two points on 1-of-8 shooting before leaving to | Forum

Topic location: Forum home » General » General Chat
miaowang123
miaowang123 Jan 13 '19
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. Discount Air Max 720 . - Wayne Taylor had no intention of racing again when he climbed out of the cockpit following his last start in the Rolex 24 at Daytona four years ago. Then he was given a rare opportunity to race with sons Ricky and Jordan. The 58-year-old Taylor will briefly end his retirement Saturday to drive one stint in the No. 10 Wayne Taylor Racing Corvette in the twice-around-the-clock endurance race at Daytona International Speedway. Hes part of a four-driver lineup that includes his sons and team co-owner Max Angelelli. "Im doing this because Im able to be with my kids, and with Max, and Id probably never have this opportunity again," Taylor said. "How many people get this chance? Its amazing. For the family, it is truly an amazing thing and something later in life we will be able to talk about and it will never be able to be taken from me, irrespective of the result." The chance came about late last season when Angelelli saw Ricky Taylor struggling in his first season driving for Spirit of Daytona. Ricky and Angelelli had been teammates for three seasons before Ricky moved on, and younger brother, Jordan, filled the seat. While Jordan and Angelelli were on their way to the Grand-AM drivers championship, Ricky wasnt having much success. So Angelelli offered to step aside this year — hell drive only in the four endurance races — to give his seat to Ricky and allow the brothers a chance to race as teammates. "Max was the one who brought it up midyear last year when Ricky was having a rough year," Jordan said. "We were having such a good year, and it was hard to see Ricky having such a bad year and Max said You know, Im OK to step out of the car next year if you want to have him join Jordan. Once that kind of started it, everyone got excited about the idea." It was a selfless gesture by Angelelli, who was a co-driver with Wayne Taylor for their 2005 Rolex victory. Wayne Taylor also won the race in 1996, and his boys — who are now 24 and 22 — celebrated wildly in Victory Lane. "Max and I have been together for a long time, we won championships and races together and the 24 Hours together, and hes like a big brother to the boys," Wayne said. "When there was a possibility that Ricky could come back, and prior to that the boys never ever wanted to drive together but they do now, Max came to me and said Wayne, I know this is difficult for you, but let me make this easy for you: I am going to step aside to put Ricky in the car. "It was amazing. I dont think Id have ever gone to him and asked him. I may have, but he brought it up. It made it a lot easier." For Ricky, theres a lot of pressure in returning to the team that not only won the driver championship in Grand-AM last season — the series merged with American Le Mans this year to create the unified Tudor United SportsCar Championship — but the team also finished second in the 24 Hours last season. Angelelli and Wayne Taylor were vocal last year in that Chevrolet was at a disadvantage to BMW, and the Corvettes seem to have the speed edge this year. Its got some believing the Wayne Taylor entry could be a race favourite should they go the distance. "Weve all been answering lots of questions about what its like driving together — past that, its probably the biggest 24-hour Ive ever done," Ricky Taylor said. "Im driving with Jordan, really, for the first time but, after three test sessions, it already seems like weve been teammates for a whole year. Its a cool feeling for us to hand the car off to each other." The verdict is still out on how it feels for Wayne Taylor. Hes not used to being the slowest driver on the team, and while having both his boys in his car seems ideal, hes not certain his blood pressure can take it over the course of an entire season. "It is so stressful," he admitted. "It is so incredibly stressful when it is your kids. When it is one, you are so stressed and then they get out of the car and turn it over to another driver and you get time to relax. Now I have both of them and there will be no time to relax. But to have them both together, wanting to race as teammates, I guess its living a dream, you know?" Air Max 720 Cheap Wholesale . He had even more fun Friday. Coming off a sensational rookie season, Spieth opened the new year by never coming close to bogey and making a 12-foot birdie putt on the last hole for a 7-under 66. Wholesale Air Max 720 Uk . -- The Sacramento Kings have claimed forward Travis Outlaw off waivers under the NBAs new amnesty provision, filling out the frontcourt with another veteran.SALT LAKE CITY -- Jonas Valanciunas was "juiced" from the moment he batted the opening tip into the backcourt. The improving big man from Lithuania set the tone and then DeMar DeRozan sealed the deal. "I was really excited to play Enes (Kanter). Hes a good buddy of mine and weve played since I was 15 years old. We talked all the game," said Valanciunas, who had 18 points and nine rebounds to help the Toronto Raptors turn back the Utah Jazz 94-79 on Monday night for their fourth win in the last five games. "We juiced him up a little bit this morning, teasing him about how Kanter got after him in the Euroleague. So he came out and played, really muscled," Toronto coach Dwane Casey said after the second-year centre scored the Raptors first six points. DeRozan scored 23 points as Toronto continued to surprise away from home. "Honestly, I think there is no pressure on the road," DeRozan said. DeRozan looked to get his teammates involved in the first half but once Kyle Lowry left with a knee injury, the new All-Star took matters into his own hands with nine points in the fourth quarter to quell a Jazz comeback. The Raptors scored 13 of the games final 16 points. "I just pick and choose. I try and be aggressive. Try and rebound, try to pass to my teammates. I dont just try and go out there to score every time down," DeRozan said. Valanciunas and Amir Johnson, who had 11 points and 11 rebounds, exposed the Jazz interior defence without Derrick Favours (hip). "Everyone gets along together. We all just kind of click. You usually dont find that," Johnson said. Marvin Williams scored 23 points and Alec Burks had 20 off the bench but it wasnt enough to keep the Jazz from their third straight loss, their worst span since a four-game skid from Dec. 4-9. Greivis Vasquez, who had 12 points, opened the fourth quarter with a floater to give the Raptors a 73-62 lead. Burks made back-to-back driving layups to power an 8-0 run to get the Jazz within four points for the first time since early in the second quarter. But the Raptors used their own 11-2 surge to clinch the victory. DeRozan had seven straight for the Raptors in the stretch. But the Raptors used their own 11-2 surge to clinch the victory. DeRozan had seven straight for the Raptors in the stretch. Air Max 720 Sale Uk. "Were playing for each other. Each of us want the best for the others on the team. We care about each other and have great chemistry," Vasquez said. The Raptors had dropped seven of eight at Utah by an average of 14.9 points, but controlled this one almost all the way. Torontos last win here since 2006 was a 111-106 double-overtime victory on Jan. 25, 2012. DeRozan has been effective no matter where he plays, especially in games in the States, averaging 27 points over his last seven on the road. Valanciunas also continued his upward trend with another strong game on the interior, with four offensive rebounds and many more plays where he kept the ball alive for Johnson. "Thats the challenge that hes got to take to be a big-time player in this league," Casey said. The Jazz hoped to awaken Gordon Hayward and Trey Burke from their slumps but the pair, which has been shooting less than 30 per cent, combined to make just 7 of 25 shots and commit seven turnovers. "I thought we had great shots. We missed some really good looks we have been making," Utah coach Tyrone Corbin said after his team had a season-low 10 assists. Lowry had two points on 1-of-8 shooting before leaving to the locker room for good in the third quarter with right knee pain. He will be evaluated on Tuesday to see if he can play either of the final two games of this five-game Western Conference road trip. The Raptors (14-12) have as many road wins as any team in the Eastern Conference, tied with Miami and Indiana. They have never finished a season above .500 away from home. Favours injured hip prevented him from playing and without their starting centre, the Jazz have lost all six contests this year. Kanter had 10 points for Utah but was pulled after missing a defensive assignment and played just 20 minutes. The Jazz are 1-21 with the big man from Turkey in the starting lineup. Notes: The Raptors are 18-10 after the seven-player trade with Sacramento on Dec. 7. ... Toronto used a 31-17 second quarter to take control of the game. ... DeRozan and Valanciunas were both poked in the eye during the course of the game. ... The Jazz were 3 of 17 from behind the 3-point line. . Jeremy Evans missed the game for Utah with a bruised tailbone and elbow. Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Authentic Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Wholesale Nike Basketball Jerseys Hockey Jerseys China Supply Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Sale Authentic College Jerseys MLB Jerseys China Stitched Soccer Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Nike Jerseys ' ' '
Share: