan Little each had a goal and an assist as Winnipeg won 5-2, handing Calgary its record-setting seventh consecutive loss on home ice. http://www.cheapcostaricajerseys.com/ . After dropping their final six games of December, the Wild opened the new calendar year with four consecutive wins. Following a loss to Colorado on Saturday, Minnesota rebounded the following night to blank Nashville 4-0, but then had the tables turned on them Tuesday. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Olympic security personnel questioned a female Iranian volleyball fan Saturday when she showed up for a match holding a large sign that read Let Iranian Women Enter Their Stadiums and wearing a white T-shirt with those same words.Darya Safai, who sat in a front-row courtside seat at Maracanazinho arena and briefly cried during the ordeal because it hurts, said that Olympic officials pushed her to leave the venue but she was determined to stay put.They said they didnt want the sign in front of the cameras and they asked us to leave, said Safai, who was with friends also wearing the T-shirts. They even tried to impress me with military people. I think it is a pity they always listen to what the regime of the Islamic Republic of Iran says.This is not the first time I had this experience but I wont give up because thats what Iranian women do, they keep fighting for their rights.The International Olympic Committee bans political statements at the games.So with all the things that happened here today at Maracanazinho, I stayed inside because it is my right, she wrote in a text message to The Associated Press.Born in Tehran and now living in Belgium, the 35-year-old Safai is the founder and director of Let Iranian Women Enter Their Stadiums! and an activist against gender discrimination. Women have generally been banned or heavily restricted from attending all-male sports events in Iran.Safai plans to try to bring her cause to Maracanazinho arena again. She wore a headband with the colors of Irans flaag and also face paint of the flag on each cheek. Youth Costa Rica Jerseys. or the next game on Monday we also have tickets and we are going to do the same, Safai said.Irans volleyball team, in its first Olympics, swept Egypt in the match 3-0 for its second victory in Rio.In 2012, the longtime ban on women from soccer matches in Iran was extended to volleyball. Women have for years been trying to change the long-standing efforts by authorities to enforce strict interpretations of Islamic norms.USA Volleyball chairwoman Lori Okimura has been outspoken on the issue -- she even brought her own Let Iranian Women Enter Their Stadiums T-shirt to Brazil -- and checked in with Safai on Saturday to make sure she was OK.This is not a political statement. This is not a political issue, Okimura said. This, to me, is not about politics, its about gender. Volleyball has always been about equality, why now are we not sending that same consistent message?Women in Iran saw Safais efforts on TV and appreciated the solidarity, taking to social media to offer their support.The Olympic Spirit, which is against discrimination, is what Iranian women need in their country, Safai said. It should be the right of everyone, men and women, to attend a sports game. It is a pity that women have to travel to Brazil to watch and cheer for their national team.---Associated Press Photographer Jeff Roberson contributed to this report. Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' ' 
Share: