aseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Che | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
123 Feb 11 '19
ROME -- Venus Williams lost in the first round of the Italian Open to Laura Robson. Vans Shoes Outlet USA . Now sister Serena will get a chance to even the score. Robson, a quickly improving 19-year-old British player, beat Venus Williams 6-3, 6-2 on Monday to set up a second-round match with top-ranked Serena. Robson won the Wimbledon junior title at 14 and at last weeks Madrid Open, she upset fourth-seeded Agnieszka Radwanska before losing in the third round to 16th-seeded Ana Ivanovic in a third-set tiebreaker. "I just like it on big courts against these huge players because I just go out there with nothing to lose," the 39th-ranked Robson said. "I can remember seeing (Venus) play at Wimbledon when I was about 10 and I was kind of blown away with the speed that she hit the ball. "Today when she hit it in the centre of the racket it was basically point over, so I just had to take my chances." Both players struggled with the wind at the Foro Italico, with Robson hitting eight double-faults and Williams six. However, Williams errors came at more inopportune times, with two double-faults in the final game. "Its always hard to play high quality tennis in that wind," Robson said. "I wish it could have been a higher standard but Im happy to have won." Serena, who won the Madrid title Sunday, watched the match from the stands. "(Robson) has a great game," the younger Williams sister said. "Shes really young, still. Shes just so free and she looks great on the court and shes so smooth and shes a lefty, so that just adds a notch to her whole level. "Ive never played her before. Ive always wanted to. So I have a tough second-round match." Serenas only title at this clay-court tournament came in 2002 but if she continues playing the way she did in Madrid -- and in her previous two tournaments, which she also won -- shell be difficult to beat. "She is playing probably her best tennis," Robson said. "So its going to be insanely tough but Im just going to go out there and do my best." This tournament is the last major warm-up for the French Open, the years second Grand Slam, which starts May 26. The top 32 players get seeded for Grand Slams. "Ive said since the start of the year that I wanted to be seeded for Wimbledon and it would be great if I were to be seeded for Roland Garros as well," Robson said. The top-eight seeded players in Rome have first-round byes. In other matches, ninth-seeded Samantha Stosur cruised past Su-Wei Hsieh of Taiwan 6-2, 6-3; two-time champion Jelena Jankovic overpowered Tsvetana Pironkova of Bulgaria 6-3, 6-0; Sabine Lisicki of Germany eliminated American qualifier Mallory Burdette 6-1, 6-2; and Italian wild-card entry Nastassja Burnett defeated 2008 finalist Alize Cornet of France 6-2, 6-2. In a night match that was suspended briefly due to a lights outage, 59th-ranked Kiki Bertens of Netherlands beat 2010 French Open champion Francesca Schiavone 7-6 (5), 6-1. In mens action, 11th-seeded Marin Cilic beat Andrey Golubev of Kazakhstan 6-4, 6-2 and Italian wild card Potito Starace rallied past Radek Stepanek of the Czech Republic 4-6, 6-4, 6-3 to set up a match against second-seeded Roger Federer. In a late match, 16th-seeded Kei Nishikori of Japan dispatched Italian wild card Paolo Lorenzi 6-2, 6-4. Nishikori, who upset Roger Federer in Madrid last week, called for a trainer while leading 4-3 in the second set to tend to his right thigh but did not appear slowed while closing the match out. Meanwhile, 10th-seeded Janko Tipsarevic withdrew from the tournament with bronchitis and Lukas Rosol took his place in the draw. Also, sixth-seeded Angelique Kerber withdrew with an abdominal injury and was replaced by Lourdes Dominguez Lino of Spain. Cheap Vans Shoes For Sale . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. Cheap Vans Shoes China . Mickelson barely made the cut but had the best round of the day with nine birdies and an eagle coupled with two bogeys to sit two shots behind leader Craig Lee of Scotland. Lee shot a 69 for a 12-under 204 total. "I just love the fact I am in contention and have an opportunity in my first tournament of the year here in Abu Dhabi," Mickelson said. http://www.vansoutletstore.com/ . Jane Virtanen scored two, and Alex Roach and Elliott Peterson rounded out the offence for the Hitmen (40-15-6). Brady Brassart chipped in with three assists. Colton McCarthy scored twice, Brayden Point had a goal and two assists, and Jack Rodewald also scored for the Warriors (15-35-9), who were 2 for 5 on the power play. On the pitch, everything seems to be going well for Watford, who are off to their best Premier League start in club history with 12 points through nine matches. Yet an off-pitch distraction could derail those good feelings ahead of Saturdays match at Vicarage Road against foundering Hull City.The Hornets (3-3-3) are ninth in the table, ahead of Bournemouth on goal difference, but the Football League is investigating the team for what is reportedly a forged document from 2014 -- before Watford were promoted to the Premier League -- during the transfer of the team from Giampolo Pozzo to his son Gino.The document, which was made to appear to be written by HSBC, was designed to prove the younger Pozzo had sufficient funds to be the teams sole owner, claiming it had a cash-backed unsecured bank guarantee up to the amount of GBP 7 million for the funding of The Watford Associated Football Club Limited for the 2014-15 season.The team has done an internal investigation in which it reportedly knows the identity of the person who crafted the letter, and he has since left the organization. But it may also cost team chairman Raffaele Riva his job as multiple reports say he is expected to tender his resignation.Gino Pozzos ownership of the team isnt expected to be affected since neither he nor his father are believed to be aware of what took place. But the English Football League is conducting its own investigation into the matter, and Watford could face penalties ranging from a heavy fine to a possible deduction of points.That last option, though, seems rather drastic since only two teams in Premier League history have been docked points for any occasion. Middlesbrough lost three points in 1996-97 for a postponement unauthorized by the FL, and Portsmouth were docked nine points after going into administration in the 2009-10 season.The team released a statement Wednesday claiming it had no prior knowledge of any concerns about the authenticity of the document and also that Hornets Investment Ltd had invested £20 million since the document was given to the Football League.Back on the field, Watford have a win and two draws in their last three matches following a 0-0 deadlock at Swansea City last weekend. The Hornets had to weather a determined Swans side eager to perform ffor new manager Bob Bradley in his home debut, and goalkeeper Heurelho Gomes made a key second-half save to preserve the scoreline. Discount Vans Shoes. I believe we played very well in the first half, Gomes said. When they have a new manager with a first game at home, they were very positive, but we held them very well. A goalkeeper has to win points for the club, and thats what Im here for.Hull City (2-1-6) have taken just one point from their last seven matches after their surprising bolt from the gate with back-to-back wins. However, they have momentum on their side after a 2-1 victory at Championship side Bristol City on Tuesday to book a spot in the quarterfinals of the EFL Cup opposite Newcastle United next month. Harry Maguire scored late in the first half and Michael Dawson added a second shortly after the interval to offset a stoppage-time goal by Lee Tomlin.It was the first victory in any match for the Tigers since their EFL Cup victory over Stoke City last month. Manager Mike Phelan is hoping Tuesdays win is a sign of things to come.Weve won our latest game and that will give us that little bit of freshness, the players can come into training on Wednesday and enjoy the day without us finding too many faults.We thought about making a lot of changes to the lineup, but then we also wanted to scratch away at our recent defeats. Weve done that and the players should because at times we looked like a good unit going forward.Hull Citys EFL Cup form is all the more confounding when one considers theyve been outscored 21-4 in their top-division winless drought. More amazingly is all three EFLs victories have come on the road -- the Tigers are 4-7-12 in top-flight play way from home since the start of the 2014-15 season.The Tigers have shipped 11 goals in their last two away Premier League matches, being thumped by Liverpool for five and Bournemouth for six.This is the first Premier League match between the teams, and Watfords 1-0 victory in 2013 in the most recent contest snapped Hull Citys eight-match unbeaten streak (6-2-0) against the Hornets. The Tigers are 3-1-0 in their last four matches at Vicarage Road since a 1-0 defeat in 2007.Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Basketball Jerseys Wholesale Hockey Jerseys China Nike Baseball Jerseys Cheap College Jerseys China Cheap Football Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Canada Wholesale NHL Jerseys Canada Wholesale Nike MLB Jerseys Canada Cheap NBA Jerseys Authentic Canada Stitched Soccer Jerseys Canada Cheap Jerseys Canada NFL ' ' '
Share: