League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Oct 14 '17
WINNIPEG -- If a labour dispute does derail the start of the CFL season, new Winnipeg Blue Bomber quarterback Drew Willy says hes "100 per cent behind the players" and knows just what to do. Ronnie Lott Jersey . He was with the New York Jets in 2011 when the NFL locked out their players after they failed to agree on a new contract. Willy went undrafted but was given a look by four NFL teams before heading north. "If there was something to happen, Id make sure we were getting the guys together in Winnipeg . . . getting our work in, obviously not in the building but somewhere around Winnipeg," he said Wednesday as the Blue Bombers rookie camp got under way. Thats what quarterback Mark Sanchez did with the Jets during the four-month NFL lockout in 2011. "Whoevers in the area, well make sure we get all the leaders, a lot of guys that are in the area." Not that Willy, 27, is looking forward to running a makeshift camp as he prepares to take the field for the first time as a starting quarterback in the CFL, after spending two seasons as a backup with the Saskatchewan Roughriders. "Being a first-time starter, I need all the reps I can get but also I understand it is a business and I back the players," he said. Things still remained very much up in the air Wednesday as the clock ticked down and talks resumed. The collective bargaining agreement between the league and the players ends Thursday at midnight ET, and a possible strike looms before the start of main camp Sunday. Willy said he was looking forward to throwing his first passes as a Blue Bomber on Investors Group Field as rookie camp got rolling Wednesday evening. "Quarterbacks, we dont get hit in practice, so Ive always loved practice." He had already spent a couple of days in the teams quarterback school with the Bombers other three pivots, Robert Marve, Brian Brohm and Max Hall, the only active quarterback from last season the team elected to keep on their roster. Brohm was signed last season but went straight to the injured list. Hall took over mid-season and finished as Winnipegs most consistent quarterback in 2013, starting nine of Winnipegs 12 final games. But the team still floundered and finished at 3-15 in the CFL cellar. Offensive co-ordinator Marcel Bellefeuille is also back after taking over last August when Gary Crowton was sacked, and he has been putting the teams quarterbacks though their paces. "We pretty much started with what coach Bellefeuille expects from us as a unit, as individuals. Just mentally doing the right things, watching a lot of film," said Willy. "You get towards the installation period where we put in different aspects of the offence." The one good thing that came out of last season was the ability to pick second in the CFL draft (behind expansion Ottawa, which traded its pick to Calgary), and the Bombers also announced Wednesday that they had signed their top 2014 pick, offensive lineman Matthias Goossen. The team is hoping Goossen might even be able to start this season, perhaps at centre. The six-foot-four, 294-pound lineman was a conference all-star the past two seasons at Simon Fraser and was also on the world team that defeated the U.S. for the first time ever at the 2012 IFAF International Bowl. After his first practice Wednesday, Goossen said it was exciting, tiring and also the first time the Vancouver-area native has lived away from home. Hes bunking in a University of Manitoba dorm. "You only have one first practice and it was a lot of fun, very fast and very physical," he said after lining up at centre, although he said he isnt necessarily counting on winning that spot. "Im just trying to do my best every day. Im going to try and get better and contribute to the team in any way possible." Coach Mike OShea was happy Goossen made it for the start of camp and sounded a lot more positive about his chances. "We drafted him at that spot for a reason because we like him a lot," said OShea. "Hes going to be just fine." The Bombers are hanging a lot on Willys shoulders as they prepare for their second season in a new $200-million-plus stadium that carries a hefty mortgage they must pay. But Willy isnt short on confidence. "Ive been around some good coaches and players. I just need to take everything Ive learned here and there, put it all together and go out there," he said. Rodney Hudson Jersey . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final. E. J. Manuel Jersey . -- Arizona pitcher Bronson Arroyo is expected to miss a week to 10 days because of a back injury.Golderg has refused to rule out a return to WWE - or a rematch with Brock Lesnar. The two-time world champion has been linked with a comeback ever since he was included as a playable character in WWEs latest video game, 2K17.Goldberg last wrestled for WWE at WrestleMania XX in 2004, where he beat Brock Lesnar at Madison Square Garden in New York. Im an old man, here, Im 49 years old, said the powerhouse during an interview with ESPN on Wednesday night.A guy like Ric Flair at 49 can go out and do his character, a guy at 49 to go out and do Goldberg again? I dont know what the odds are. Goldberg will be a playable character in WWE 2K17 I think that if anyone could do it, it would be me, but its something Ive got to think about - Im going to do a lot of soul-searching and decide.Ive got a 10-year-old boy and a wife whos never seen me wrestle and a generation of kids who dont know who the hell I am except for looking online. Watch NOW TV Watch Sky Sports for just £6.99. No contract. Being Golderg gave me the ability to be a superhero foor kids and I want the ability to be that guy again, but theres a compromise there. Jim Plunkett Jersey. To be that guy at 49 years old, do you risk losing your legacy? Is it smart? Is it something Ill regret?Lesnar also left WWE after WrestleMania XX in order to pursue an NFL career, but re-signed with the company in April 2012. Lesnar would be the match, says Goldberg The Beast Incarnate has since ended Undertakers undefeated streak at WrestleMania and earned a fourth reign as world champion.Theres a plethora of people but Id be remiss in saying I dont owe Lesnar a rematch, added Goldberg.I had my hand raised in the first meeting and if I ever came back that would be the match.Id have to work my ass off is Brock is a like a superhero-alien guy - big, strong, fast and mean - but I beat him once…Watch WWE Raw, Smackdown and Main Event every week on Sky Sports. WWE 2K17 is released on Tuesday, October 11.You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: Follow @SkySportsWWE WWE news WWE videos WWE on Sky Sports Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys China NFL Cheap Jerseys ' ' '
Share: