ensible by NFL standards, and there needs to be some calling | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
LHX1990
LHX1990 Feb 12 '19
LOUISVILLE, Ky. Kevin De Bruyne Jersey . -- Down 12-0 and reeling from a turnover-prone first half, No. 6 Louisville recovered to reap major rewards from holding onto the ball.Just ask Brandon Radcliff, whose comeback from a giveaway ignited another Cardinals rout.Radcliff rushed for three touchdowns in Louisvilles 41-point second half, and the Cardinals roared past Wake Forest 44-12 on Saturday night despite a relatively quiet night for Heisman Trophy front-runner Lamar Jackson.Louisville (9-1, 7-1 Atlantic Coast Conference, No. 5 AP) trailed behind three lost first-half fumbles converted into field goals before shutting down the Demon Deacons (6-4, 3-3), holding them to just 37 yards after halftime. That opened the door for Radcliff to run 11 times for 141 yards and TDs of 55, 7 and 19 yards.Youre going to have some ups and some downs, Radcliff said. I just had to get back on that wave and just keep going, never get discouraged.Added Louisville coach Bobby Petrino, Brandon looked real decisive. He did a great job running the football.Jackson appeared headed for his first scoreless game since Nov. 14 against Virginia before completing a 2-yard pass to Cole Hikutini with 4:05 left for one of Louisvilles five touchdowns in the fourth quarter. Ronald Walker also had a 31-yard interception return for a TD in the final period, and Malik Williams added a 2-yard run with 50 seconds left.Jackson rushed for a game-high 153 yards on 22 carries but was held to 145 yards passing. It just didnt matter with Radcliff sparking Louisville to another blowout after one of its worst starts this season.Today it took the second half to win the game, Petrino said. We turned the ball over in the first half and we werent happy with that, but I thought the defense held in there and forced them to kick field goals. But when we came in the second half, I thought we dominated the game. A lot of sacks, and offensively we cranked it up, too.THE TAKEAWAYWake Forest: The Demon Deacons had it going in the first half, sacking Jackson four times and getting the takeaways they needed to build a lead. But Wake Forest never reached the end zone and couldnt stop Louisville in the second half. We played great defense for three quarters, coach Dave Clawson said. We didnt finish. Its incredibly frustrating, incredibly disappointing. The kids played well for three quarters.Quarterback John Wolford completed 13 of 22 passes for 141 yards.Louisville: The Cardinals seemed inclined to continue their recent pattern of following dominance with a dud before regrouping to record five of their seven sacks after halftime. They outgained the Demon Deacons 491-214, including 363-37 in the second half. We just knew we couldnt let them get touchdowns, defensive tackle DeAngelo Brown said. We wanted to hold them to field goals and let our offense have the ball and score points.POLL IMPLICATIONSPitts win at Clemson and USCs upset at Washington should shake up the poll and playoff rankings, especially after Louisville regrouped to pour it on in the second half.LAMARS MILESTONESJackson broke Teddy Bridgewaters single-season school record of 4,048 offensive yards and tied another with his seventh 100-yard rushing game.GET IT STARTEDLouisville fumbled on three of its first five first-half possessions -- including twice in Wake Forest territory -- before finally getting on the scoreboard with Blanton Creques 28-yard field goal just before halftime. That little contribution ended up providing the breakthrough the Cardinals needed.UP NEXTWake Forest: Hosts Clemson with a chance of spoiling the Tigers bid to repeat as Atlantic Division champions. A Demon Deacons win could open the door for Louisville, though the Cardinals would lose the head-to-head division tiebreaker with Clemson.Louisville: Faces a short week before visiting Houston on Thursday in what figures to be another major challenge. The Cardinals lost at home to the Cougars last season during their 0-3 start before recovering to win eight of their final 10 games and earn a bowl bid.---More AP college football: www.collegefootball.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-Top25 Thomas Vermaelen Jersey . Two pressure cooker bombs exploded near the finish line of the April 15 race in an area packed with fans cheering the passing runners. Three people were killed and more than 260 injured, including at least 16 who lost limbs. Thibaut Courtois Jersey . -- Teemu Selanne scored the first goal of his 22nd NHL season, and the Anaheim Ducks extended the best start in franchise history with their fifth straight victory, 3-2 over the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. http://www.belgiumsoccerpro.com/Adnan-Januzaj-Belgium-Jersey/ . He said Tuesday thats a big reason why he is now the new coach of the Tennessee Titans. Whisenhunt said he hit it off quickly with Ruston Webster when interviewing for the job Friday night. Carolina Panthers quarterback Cam Newton didnt speak out Thursday night after being on the receiving end of several controversial hits in a 21-20 loss to the Denver Broncos, but his father was grossly disturbed by the officiating crew, some Broncos defenders and the league office.It starts with the guys who control the behavior on the field, Cecil Newton told ESPN on Friday. I think the culprit is the mere fact that they allowed the game to get out of control. They allowed players to push the envelope to the very edge. Thats my ultimate concern. Whether [league officials] want to go after them or not, fine. But Im thinking about Cam Newton being healthy today, tomorrow and 25 or 35 years from now.Cam Newton, the reigning NFL MVP, absorbed at least four helmet-to-helmet hits, but only one drew a penalty. At least one hit showed a player launching into the 6-foot-5, 245-pound Newton, an action that is prohibited by league rules.Im beginning to question the consistency of how games are being called -- and who they would call this particular play against versus this particular player, Newtons father said. Was Cam treated differently from other quarterbacks? In this case, yes, he was -- clearly. Anybody who has followed the game for any length of time and has a working knowledge of how the game is to be played would agree with that statement.People throw all these jingles out there about hes mobile, hes bigger, hes more physical. Theres a lot of this and that. At the end of the day, Cam deserves to be protected just like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, Ryan Tannehill, Kirk Cousins, Andy Dalton, and the list goes on and on. I know a good hit when I see a good hit. I was a defensive player, and I played the game at the highest level as well. But when you deliberately target and when youre constantly being hit after the ball is out, I question the intent of the defensive player, and I question the official who, basically, if he does not warn them, lets the flow of the game continue.Panthers coach Ron Rivera echoed some of Cecil Newtons sentiments Friday afternoon, saying some of the hits on his star quarterback should have been called as penalties. Dean?Blandino, the leagues senior vice president of officiating, would not comment when reached Friday. The NFL Referees Association did not return a request for comment.Some of Cam Newtons teammates, including star tight end Greg Olsen and linebacker Thomas Davis, also questioned the lack of penalties on the hits against Newton.I know hes the biggest guy on the field, but hes still the quarterback, Olsen said. Well see what some of those [helmet-to-helmet hits] look like. Obviously, we got one of them, but we didnt get many yards off of it.In July, the league adopted stronger concussion protocols that included not only an independent neurologist on the sideline but also a second spotter in a suite above the field who could signal for play to be stopped so a player could be examined for a possible concussion. The NFL has had one spotter in a suite since 2013.Newton, who stayed on the field after all four questionable hits, said he was not examined untill after the game. Nacer Chadli Jersey. f the league is going to be married to concussion protocol, first of all, start it with the officials because they mandate behavior on the field, Cecil Newton said. If youre going to be married to the concussion protocol, be consistent with the calls that youre going to get, whether its Cam vs. Aaron Rodgers or its Aaron Rodgers vs. Ben Roethlisberger. I didnt see that at all last night. I didnt see any of that at all. And I am grossly disturbed about what I saw.The NFL said in a statement Friday that medical personnel, including the unaffiliated neurotrauma consultant, reviewed video of Darian Stewarts final-minute hit on Newton. The league concluded there were no indications of a concussion that would require further evaluation and the removal of the player from the game. Rivera also emphasized Friday that the team followed the concussion protocol.An NFL Players Association spokesman said Friday morning that the union was reviewing whether proper concussion protocol was followed.I dont speak in the voice of Cam Newton, Cecil Newton said. I speak in the voice of Cecil Newton. Im the father. I speak from what I saw. Im disappointed in the officiating crew, as a fan of the NFL. ... These guys have to do a better, unbiased job. I dont want it to necessarily be because hes a black quarterback. But it causes you to wonder -- are you really biased or have some hidden reason [for treating him differently]? Because if everybody else can see the targeting -- I cant tell you how many calls Ive gotten since last night, in the last 12 hours.Asked again if he feels there is a bias against his son, Newton said he thinks there is a bias, a hidden bias.Im not just going to always say its race. Im not going to keep fanning the flames of race in every situation, he said. But it causes me to wonder. Help me understand through transparency. Commissioner Roger Goodell and NFL, help me understand how this can happen to the reigning MVP. Explain that to me. Im not going to fan the flames of race in this particular category, but I really sit back and ask myself, Would this have happened to some of his other fellow colleagues? Let the public answer the question for themselves.Im just telling you what I see. I have a gross concern, not just for the safety of my son, but also the safety of other people as quarterbacks who, basically, are launched at and there are no calls. Dont tell me youre not old enough to get that call. Dont tell me this is a five-time Pro Bowler who did what he did and youre just going to kind of let it go this time around. Dont tell me that. Cam has a large following on both sides of the aisle. Cam interacts with people in the community throughout. Its not like hes been pandering to a certain side of the aisle. Im just telling you that what I saw last night was reprehensible by NFL standards, and there needs to be some calling out of sorts, to the officiating crew as well as to those players who would be seen on record as taking cheap shots. Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' ' 
Share: