not expected to land on the disabled list, according to manager Andy Green. W | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Feb 15 '19
Little more than two weeks ago, David Warner was all about patience and batting for long periods of time in Asia. Zay Jones Jersey .Youve got to be patient enough, he said before the first Test against Sri Lanka. Youve got to rotate the strike. Your patience comes with hitting your four-balls, your boundary balls. Theyre the ones youve got to really wait on. Thats what were talking about with patience in this game, especially over here. Youve got to bite the bullet.A pair of Test-match thrashings later, and with another bone-dry pitch in prospect at Colombos SSC ground, Warner and the Australians have rather changed their tune. Now Warner is all about attack, as he demonstrated in a pair of shot-a-ball cameos on the sharply turning Galle surface. Waiting for the bad ball is not longer an option. He who hesitates is lost, or at least lbw Herath.You have to think outside the box, Warner said. For me to come out of my crease personally its something I dont normally do but you have to do it in these conditions. If you defend, ones got your name on it, and ones going to straighten, which happened the other day. For me its about thinking on my feet, using my feet when Im out here and hopefully putting the bowler off some of his rhythm.Youre sitting ducks when youre facing six balls in a row - one of them is going to have your name on it. Especially when one turns and one doesnt turn. Its a hard game. People dont realise that youre going out here day one and day two and its turning square, where maybe five or six years ago probably day three, day four was probably when it was turning. So its hard from ball one and we really have to work hard and that starts in the nets.The nets have seen almost as much change in Australian philosophy as Warners rhetoric. Josh Hazlewood and Mitchell Starc charged in at their batting compatriots in Pallekele training, but now they are sent to work separately on centre wickets with Allan Donald while the batsmen face an assortment of spinners - including the part-time leggies Warner and Steven Smith trying off breaks.At the teams main training session on Thursday, Adam Voges warmed up separately from the group due to a tight hamstring, but then trained fully with the team, including his own stint at the bowling crease. The newly arrived apprentice batsman Travis Head whirred down his own offbreaks too, before batting in the canary yellow pads he will use when the ODI series begins after the third Test.As vice-captain, Warner is aware of how this tour may influence planning for the next Asian trip, to India next year. He noted the words of captain Smith about potentially needing to choose a squad even more tailored to the prevailing conditions than this one, with a rather different batting group taken to India. Regardless of what happens at the SSC, questions will need to be asked.Thats probably the Moneyball theory isnt it, you pick players for certain conditions, Warner said. End of the day were all professional athletes and you have to adapt to the conditions. If you dont adapt to them, your heads probably on the line. For us as cricketers we have to do the best we can in these conditions and adapt as well as we can.If the selectors dont think we fit that area of expertise, whether or not we can play in these conditions or play at home, thats up to them if they want to go down that path and pick the team based on that. [India] is our next subcontinent tour so I think there will be a few assessments made. I think the selectors may have to reassess a few things and whatever they think is necessary, theyll take the appropriate action Im pretty sure. Kelvin Benjamin Jersey . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Logan Thomas Jersey . It might not have mattered. While the Dodgers are preparing for the playoffs, the Padres showed their future has promise behind two rookies. http://www.thebillsgearshop.com/...-Kelly-Draft-Jersey/ .Y. -- Paul Byron and Matt Stajan scored as the Calgary Flames started a five-game road trip with a 2-1 overtime win over the Buffalo Sabres on Saturday afternoon.SAN DIEGO -- A late addition to the starting lineup, Adam Rosales made the most of the opportunity.Rosales, inserted into the lineup after Matt Kemp was traded to Atlanta, homered leading off the 10th inning to give the San Diego Padres a 2-1 victory over the Cincinnati Reds on Saturday night.That was definitely a huge win for us, Rosales said. The pitching was awesome. It was fun baseball today.Rosales sent a 2-2 pitch from Jumbo Diaz (0-1) over the fence in left-center field for his eighth homer of the season, and his first game-ending homer in the major leagues.It was 2-2, and I threw the fastball but the ball ran into the middle and he got me on that pitch right there, Diaz said. I feel really good. Im comfortable and making my pitches. Tomorrow is another day.Kemp was in the original lineup in right field before he was scratched shortly before the game. Rosales slotted in at third base, and a number of batters shifted up in the lineup to fill Kemps void. Kemp was in the dugout during the game, but was spotted hugging teammates and exiting to the clubhouse as the trade was finalized.The Padres later announced Kemp had been traded to the Braves in exchange for Hector Olivera.He was a huge part of our team, Rosales said. It is a game of adjustments. We have a lot of great ballplayers on this team, and we can pick up and fill in that spot the best we can.San Diego relievers Jose Dominguez, Ryan Buchter, Brandon Maurer and Brad Hand (3-2) each threw a scoreless inning.It was big, Padres manager Andy Green said. I thought all four of those guys, from Dominguez all the way through Hand, were outstanding.Christian Friedrich started for the Padres and pitched six innings while giving up one run and five hits. TreDavious White Jersey. Friedrich struck out two and walked one.I definitely felt better this outing. It was coming out nice. The defense was making plays behind me, everyone was. It was a good team win all around.Anthony DeSclafani allowed one run on four hits in six innings for the Reds. He walked two and struck out six.It was a well-pitched and well-defended game, Reds manager Bryan Price said. It ended up being a situation where one run was going to decide that ballgame, and it happened to be Adam Rosales who wasnt even in the lineup before the Kemp trade.The Reds got on the scoreboard first on Billy Hamiltons RBI single in the top of the third.Joey Votto singled in the fourth to extend his hitting streak to 14 games.Alexi Amarista, who had three hits in the game, hit an RBI single to right in the sixth to tie it.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: Alex Dickerson was held out of the lineup one day after suffering a hip contusion. Dickerson is not expected to land on the disabled list, according to manager Andy Green. Well get him back here soon, Green said..Single-A pitcher Chris Paddack, who the Padres recently acquired from Florida, will have Tommy John surgery, the club announced.UP NEXTReds: Homer Bailey (0-0) will make his season debut after returning from having Tommy John surgery in May 2015.Padres: Paul Clemens (1-1, 4.82) will make his second start for the Padres after being claimed off waivers on July 1. Cheap Hoodies From China Discount NFL Shirts Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap NFL Jerseys China Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Fast Shipping China Jerseys Stitched Jerseys ' ' '
Share: